Starship Infernum is a pick-up & play, sci-fi survival-horror, tabletop role-playing game for 3 or more people.
The idea for Starship Infernum began as a one-sheet expansion to our previous pick-up & play game, Purgatory House. But as we started working on it, we realized that it was a complete stand-alone game, and we had to give it the space to soar.
We are now proud to present our brand new, survival-horror RPG with great art, cool new mechanics, alien monsters, psychological dangers, lots of explosions, and even more unrelenting horror:
- 108 pg. 6x9 Hardback Book! (offset printed in the USA)
- Easy to Learn "Blackjack" Mechanics!
- Infinitely Replayable! The Ship is different every time!
- Pen & Ink Illustrations from Master Artists!
KS Exclusive Extras!
- Actual Shipping costs charged AFTER the Kickstarter!
All Backers get immediate access to our Beta Playtest Rules in Update #1!
Character creation is fast and easy, or you can jump right in with one of the many included pre-generated crew mates.
- No dice to play, just two decks of regular playing cards (with Jokers!)
- Definite endgame! A single adventure plays in 2-4 hours.
- Death is not the end of the action! Expired crew mates are still part of the story and will impact the outcome of the adventure.
- There are no complicated rules to memorize! If you can play Blackjack, you can play Starship Infernum!
- No Prep! Crises are determined at the start of play. The ship layout and the obstacles encountered are generated by a deck of cards. The Dealer simply interprets how to implement them.
- The book is filled with examples, gameplay options, and descriptions for each room and obstacle!
- All challenges are resolved with a hand of Blackjack. A player only takes damage if they bust!
- Failure creates "Rising Tension" which makes the next test harder!
Players can exhaust relevant traits to adjust their total score or use found equipment for a one-time bonus!
- Jokers summon Swarms - mass challenges against the entire crew!
- Duty Abilities provide each character with a unique bonus (or rules twist) in certain situations!
- Crisis Swarms, Spacesuits, EVA, and new Psychological Challenges!
We firmly believe that games need art. Good art helps to establish a mood, solidifies the theme, and jump-starts the imagination. We have teamed up with three master pen & ink illustrators to ensure that this book will have great art!
We have several stretch goals lined up including additional scenarios, alien write-ups, and more! These will be announced once we hit our initial funding goal.
We will be using a pledge manager to finalize rewards/add-ons and will calculate and charge ACTUAL shipping after the Kickstarter is complete.
- PDF copies will be fulfilled through Drivethrurpg.com. Physical rewards will be shipped via USPS from Ohio.
- If you get just the book (or the book + mission control pack) shipping in the US will be approximately $4 for Media Mail.
- Shipping for all other US rewards will be via Priority Mail and will cost between $7 and $15 depending on destination.
International Shipping is expensive! The only way for us to bring it down is to do Print on Demand versions of the book in Europe and that type of printing does not meet our standards for quality. If you want the game, we will ship it anywhere, but we suggest you contact us first to get an estimate of how much extra that will cost.
Estimated International Shipping Costs
- Canada: $16
- Mexico: $22
- Europe/Asia: $24
- Africa/Australia: $26
To show our appreciation for Hobby Game Stores nationwide, we are offering a retailer pledge level for the first time. This allows you to pre-order 8 or more wholesale copies of Starship Infernum for resale in your own comic or game store. You must have a Brick & Mortar store to do this, and we will contact you to confirm your details after the kickstarter is complete.
These retailer copies will receive all of the unlocked kickstarter stretch goals, will be signed by the designer, and will have complimentary ribbon bookmarks sewn into the spine. You will also receive one (1) of the exclusive embroidered patches for yourself.
You may mix in Purgatory House books (but these will not have ribbon bookmarks). Mission Control Packs and the Custom Coins may be added on but are not available for a retailer discount.
Risks and challenges
We have successfully completed FIVE previous Kickstarter projects (two books and three games) and this game has been through rigorous play-testing. All that is left now is the room & obstacle descriptions, the art, layout (we already have the templates from Purgatory House), and printing.
This will be our first time using a pledge manager, and we are teaming up with two reputable outside companies to create the extras. We are using the same printer that we used for Purgatory House, and we know what they expect and when they need it.
Our biggest risks are simple delays. We have given ourselves 6 months to get this game out the door and in your hands, but that depends on art being turned in on time, printing going smoothly, partner companies meeting the deadlines, and no actual asteroid strikes or giant alien attacks in Ohio.
No matter what, we will be upfront with communicating and setting realistic expectations. Ultimately we want to deliver a quality product that you will enjoy playing, even if that takes longer than we have planned for.
No copies of this game will be made available for public consumption before we have shipped it out to our backers, guaranteed!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)