About this project
Short on Time? This quick-fire list gives you the low-down about my campaigns features in brief:
- The Digital Coin Forge (DCF) is an extensive set of layered digital files for creating tens of thousands of different designs for 2D RPG coins and ammo munitions. Core Digital Pledges = $25/$45/$75 AUD. $25 = Core DCF, $45 = Master DCF.$75 = Exclusive DCF with Master DCF + Exclusive Coins + Custom Design Options. 3 types of Custom Design to choose from with number of custom coins to request specifics based on first-in first-served. Exclusive DCF options limited to first 30 backers @ $75 levels.Core Printed Pledges = Custom Boxes from $100 (280pc) to $450 (1800pcs) + shipping. Add $25 for all "99 Digital Showcase Coins" made by me in campaign. Coins professionally printed in 60pt chipboard covered with heavy matt finish paper. Stretch Goals unlocked approx every $100 AUD. Files delivered as layered XCF's for GIMP 2.8 (A Free Photoshop-type Program) or Individual PNGs to upload into Photoshop. Add-Ons to expand Selection Available. Have me design you a coin(s) - just add $5 per Custom Coin design required. Bullets/Shells/Ammo and other Munition Options added via the 'SeeleyOne' Crate Option (named after backer) $180 AUD (900pcs). Backers can mix coin and ammo designs to make up token levels. FULL CAMPAIGN NOTES below.
Standard Crate Runic Box coming soon.
New Ammo Boxes Added - Army Green Locker Box Design in Progress.
*Many thanks to August Hahn for inspiring the Skinny Bar concept.
CAMPAIGN UPDATES: (Oldest to newest)
(1) Thank you very much for your support and generosity, the DCF is now 100%+ Funded and the Molten Steel has begun to POUR into the 35 Stretch Goals! : The SG Graphic has been relocated below and will be updated to show SG progress every 48 Hours. Showcase Coins will be situated just underneath and caches uploaded every Monday(except the 26th Dec) and Friday (16th/23rd/30th) - with the collection updated as bi-weekly updates are posted.
(2) New Custom Coin Design Add-On: After some consideration I have decided to open up a $5 per custom coin design option to backers. Just work out how many coins you want me to make you, times it by five and add that much to your pledge. If you pledge for the Exclusive Custom Coin DCF then you can get an unlimited amount of extra custom coin designs for $5 each on top of the free coins your pledge offers. Non-exclusive pledges can get up to 20 extra custom coins designed for $5 each.
(3) I have now unlocked the Custom Printed Boxed Set options from $100 to $450 AUD. Please See Rewards and "Add-Ons" (below) for more details. Some backers have reported difficulty adding extra funds to their pledge: to remedy this I have created a number of new pledges that include the 99 Digital Showcase Coins as well as Digital Pledges specifically for the Exclusive Tier that may wish to upgrade to get a printed set with their Custom Coins. Custom Coins can be included as part of or entirely make up printed sets. This does create an awful lot of pledge levels - but hopefully they are straight-forward and allow you to get what you want if you are experiencing difficulty just adding extra funds to your pledge. If you are Not experiencing difficulty increasing your pledge manually you can add extra printed sets of coins/ammo tokens or custom coin-adds on to your pledge manually by adding the appropriate funding. Please see the changed 'PRINTED COINS' section for cost details and shipping.
(4) The former Max Stretch Goal at 4k has become obsolete: I have since replaced it with an offer of 50 Extra Showcase Coin Designs to be added to all kits. [Add-Ons have been unlocked - please see 'PRINTED COINS' section for details.]
(5) Exclusive Pledge Counter:
- Illuminati Pledges Taken: 6 Left: 4
- King's Ransom Pledges Taken: 4 Left: 6
- Demon Reliquary Pledges Taken: 0 Left: 10
Full Campaign Notes:
Welcome to my fifth Kickstarter :) My name is Kris, I love Kickstarter and I love designing useful tools/art to help aid in RPGs. I have previously run four successful campaigns (100% completed - campaign details in Risks section) and this time I am bringing you Everything you need to easily put together tens of thousands of different types of your own custom design RPG coins at home with this massive Digital Coin Forge.
As a gamer and a problem solver, my focus on innovation is to deliver ways of doing things that require minimal work that anyone can learn to use within minutes. With this specially designed kit you can rapidly put THOUSANDS of coin styles together in dozens of materials/metal textures and print as many as you need. And most importantly - customize them to include YOUR names, locations, persons, dates and denominations and details that fit any of your RPG worlds. All you need is Photoshop/GIMP or another artistic program that uses layers and my kit supplies the rest. My guide will teach you in minutes how to easily assemble thousands of designs custom made for any game you're running so you can print out as many custom-made coins as you need.
While there are some companies that print RPG currencies and metal coins - None of them offer you the ability to CUSTOMIZE the coins to suit your world like the Digital Coin Forge does. With my digital design kit, in just a few minutes you can craft sets of coins to print in specific colours/textures/styles/shapes/sizes/fonts and put the names and images of your Kings, your Fantasy Lands/Worlds, your Year Dates, your Denominations or even your or custom Faces on them where you want them when you want them. Isn't it time people knew you were King?
Whether you want ancient tarnished copper bits, dwarvish hexen coins, gleaming pirate doubloons, futuristic space credits, bars of gold, currencies in bone, wood, jade, coins of all kinds in more than a dozen metals including classics such as platinum, electrum, gold, silver, bronze and copper and up to 50+ different base textures, embedded with precious gems or even ring-shaped currencies - the Digital Coin Forge will give you all the designs and instructions you need to print a dragons ransom at home on your printer.
The Digital Coin Forge (DCF) is a massive set of digital layers in a set of 3 single files called 'factories'. The primary factory controls the basic bones and appearance of the coin (i.e. the coins shape and overall base design): the secondary factory controls textures (i.e. gilding, material, colour, appearance): and the third factory allows you to add various denominations to your finalized coin. Through the DCF you can control a huge assortment of textures, borders, shaped templates, icons, symbols, shapes and activate each layer with the click of a button. Most of the work is done for you leaving it to you to choose from the Forge the details you want to forge the perfect coin.
The DCF offers numerous kinds of base shapes from Hex, Round, Square, Triangle, Rectangle in more than a dozen metals and a huge variety of other coin materials to fit any RPG style including wood, bone, gem, jade, element, blood, rust, verdigris, skin, ceramic, clay, stone and a vast array of textures to put together stunning new variations. The DCF can also be used to craft tokens, poker chips, markers, chits, gems and game pieces.
Through my Digital Forge Guide (The Numinomicon) I will show you techniques to emboss, gild, texture, age, tone, shadow, brighten your coins and add neat effects to give added realism - and through Stretch Goals add a mix of potentially more than 100 new templates, icons, textures and designs so you can make virtually hundreds of thousands of different coins with a forge equipped well enough to forge any kind of coin.
Because the size of the coin templates are approximately 1.25" In XCF/GIMP format it's an extremely compact toolkit and approximately 30mb.
$25 AUD gets you a massive DIGITAL COIN FORGE with:
- All Unlocked Stretch Goals.
- 75 assorted decoration templates to easily design beautiful and ornate Round, Square, Triangle, Hex, Rectangle-shaped coins.
- 12 borders with runic/glyphic inscription templates in various shapes.
- 24 material texture types including bone, jade, copper, silver, gold, electrum, platinum, steel, rusted, wooden and more.
- 24 image stamps/icons to decorate/theme your coins.
- Any 1 Free Font: Add that mysterious edge to your coins by choosing and using one of my personally designed alien/ancient race fonts to decorate them.
- 3 Free Custom Text Rings with your choice of Wording to personalize your coins with.
- A Detailed PDF Instruction Guide on using your Digital Coin Forge.
- Option to purchase Add-ons
- Access to the Printed Treasure Hoard Add-on if unlocked.
$45 AUD gets you the Master Digital Coin Forge with loads of extras.
- All Unlocked Stretch Goals.
- 125 assorted decoration templates to easily design beautiful and ornate Round, Square, Hex, Rectangle, Triangle, Oval, Crescent, Diamond, Ring & Gemstone.
- 24 borders with runic/glyphic inscription templates for various shapes.
- 50 material texture types including bone, jade, copper, silver, gold, electrum, platinum, steel, rusted, wooden and more.
- 50 image stamps/icons to decorate/theme your coins.
- 24 Assorted Round / Square / Hex Plain-Text Borders with Latin and English phrases such as 'Order of the Realm', 'Peace & Plenty' - 'In the Reign of His Majesty the King' - 'Novus Ordo Seclorum' - 'Dei Gratia' etc.
- Any 2 Free Fonts: Add that mysterious edge to your coins by using three of my personally designed alien/ancient race fonts to decorate them.
- A Detailed PDF Instruction Guide on using your Digital Coin Forge.
- Access to Alternate Design Templates for you to print your own Box to hold your coins.
- Your name as a backer on the Box Template.
- Option to purchase Add-ons
- Access to the Printed Treasure Hoard Add-on: includes plastic pirate doubloons, 3d crystals, gems and boxed or printed set(s) of coins.
- 5 Free Custom Text Rings with your choice of Wording.
$75 AUD buys one of the EXCLUSIVE CUSTOM Digital Coin Forges:
(1) The Illumined Custom Digital Forge is for those of you seeking a personal touch to your coins. You'll get all of the rewards in the $45 Master Digital Coin Forge + Free Customization with your choice of coin design with custom dates, denominations, text and icons for 9 different coins available to the first 10 backers at this level + a kickstarter exclusive 'Illuminati' set of digital coin designs and templates in your forge.
(2) The King's Ransom Custom Digital Forge is for those of you seeking a personal touch to your coins. Featuring all of the rewards in the $45 Master Digital Coin Forge + Free Customization with your choice of coin design with custom dates, denominations, text and icons for 6 different coins for the second 10 backers at this level + a kickstarter exclusive 'Arthurian' set of digital coin designs and templates in your forge.
(3) The Demon Reliquary Custom Digital Forge is for those of you seeking a personal touch to your coins. Featuring all of the rewards in the $45 Master Digital Coin Forge + Free Customization with your choice of coin design with custom dates, denominations, text and icons for 3 different coins for the third 10 backers at this level + a kickstarter exclusive 'Demonic' set of digital coin designs and templates in your forge.
- All Exclusive Pledges include All 3 Fonts
- Seeking a Printed Set as well? Just add the Boxed Treasure Hoard cost and shipping to your pledge manually or easily upgrade your pledge by choosing one of the printed boxed sets with the $75 Exclusive Pledge already added on.
[Please note: Because of the amount of time required to custom design and personalize coin rewards - these rewards must be limited in size and scope to ensure timely delivery.]
So you want to get a printed set of these coins? You can. Due to the increased interest in the campaign I have unlocked Physical Boxed Printed Sets with Custom Designs from the Showcase Collection on set Quantities of Cardboard Coins.
Shipping for Hoard A: $20 AUD to USA / $35 AUD Worldwide.
Shipping for Hoard B: $25 AUD to USA / $45 AUD Worldwide.
Shipping for Hoard C: $25 AUD to USA / $55 AUD Worldwide.
Shipping for Hoard D: $35 AUD to USA / $55 AUD Worldwide.
THE AMMO BOX
The Ammo Box will be $180 AUD + shipping and includes a Free Custom Text Option so that you can get 12 free text circles per box with the calibre, branding, and any other custom markings added to your chosen casings so they suit the games you want them for. The Ammo Box will also differ from the Treasure Hoard by using a specially printed 'bullet' shaped token for full-length smaller rounds and concentrate on making use of specific munition-appropriate tokens. The Box Template is currently underway. You can make up your Ammo Box from the pictured Showcase Munitions below.
The Ammo Box comes with:
- [A] 200 x 0.25x0.75" "bullet" shaped printed rounds. (Choose any of the 2 dozen available types in Box A2 (coming soon) up to 200)
- [B] 80 x 1x2" rectangles shaped printed tokens that can be made up of various Shotgun Shells inc H.E / Rifle Rounds / Ammo Clips for Handguns / Rockets / Tank Shells / TNT Sticks / Miniature Fully-Loaded Ammo Crates / Plastic Explosives
- [C] 150 x 1" round printed tokens that can be made up of Any of the A1 Box Bullet Casings (see picture above), or Buckshot, Cannon Balls, Grenades, Bullet Holes.
- [D] 150 x 0.75" round printed tokens that can also be made up any of the items listed in [C]
- [E] 60 x 1.25" round printed tokens that can also be made up any of the items listed in [C]
- [F] 280 x 0.5" round printed tokens that can also be made up any of the items listed in [C]
- [G] Four x 4x8" Sample Bullet dry/wet erase bandolier / belt / cyclinder templates printed on 0.65" chipboard covered with a matt finish.
The A1 Box represents end-on casings/shells in 18 different styles that you can choose. You can get these in 1.25" / 1" / 0.75" / 0.5" sizes. You can get as many different types as you want to fill up your token quantity. So if you have 40 round 1" tokens in your Ammo Box you might get 12 x D3, 12 x A3 and 16 x E3 making a total of 40. If you want more you can add extra tokens in set quantities and sizes to your pledge using the ADD-ONS.
The large bullet graphic over the SeeleyOne Munitions sticker shows a steel bullet with a just visible black background. The new bullet tokens can be filled entirely with a bullet leaving no or little background pending on the bullet you choose - some handgun bullets fill the token neatly but slimmer bullets and rifle rounds will have more background. All bullets (G-N) are printed on the same size token. Just as with Box A1 you can get as many of the different types as you want to fill up your token allowance. Shotgun shells are printed on the 1x2" Rectangles and will have a fair amount of black background.
Box A3 offers Cannon Balls / Buckshot for Pirate, Medieval, Naval, Frontier, Western type games and these can be printed on any of the available round sizes. Q-1 is a 2x2" Square Rifle Clip with 5 rounds. Q-2 is a 1x2" Rectangle Rifle Clip with 10 Rounds. You can get these Q clips with any of the Rifle Round designs you like. The R sections offers 1x2" Rectangle Tokens featuring Old Steel Magazine with Black Background. A newer Steel Magazine with White Background. A Handgun Bullet Clip: You can get these clips with any of the Bullet Round designs you like. An Enclosed Scratched Metal Clip with Visible Vertical Round Sighting An Enclosed Metal Clip with Curved Visible Round Sighting An Open neatly Arranged Ammo Box, Open Messy Ammo Box Closed Ammo Box. Open Ammo Boxes, X-Ray magazines can be filled with any Ammo Type.
Finally - Box A4 has some extra tokens featuring Two Types of Grenade that can be chosen for any round token. Two Types of Rocket / Missile and A Single and Quad-Pack of Torpedoes (Rockets can also be made Quad). There is a 2x2" Square pack of Dynamite and a 1x2" Single Stick Dynamite Token. The V - are actually 4x8" printed templates that I have put together. V1 represents a 6-cyclinder handgun onto which can be placed 1"/ 0.75" handgun bullets from Box A1. It also has a dry/wet erase set of general text fields and boxes that you can use to mark down details for the gun. Possibly ideal for Western Games. V2 and V3 are to be used as generic Bullet Belts / Bandoliers over which 1" and 0.75" tokens might be placed to indicate shots left in a weapon. The V Templates come in a set of FOUR, with four V1 on one side, and 2 x V2 and 2 x V3 on the other.
All of these Boxes contain tokens that are labelled - you just tell me what designs you want in your token quantity. I.e. you might want some missiles, some rockets, some torpedos and some bullets. At the current moment the Ammo Box gives you 200 'bullet' tokens so you could get 50 of each, as an example. I will create a final Ammo Box and post it on the 30th with the reverse side of the tokens you can choose if required, it could be plain red, yellow, black or white and be dry/wet erasable so you can change the denomination at will. Or it might have fields or circles - let me know what you guys need/want. But I will try to come up with a variety of other designs to suit. A late addition to the Ammo Box will be Arrows/Bolts in various design types including explosive, fire and possibly a quiver in the 1x2" range.
Please note you can also add $5 to your pledge per extra custom bullet you wish me to design just as you can with the coins.
I will also make add-ons in the above quantities available to backers to add to your box OR to add to your Treasure Hoard.
Besides the ton of existing templates I want to make it possible to further expand your Forge by unlocking extra coin/texture templates and there are TWO ways to do this:
Way the First : Stretch Goals. Your donated coins will be melted down into hot slurry and used for making new custom templates and textures! - the more pledges we get the bigger everyone's kit. Help pour the metal into the new coin molds by pledging and unlock a huge variety of extra free different types of Coin & Texture template for your kit with up to TEN (10) Templates/Textures added per Stretch Goal. All of which can be used in the Digital Coin Forge to add new flourishes and details and make extra cool coins
Way the Second : Showcase Coins. During the campaign I will be making and displaying '99 Showcase Coins' : 99 random coin designs that I will make during the campaign to illustrate the depth and variety of coins that can be made with the Digital Coin Forge. These coins will be compiled into bi-weekly posts and include any new Stretch Goal textures/designs that are unlocked to show off the features they add to designs. For just a little extra on your pledge (+$25 AUD) you can get all of my digital designs for the Showcase Coins as one gigantic add-on. I have added numbers & names to the showcase coins for ease of reference. If we reach 4k I will add a further 50 Showcase Coin Designs to the existing 99.
Stretch Goals include dozens of exciting new templates and textures in a huge variety of themes plus Ingot Templates so you can create bars of steel, iron, bronze, copper, silver, gold and more using dozens of pressed Ingot designs and Jewelled Coin Templates to add the wealthy lustre of encrusted gems to your coins using dozens of jewelled templates that will be added as a bonus to all digital kits. Even if the extra cool Ingots are not unlocked there is a standard set of printed bars and coins available known as 'Basic Press' to make up your Hoard with.
Showcase Coin Files are supplied as merged PNG's with no denomination.
[Edit: Dec 15th / Day 6] Now that I have enough support from backers I can offer to turn the digital coins made into professionally printed cardboard coins in assorted sizes and shapes packaged in a cool looking strongbox for BOTH TREASURE & AMMO/MUNITIONS. I have created a variety of new pledges to choose a custom treasure, ammo (or both) hoard to give the best broadest possible range of options. You can now also expand any given set with add-on treasures per box such as miniature Crystal Clusters, Glass Gems and Faceted Jewels - extra coins -extra bullets - and even make up a custom mixed set made of Ammo and Treasure.
- Mix and Match Coins to fill up the require token quantity with either Showcase Coins, Custom Designs, or Munition Designs.
- Choose the Printed Box Design you Want.
- Create your own perfect treasure hoard with hundreds of coins suited to a variety of your favourite games. AND you can do the same with the AMMO BOX.
- There is also a massive 1200+ pc Random Hoard set available.
- Check out these add-on Extras. Just add the required amount to your pledge + $10 extra for shipping.
If I can offer some extra reasons to back me:
- Proven 100% Delivery to Promise from 4 previous Kickstarters.
- Excellent Communication/Follow-Through with my Backers - during and after the campaign.
- Rapid, focused delivery of rewards on or well before time.
- Learn to use GIMP in minutes to make your own currencies with my step-by-step instructions and screenshots for using your Digital Coin Forge.
- Save a small fortune by doing it yourself and get the coins YOU not only want but need.
- Thousands of combinations to design custom coins with from the base set alone for just $25 AUD.
- The option to get 99 random and beautiful digital coin designs for $30 by itself or as a $25 Add-on to another pledge.
- The potential to unlock the option for a huge strongbox full of assorted random coins, gems, ingots and more with up to 1200 pcs.
- Print them as you need them with no need to worry about replacing expensive lost or damaged coins or being stuck with coins that don't fit your campaign.
- Print a handful or a hoardful.
- Easily create new coin variants for any RPG system.
- Save your favourite designs and change denominations, names, rulers, dates, pics and other details to suit.
- Easily modify the templates to get the exact coin sizes you want.
- Custom print Tokens, Poker Chips, Chits, Game Pieces and more using the DCF.
- Tailor-make a set for each world you play in, give a set as a special present for friends birthdays, christmas, as a surprise gift for your fellow players or to thank your hallowed DM!
- I offer a new way to approach the minting and making of RPG coins that lets you take control.
- If this funds - I will be able to turn my attention to making printable 3d coins.
- Share your coins at the Gametilewarehouse on Facebook
- AMMO TOKENS!
Back the Digital Forge Coin campaign and get everything you need to start minting and printing your own coins on your own terms, today. :)
Thank you for your support!
Risks and challenges
There are, as with any project, minor risks that are a staple of anyone attempting to create a product in third-party hands and deliver it on time - however, I create similar products like this (tiles/tokens) on a regular basis and have years of experience in the manufacturing and shipping sides of my small business.
A quick check into my previous Kickstarter history will indicate rapid delivery and full backer satisfaction with my products as well as full communication the entire campaign through.
If there are any difficulties backers will immediately be notified and all possible steps taken to remedy them - but it is my experience that my production, manufacture and shipping is a stream-lined operation and backers can expect their rewards on time if not before time. Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns about the product or my campaign - I am always here to offer rapid response. Thank you,
***Previous Project Status***
Meanders: Themed Boards with Connecting Paths for RPG
Successfully funded at 193%
Funded 9th November 2016
***Reward Fulfillment 97% Completed: All Digital Art Supplied / Custom Designs In Progress / Printed Rewards Manufactured and Sent.***
Soloman Temple Squares
Successfully funded 144 %
Funded September 8 2016
*** Reward Fulfillment 100% Completed ***
Urban RPG City Rooftops
Successfully funded @ 138%
Funded Jul 7 2016
*** Reward Fulfilment 100% Completed ***
Day/Night Reversible Deluxe City Rooftop Tile Set for RPG
Successfully funded @ 445%
Funded Feb 12 2016
*** Reward Fulfilment 100% Completed ***
Support this project
- (25 days)