GameNightGeek, llc is a humble small business out of central Ohio in the service of tabletop gamers of all kinds throughout the Midwest and beyond.
GNG exceeded the funding goal of our initial Kickstarter project for the Game Dais table top prototype in December, 2013 thanks to the interest and generosity of backers like YOU!
The HT3 will be significantly lighter and more portable than the Game Dais, but with many of the same specialized features.
The HT3 design has the following characteristics:
- 3ft. by 3ft. interior game surface area.
- Removeable 1/2" perimeter roll guard rails.
- Sturdy pull-out shelving under all 4 sides for books, minis, drinks, snacks, character sheets, cards etc. Hardware for this will be high end for strength and long life.
- Removeable speed cloth gaming surface layer.
- Removeable clear acrylic dry erase gaming surface layer.
- Solid hardwood construction with optional stain or paint finish.
- Protective felt or plastic nubs underneath to protect the surface on which it is placed.
- Optional legs and fittings (additional cost).
- Drawers will lock when pushed in for ease of storage and travel.
The HT3 is designed to be the kind of T-Top you can store easily under your bed, in your basement, behind a couch, or in your garage until you need to put it in your car or bring it with you on the train to take it to your friend's house and set it up on his/her kitchen table, folding card table, coffee table, or milk crate even, for an elevated tabletop gaming experience.
The HT3's design includes a much thinner and lighter wood base for the gaming surface than the Game Dais design. Its frame is designed to be sturdy and allow for cubby/drawers with a minimal amount of wood to promote light weight as well. I expect it to weigh no more than 50 lbs.
This Kickstarter funding goal reflects an estimated cost for all wood, hardware (including heavy duty locking drawer rails), adhesives, speed cloth, acrylic sheeting, wood treatments, underlayments, sand paper, stain, felt, etc. that will be necessary to complete the HT3 prototype in-full.
The estimated price point for a standard HT3 order for non-Kickstarter backers following the conclusion of this prototype project is expected to be $765.00, plus applicable sales tax and shipping/delivery. Construction of the prototype will inform the actual price point by way of revealing the actual cost of materials and hours of artisan labor required.
$550 HT3 Tote Straps
- The first $50 raised beyond the funding goal will go toward materials I will use to develop custom tote straps for the HT3 Prototype, one set of which will be included FREE with every HT3 order made by backers as part of their reward.
- All funds raised in this range will be divided as equally as possible among (1) any backers of the HT3 prototype who have their own currently running Kickstarter projects in need of funding within one month of this funding becoming accessible and (2) Kickstarter projects to which HT3 backers have contributed, especially tabletop gaming related projects. I should be able to find this info. in each backers' profile. If not, I'll request it in your surveys.
- Any excess funding raised within this range will be used by GameNightGeek's Brad to contribute to tabletop gaming related Kickstarter projects he deems worthy.
- Excess funds raised beyond $800 will be used responsibly to improve GameNightGeek's ability to provide high quality, hand crafted table tops, dice roll trays, and custom orders to tabletop gaming enthusiasts in the Midwest and beyond! Depending on the abundance of this excess, some potential uses could involve: (1) obtaining vendor space at one or more tabletop gaming conventions where we can display prototypes and take orders, (2) investing in marketing & advertising, (3) upgrading our website design, etc.
As we did in our first Kickstarter project that funded the Game Dais prototype, we want to encourage communications from HT3 prototype backers and other interested parties. Suggestions, critiques, and preferences are highly valuable to us, especially from our backers, and we hope to use as many as we can to inform the end result of this HT3 prototype.
Whether you choose to help fund and inform the HT3 prototype or not, I invite you to check out gamenightgeek.com and our Etsy store to see what we have going on. If you fill out and submit our patron survey at the website, I'll be your best friend. ;)
Thanks in advance for your support!
Proprietor, GameNightGeek, llc
Risks and challenges
Risk...a classic strategic tabletop board game made that much better when played on a specialized table top system designed to improve the experience.
Be advised that the delivery/completion dates shown for each reward are only estimates. I will stay in contact with backers to inform them if it becomes necessary to push any back. But never fear; YOU WILL GET YOUR PROMISED REWARD ASAP.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (58 days)