Rediscover Hide-and-Seek. An addictive party game that will get you out of your seat. Perfect for youth groups AND adults!
A terrible mass murderer is on the loose. Law enforcement officers are hot on the tail of the one behind it all, and they have the testimony that will put the perpetrator behind bars for life! It’s all contingent on one Witness, who is willing to testify in court. The Murderer isn’t about to be convicted so easily, and so the Witness has chosen to enter the Witness Protection Program until it’s time to take the stand. Will justice prevail…or will this crime go unpunished?
What is Witness?
Witness Protection Program is a live action game that puts a new twist on an old classic. Players are divided into two teams (the Murderer's and Witness's), but they don't know who's on their team. The only character whose identity is known is the Witness, who hides at the beginning of the game. The rest of the players must try to stay alive while they look for the Witness (or help the Murderer get to the Witness first). Each player's character defines what abilities they can use to accomplish their goals. If the Murderer gets to the Witness before the other players, it's game over.
The rules are easy to learn, and the game lasts 10 minutes. It's a great party game that has an incredibly high replay value.
Well, unique as far as mass marketed games are concerned. Almost everyone has played Hide-and-Seek, and it's not uncommon to see different variations. But we have never seen a game on the market like it. Imagine playing your favorite Mafia-style game while actually acting it out. Or playing Murder in the Dark without the drawn out accusations.
Is This Game for Me?
Witness Protection Program is recommended for groups of 5-50 players (the deck has enough cards for 30 players, but can be combined with a second deck for large groups), ages 12 and up. The game is played in generally the same kinds of places you would play Hide-and-Seek. The larger the group, the bigger the space you're going to want. You can play this game with a small group inside the house, but the more you can expand your boundaries, the better the experience. We have playtested this game with people ages 8-65, and have proven that the game is loved by people of all ages. The people that enjoy the game most tend to be youth groups, college groups, and RPGamers (due to the wide variety of roles in the game).
We are not here to fund the creation of this game. We have been perfecting the game over the last 2 years. We're finally ready to release this to the public on a widespread scale. The funds we receive from this project will go directly toward the following:
- Finishing the artwork for the deck
- Graphic design on the cards (did you really think we were gonna stick with the current design?)
- Our initial print run of the game - on high quality, durable plastic cards
- Setting up our distribution channels and getting our game out into the public
All reward tiers automatically come with everything in the previous reward tiers. Here's what's new with each tier:
- $1: Thank you for donating! Once the project has funded, we'll send you a short list of character descriptions that we are considering adding to the game. We'll allow the survey results to determine which character is included.
- $15: You receive a copy of the game, free shipping. This is as cheap as we will ever sell this game. We want everyone to have it.
- $25: We'll send you a personalized, handwritten thank you on a postcard featuring artwork from the game.
- $35: TWO copies of the game! (the second copy isn't included in higher reward tiers).
- $50: In addition to designing games, we are musicians. As a special thanks, we'll record an original thank you song, personalized, and send you the mp3 file. Additionally, your copy of the game will be autographed by ourselves, the game's designers.
- $75: Who doesn't like swag? Because we love our new artwork so much, we're going to put it onto pins so that you can wear it wherever/whenever you want. Add a little flair to your life! The set comes with 10 1-inch collector pins, all for your enjoyment.
- $100: A limited edition deck of "rejects." These are the cards that we've played with that will not appear in this deck or any expansion released in the future. They were rejected for a number of reasons (requiring players to have cell phones, replaced by a similar character, etc.), but you may still want them. This is collector's edition, so it won't be printed on plastic unless demand is high enough. But don't be disappointed, because we've added another reward for this tier - a poster! This will feature art from the game (and who doesn't love the art?). The dimensions are 16"x20".
- $150: Much like the "rejects" deck, only we'll send you a copy of EVERY character we've made so far. All will have the same card backs and print materials (in our first edition art/design), so that you can play with every character.
- $200: A hoodie! A black zip up hoodie with the Witness logo on the back.
- $250: You shall live in infamy for your generosity!!! Send us your photo as soon as the project funds, and Nick Malara will magically turn you into a member of the Witness Protection Program forever. Please note that the likeness will match the style of artwork used in the rest of the game.
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
There are very few risks associated with this project, since the game design is completed. Once funding is ended, most of our artwork will be completed and we'll require very little time for proofing. The greatest risk is printing delays. We factored in extra time for unexpected delays, so there's a greater chance of receiving the rewards early.
Unless it's specifically marked on the reward, you can assume shipping is free all around the world! We don't want to punish you simply because you live across the border, and we're willing to take some risk with shipping costs.
We love your suggestions. If there's a specific reward you want, but it's not on the list, send me a direct message. We'd love to work with you to provide the items you want, but we don't want to clutter the reward tiers with items that most people won't be interested in.
We reached 100% so late that we don't have time to push for the overfund goals that we wanted to offer. Instead, we'll use the extra money to enhance the product in whatever ways make the most sense with the money we receive. We've talked about hiring a graphic designer to redesign the layout of the cards. We'd like to enhance the packaging, etc. Basically, all the money will be used directly toward making this game better.
seconds to go
- First created · 0 backed
- Has not connected Facebook
Pledge $1 or moreYou selected
Thank you for your support! You get a vote to help determine which final character is added to the deck.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $15 or moreYou selected
A copy of the game and a vote for the final character added to the deck.Estimated delivery:Add $10 USD to ship outside the US
Pledge $25 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS a postcard thank you.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $35 or moreYou selected
TWO COPIES of the game, as well as a postcard! (not included in subsequent reward tiers)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS a personalized mp3 thank you song written by us. And your copy of the game will be signed.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $75 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS a set of pins featuring characters from the game.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $100 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS a poster featuring artwork from the game PLUS a limited-edition deck of "reject" characters. ***Please read and make sure you understand the award description (on the left side of this page) before choosing this option.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or moreYou selected
2 backers Limited (18 left of 20)
All of the above PLUS a collection of ALL the characters we have created to date.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $200 or moreYou selected
All of the above PLUS an official WPP hoodieEstimated delivery:
Pledge $250 or moreYou selected
0 backers Limited (6 left of 6)
All of the above PLUS your image will be in the game forever as a Townsperson.Estimated delivery:
- (31 days)