New Art, Dice Tower West, and Pledge Manager Updates
It's been two and a half weeks since our Kickstarter ended but boy have we been busy! We want to thank each and every one of our backers for being so patient as we finalize details and prepare to open the pledge manager. Here are some of the things we've been up to behind the scenes!
We've been working hard with our manufacturer, Panda Games, to finalize all art as well as game components. We're just about finished and wanted to share some of the updates with you all.
First up is our new Cost Guide.
- Added full-color, bold backgrounds to the upgrades, garbage, action cards, and markets. This should help new players navigate the game more fluidly and intuitively.
- Rearranged the order in which Mystery Mart ingredients are listed as well as added our newest and most anticipated ingredient: WINE!
- Revised "Action Cards" box to reflect rules clarification (pausing the timer and being able to use certain action cards during Cook and Counter).
Next, we made some minor tweaks to the market board.
- Swapped Chop Shop and Vegetable Land markets so that the $100 and $200 markets could be grouped together.
- Enlarged all market prices by 200% for easier viewing, especially across the board.
- Redesigned The Island so that there's only 1 place to put your chef.
- Added color-coded prices for the upgrades so that players are reminded of where they can buy upgrades as well as how much they cost.
- Created outlines for the discard tray for easier organization/setup.
- Redesigned the movement wheel because the red arrow was starting to scratch the location dial after continued use.
- Replaced it with 2 overlapping circular dials with a red border at the top to show which location you've chosen.
- Cut out a notch at the bottom to make it easier to turn the wheel with your thumb.
All in all, we are very happy with how the art updates turned out and are sure that you'll find them to be helpful changes as well.
What happens in Vegas...
...gets reported in Kickstarter updates! For the past 4 days, we've been here in Las Vegas at Dice Tower West and wow, have we had a blast! From playing with fellow gamers from all over the country, to meeting (and thanking) some of our amazing backers in person, Dice Tower West has definitely reminded us of why we got into game designing in the first place.
For everyone that stopped to play with us, thank you!! We can't wait to get Rival Restaurants into your hands! Speaking of which...
We are still on schedule to send out the BackerKit (pledge manager) surveys within the next 2 weeks (hopefully sooner)! Through the pledge manager, you'll be able to upgrade from the Retail to Deluxe Edition, add the Bento Box wooden organizer, as well as purchase additional copies of Rival Restaurants. We thank you for your continued patience and we are really looking forward to opening the pledge manager soon, so please stay tuned for more details!
Team Gap Closer Games