Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf podcast: Season 3
300+ episodes made for geeks like you! With your help We’d like to provide greater content and expand what we already do.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Mon, April 1 2019 8:55 PM UTC +00:00.
Welcome to Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf! I'm so glad you ventured onto our Kickstarter campaign.
Due to the massive support we've gotten in the 1st 24 hours: 189% Funded! It has been requested that I place the newly added stretch goals up here:
$500: We Funded! (Day 1 Funded!) - Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf gets all podcast and web hosting covered for 2019
$1000: Better Mobile Equipment (Un-Locked!) - Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf gets his laptop upgraded so he can bring you even more episodes on days Lady Leaf is down and out and he can't use the office. (And they won't sound like they did when he began podcasting). And when he's able to make it to Cons he'll be able to do on-site recording.
$1500: Yoga Instruction (Un-Locked!) Fan Created Stretch Goal (Note: Fan may have taken the term 'stretch goal' literally)
- Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf learns Yoga and then gives you a backer exclusive Board gaming with Yoga episode. (If Successful this will continue to be a thing on his regular show)
$2000: We Get Video Equipment (Un-Locked!) - Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf gets video equipment so he can bring his passion to those who prefer video.
$2500 -Gamer Leaf Board gaming with Yoga Video (Locked) Lady Leaf says this will come across better in video medium
$2800 -Video Editing Software for 1 year (So I don't just hand the camera to the kids and say go to)
$3200 -Puppets/other video stuff so Kids can come on videos too!
$What else? I really want some fan choices!!!!
Are you new to gaming? I used to think this was one of the only games out there:
I was wrong! My wife showed me a few games here and there. But, Bloodrage was the game that showed me what hobby games are and really hooked me!
2 years ago I set out to make other families aware of the infinite possibilities out there as well. That's when Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf was born. It is a gaming podcast from our family's perspective. The Podcast includes:
- Story (we will tell you the story of our gameplay of the featured game) and then our reviews of the game.
- We also highlight Kickstarters that we find interesting or wish we could back.
- AAA (Adventures in Application Acquisition) in which we tell you about both ios and android applications (Some compared to their tabletop games and some that aren't games outside of the app)
- The story of our Role Playing as a family (We started off playing Too Many Bones). We also interview game designers, publishers, game store owners, other media content creators & everyday gamers. This is a family show!
We've come a long way from our 1st episodes! Catch some of our latest episodes HERE:
I could tell you about the podcast till I'm blue in the face. But, Let's see what others are saying:
Founder of one of my favorite podcast and also runs a board game publishing company both under the same umbrella of Tuesday Knight Games, Alan Gerding had this to say “It is obvious that Gamer Leaf has a sincere passion for gaming and provides an abundant amount of content with incredible consistency.”
Chris the Founder & Editor-in-Chief of Casual Game Insider as well as the Creator and CEO of Boardy.TV said "I love the kids' perspectives. They are probably the most blunt reviewers I know of, and their comments can be very humorous at times."
Richard Simpson of We're Not Wizards Tabletop and Board Games Podcast said: "Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf podcast is the second hardest working podcast in the world"
Josh from who brought us Frontier the Card Game and will be re-launching Monster Maina had this to say: "Getting Geeky With Gamer Leaf is one of my favorite podcasts. We love being featured on it as well as listening to it!"
JC with Wooden Shoe Games says "Getting Geeky With Gamer Leaf is my go-to podcast for getting through the day."
John Christopher said "It's more fun than poking myself with a cattle prod"
But, we'd like to make it even better! That's where you come in!
That's a great question. I'm glad you asked.
We’d like to continue providing you with great content so the lights must stay on!
Plus, we'd love to be able to expand on what we already do by upgrading our equipment and adding some new segments to bring you even better shows.
By upgrading our current equipment, we will be able to bring you a more crisper cut podcast that will allow for you to Get Geeky, Stay Geeky and Bring others into the Geek fold as we boast. Plus we'd love to be able to review even more games for you and your family. So, you can know what we thought before you go out and spend your hard earned green.
So to boost those funds, we're running this modest campaign. Like stated in the AWESOME video (Top of the page) created by Glendon who brought us the game Zombs (Catch our interview with him down there.
and our review of his game:
This all boils down to: We want to make THE BEST podcast we can for YOU! But, I know that might not be enough for you, so how about this click on your favorite content based pledge reward on the side of this page. Remember, nothing will be charged to your card unless the campaign is successful. Plus nothing comes out until the end of the campaign. What do you have to loose? Nothing! Back now! Or, keep reading if you want to know a bit more about the AWESOME REWARDS you'll get!
What does your Geekiness get you?
- You'll get all the updates.
- For everyone who backs at this level we'll make and dedicate our Leaf Lover's Page on our website to YOU the BACKERS on our website
- Everyone of you will also get an individual shoutout on your own episode dedicated to you and your pledge! Thanks, we couldn't do this without you! (YES you read that right, everyone will have their own episode in which we SHOUT YOU OUT!)
- You'll get everything the NOVICE got!
- Plus, Everyone at this level will be granted access to ONE EPISODE PER MONTH of Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf with out the sponsor ads and Kickstarter Corner, before the general public! (We release at least 3 episodes per week, if not more. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.)
- We will shout out your company and/or product within a single podcast episode.
- Want it shouted out in more than one episode? No problem! Pledge for that amount and send me a message letting us know how many episodes you'd like us to do that for. Just send me a message letting us know how many episodes you'd like us to do that for. Note: We release at least 3 episodes per week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- You'll get everything the NOVICE got!
- Plus, Everyone at this level will be granted access to ONE EPISODE PER WEEK of Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf with out the sponsor ads and Kickstarter Corner, before the general public! (We release at least 3 episodes per week, if not more. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.)
- You'll get everything the NOVICE got!
- Plus, Everyone at this level will be granted access to EVERY EPISODE of Getting Geeky with Gamer Leaf with out the sponsor ads and Kickstarter Corner, before the general public! (We release at least 3 episodes per week, if not more. On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.)
- But, you'll also be able to come on one episode per quarter with up to 4 other fans. Don't worry I create a lot of episodes.
- Plus you'll be able to help us brainstorm on the new segments you'd like to hear on the show and other Geeky stuff in a Discord server Wizard Leaf will be creating for us .
You get to help us pick what games to play and review for your family via a Family Funday Friday episode of the show. Getting the insights of the Leaf's which would include some if not all of our opinions: Almost 40 year old parents, 16 year old Boy, 11 year old girl, 10 year old boy and 5 year old girl.
Wait, I thought you said in your video you wouldn't charge for reviews? We don't this is to get us to be able to play a game sooner than we would other wise, because there is a cost
- $25 if it be a game we already have on our shelf.
- $55 if it's not part of our collection and it costs less than $40 (Can be a board or video game) Some limitations may apply.
- Limited to 2 per month.
- We will shout out your company and/or product for every podcast episode for 1 month.
- Want it shouted out for more than 1 month of episodes? No problem! Pledge for that amount and send me a message letting us know how many months you'd like us to do that for. Note: We release at least 3 episodes per week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
- Plus, We will also create a small 5 minute commercial episode to air all by it's lonesome that we create with your collaboration that we will air 2 weeks before or after the ad campaign.
- A bit about the show stats:
Each episode typically gets between 500-1,550 listens during the 1st 30 days. Trending up from there. Plus on FB we're getting a 2,500-10,000+ reach per post
- A month of my podcasting services (worth almost $400) by backing us on Kickstarter we'll give these all to you ( Kickstarter Corner, Episode Sponsorship spots, Interview before Kickstarter Corner and a super Secret e-mail episode going out to my almost 1500 e-mail subscribers) for only $225.
- Plus we'll have you on the show before you launch your campaign and at the last of your campaign as well. The general population of publishers only comes on one episode per campaign at a rate of $35-$60.Not something offered to the general public.
- Can be used anytime within the calendar year
A years worth of Sponsorship spots. We release at least 3 episodes per week. 3 choices to choose from: 1 episode per week @$250, 2 episodes per week @$500 & 3 episodes per week at $600(Limited to 3 of each). If you choose to sponsor more than one episode per week just pledge the extra cost here and send me a message here on Kickstarter.
If you made it this far down the page, I salute you. Remember, nothing will be charged to your card unless the campaign is successful. Plus nothing comes out until the end of the campaign. What do you have to loose? Nothing! Back now!
Risks and challenges
A season of podcast content requires a substantial and sustained effort. Having completed two years of content already, I'm fully aware of the effort and time commitment required to interview and/or play games, edit, upload, and share content.
Over the course of a calendar year, an assortment of personal/life matters can come up. I endeavor to always stay ahead of schedule to mitigate this risk, but in the event something unexpected occurs, I'll endeavor to get back on track as quickly as possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter