Garlic Shaker® is the Fastest, Easiest, and Most Affordable Way to Peel Garlic. Other garlic peeling methods and devices don't even come close to its performance, speed, and ease-of-use. After 3 years of thoughtful design, eight different prototypes, and over $150K of our own investment, we are proud to present to you a revolution in the kitchen!
For pledging at one of the following levels, we would like to thank you and express our deepest gratitude for your support with one of these rewards. You can always pledge higher to get more Garlic Shakers!
HOW IT WORKS
Garlic Shaker® has two lids for easy cleaning on the top rack of your dishwasher. It fits easily in any kitchen cabinet. It has an ergonomic design. It is completely Food Safe, BPA Free, and Dishwasher Safe.
IT'S EASY TO CLEAN
IT FITS IN ANY KITCHEN CABINET
IT WILL NOT ROLL OFF THE TABLE
Most importantly Garlic Shaker® peels garlic faster and better than any other method! Here's why:
Option One: Pre-Peeled Garlic
- Pre-peeled garlic is very expensive, and if it’s pre-minced the cost is ridiculous. The garlic also loses its flavor and health benefits from sitting on a shelf. How long has it been sitting in that package anyway?
- A fresh bulb of garlic at any grocery costs very little, tastes fantastic, and has all the health benefits. Nothing beats a freshly peeled clove, and the Garlic Shaker® makes it affordable, and maintains the healthy qualities of each clove at its best.
Option Two: Roll
- Garlic rollers by design have some fundamental flaws. You can only peel a few cloves at a time, very slowly. It is fine if you are cooking one meal, for one person. But if you need more than just a garlic clove or two then it’s really not very useful.
- Garlic Shaker® can peel every clove in a head of garlic in seconds. You can even peel many heads in a row.
Option Three: Soak
- Soaking garlic in water kills the taste and health benefits of garlic completely. Soaking garlic has a negative impact on taste because the garlic clove absorbs the water into itself very fast. This makes the garlic squishy, waterlogged, and soggy tasting.
- Garlic Shaker® preserves the taste and health benefits of garlic completely because it is peeled fresh.
Option Four: Smash
- Using this method guarantees you have immediately damaged the clove. Also, the skin really doesn’t get peeled this way. You still have to hand peel most, if not all the skin off each garlic clove.This method makes your hands just as smelly as hand peeling.
- Garlic Shaker® takes out all the guess work and you get quick whole peeled garlic every single time!
Option Five: Microwave
- If you are nuking your cloves, let us save you some time and frustration: this is one of the worst ways to peel garlic! You're literally zapping out all the nutrition and flavor in places and ways that the human eye can't see.
- We believe we have created a better way to quickly peel garlic that won't have such a negative impact on the taste, health benefits, or storability. Using a Garlic Shaker® to peel with solves all of these problems.
Option Five: Mason Jar
- Using a mason jar for peeling garlic has obvious drawbacks. It is made of glass and will break if you drop it. They are unattractive on a countertop, and they are short so you have to shake them for a long time because the garlic will just spin around in it. Mason jars were designed for storing and pickling food. Use it for pickled garlic!
- Garlic Shaker® was specifically designed to optimize the garlic peeling experience.
Option Six: Two Mixing Bowls
- Using two mixing bowls has so many problems. The are large and take up a lot of space in a cabinet. You need large hands and strength to even try this method, and even then they don't peel garlic very well at all. Most of the skins stay on the cloves.
- We believe the Garlic Shaker® experience completely solves the problem of peeling garlic for everyone regardless of any physical limitations.
Option Seven: Knife
- Using a knife as a garlic peeler is very dangerous! It is the most dangerous method you can use. Unless you are willing to risk a visit to the emergency room we don’t recommend using a knife ever.
- There is no safer or more productive tool in your kitchen for peeling garlic than the Garlic Shaker®.
Make life a little easier. Enjoy the kitchen more!
Everything we have done to bring the Garlic Shaker® to life has been to create a better cooking experience for you. We want you to enjoy being in the kitchen a lot more. We simply hope to increase your access to fresh, healthy, delicious garlic because it is good for you and tastes great. To accomplish our mission, we made our device affordable, easy-to-use, and so simple that anyone can operate it. In turn, we hope to give you better a culinary experience, healthier body, and even a little bit of fun.
Have you ever heard people say they started their business on a cocktail napkin?
It is actually true for us! Ours started on a fishing boat, and the planning began on a napkin at port. Garlic Shaker® began during the greatest fishing trip of our lives that we fondly refer to as the “catching trip” because we caught so many fish.
We believe the Garlic Shaker® is a great idea, that became a great product, and from those humble beginnings, we hope to be a great company that solves the problem of peeling garlic for everyone!PLEDGE AND SHARE
Every pledge amount brings us one step closer to ending the hassle of peeling garlic for everyone. Help us make the Garlic Shaker® and end the tyranny of hand peeling garlic skin once and for all. Click the ‘Back This Project’ button at the top of the page. Help us spread the word by sharing this page with your friends and family on social media or through email. You can pledge at higher levels to pick your colors and receive additional premiere rewards.
We have already designed our mold and tooling. It is ready to be built by the the plant for use. The plant will build the mold from our schematics which should take about 60 days to complete. The mold/tool designer who created the mold for the Garlic Shaker® has 30 years of tool design experience. Our design team also has 50 years of combined experience in manufacturing. We are confident the process will go smoothly. We will be utilizing their expertise throughout the process of manufacturing the Garlic Shaker®.
Once the mold is complete there will be some brief set-up time and procurement of raw materials. Garlic Shaker® has partnered with a major manufacturing facility with three decades of experience. They will manufacture our product. We will rely heavily upon their assistance with quality control, shipping, and logistics. The fulfillment house we intend to use is on the West Coast of the United States. They are a major fulfillment center that has been in business for a decade. We want to get your Garlic Shaker® to you as fast as possible.
We intend to execute the following timeline to achieve that goal:
- July/August: Enjoy connecting with people in the Kickstarter community that love garlic, cooking, and kitchen gadgets!
- September: Finalize any engineering and prototype adjustments and place the tooling order. Complete manufacturing agreements.
- October: Tooling build-out and procurement of raw materials and components.
- November: Part qualification and pre-production builds, pilot production, quality assurance and product validation.
- December: Begin manufacturing for the injection molded and blow-molded parts.
- January/February: Finalize the assembly and shipment process. Complete fulfillment agreements.
After spending the past three years patenting, trademarking, copyrighting, researching, designing, prototyping, testing and iterating the Garlic Shaker® it is now ready for the food loving public to enjoy. Our factory is ready to start production, but we must first complete the tooling and fund our first order. We felt that taking the product straight to the people would be the best way to launch the product in the most authentic way.
We hope you enjoy being a part of the process of kickstarting this company and launching the Garlic Shaker®. You can tell your friends and family, or anyone you meet for the rest of your life that you were a part of making the Garlic Shaker® a reality. You are a critical part of the Garlic Shaker® community and should be proud of your support for the entrepreneurial spirit you pledged today. We are so grateful and excited to have you on our team. Welcome!
Risks and challenges
Garlic Shaker® has a team with extensive manufacturing and business experience. We have worked extremely hard to ready the Garlic Shaker® for Kickstarter. We have also developed a full-scale manufacturing and fulfillment process. We will be working closely with manufacturers who have decades of experience delivering excellent products in tremendous quantities all over the world. Despite our expertise and careful planning, there are risks involved in the project. We've identified and outlined the following key risks to our project below:
1. RISK DUE TO INJECTION MOLD:
Injection molding is a complex process that can have unforeseen difficulties. We're fortunate to have a team of highly experienced injection molding professionals working with us, but in the event that there are problems with the injection mold, tooling, or manufacturing process our project could be set back for an unknown amount of time and delivery of our rewards could be delayed.
2. RISK OF EXCESSIVE DEMAND:
If we receive support in excess of our anticipated demand, there could be delays in backers receiving their products simply because of the time, materials, and shipping required for larger orders. If demand is truly excessive, we could be forced to work with more than one manufacturing facility, which has unforeseeable time delays and costs.
3. RISK DUE TO DESIGN AND MATERIALS:
Our team has experience designing and building injection molded products. However, there are always unknowable risks in manufacturing. It is possible there are risks due to design characteristics or materials. Design errors or flaws would have to be corrected and materials issues either to due scarcity or other unknown problems could delay delivery.
4. RISK DUE TO SUPPLIERS:
While we have suppliers with long histories in their industry, our relationships with them are new and developing. It is possible that our project could be delayed due to problems with a supplier.
5. RISK DUE TO MANUFACTURING AND TOOLING:
Creating the tooling to manufacture a product is expensive and requires expert knowledge to get it right. There is typically a 60 day lead times to create the mold and delays could occur. To minimize any possible delays we're working with highly experienced tooling manufacturers.
6. RISK DUE TO PRODUCT MODIFICATIONS:
There may be some minor design adjustments to improve the final product. Pre-production prototypes are made to test and refine the product design and performance. It affords us the ability to incorporate the best design ideas and those suggested by our experienced manufacturing partners. These possible minor changes will always intend to benefit the consumer and improve the performance and user experience of the Garlic Shaker®. We will let you know when and why they are made if this should occur.
7. RISK DUE TO FULFILLMENT:
Mistakes can happen and the unforeseen can occur: a supplier misses a deadline, a machine breaks down, or a shipment gets lost. These are possibilities that cannot always be planned for when making a new product. It could cause delays in fulfilling orders. To minimize possible manufacturing setbacks we seek backup suppliers for each major component of the supply chain. There will no doubt be issues that arise, but we will address and inform to the best of our ability each one as they occur. We will always seek to maintain the highest level of transparency with you even when the inevitable set-backs and problems occur.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF PEELING GARLIC FOR EVERYONE!
©Garlic Shaker® is patent pending for utility, design, and in foreign countries. Garlic Shaker® is a registered trademark of Garlic Shaker, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Dishwasher safe. BPA Free. Vampire Unfriendly. Please Recycle.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (48 days)