Frequently Asked Questions
Board Sleeve: 14.75 x 12.75 x 1.75 inches
XL Game Box: 13.5 x 5.9 x 3.5
Large Game Box: 10 x 5.9 x 3.5
Med Game Box: 6.5 x 5.9 x 3.5
Small Game Box: 3 x 5.9 x 3.5
Board Sleeve: 14.875 x 12.875 x 2.0 inches
XL Game Box: 14 x 6.25 x 3.75
Large Game Box: 10.5 x 6.25 x 3.75
Med Game Box: 7.0 x 6.25 x 3.75
Small Game Box: 3.5 x 6.25 x 3.75Last updated:
We are working aggressively for the most affordable shipping options that generate the best user experience. The best shipping rates we've been able to negotiate are based upon product weight and not dimensional weight. Because shipping knock down flat does not reduce shipping costs, we've elected to assemble product to generate the best user experience.Last updated:
From the beginning of our design process we have stuck to 3 fundamental goals: Space Saving, Easy Traveling, and Super Affordable.
When we evaluated what materials made sense in the design of the BITBOX, we investigated several foams and plastics that all proved to be much too expensive. With even the cheapest plastics increasing customer unit costs by 2 - 3 times. With a revolutionary and disruptive new product, we wanted to accomplish our goals at the lowest price possible for our customers.
As a result we have a BITBOX and BITBOX Mobile that can be purchased together for $50, which is a tremendous value, and much less expensive than the alternatives.Last updated:
For those who aren't familiar: The Game Canopy is a board game travel bag that was recently Kickstarted by Level3b.
We are excited backers of the Game Canopy project, and we are anxiously waiting on its arrival.
Based purely on dimensions the two products appear to be compatible, however we have not yet had the opportunity to test the fit. As soon as we know more we will post pictures and updates.
Important to note: Regardless of the ability to fit an entire BITBOX, the Game Drawers, Game Boxes, and Board Sleeves, of the BITBOX will fit, and will make the use of the Game Canopy much more efficient.Last updated:
First, let us say a BIG thank you to everyone that has helped evaluate shipping options. Our comment threads have been bursting with comments on shipping, and the various options that exist. Thank you for your support, and for your encouragement in finding the best alternatives.
1. Shipping Flat:
- When looking at the option of shipping flat, many have assumed that shipping flat instead of fully assembled would be a dramatically cheaper alternative. Unfortunately this isn't actually the case. We have been in negotiations with USPS and UPS and have been able to land a 'weight only' shipping rate that is NOT based on the dimensions of the product. Because of this, shipping flat, and shipping assembled - ready to use, are nearly the same price.
Also, there are huge trade offs in customer experience in shipping flat or shipping assembled. A fully assembled BITBOX has 23 pieces that need to be individually folded and assembled. A BITBOX Mobile has an additional 10 pieces. We have decided that delivering 33 pieces that need to be carefully folded and assembled is not the customer experience we are looking for. Further more, since shipping assembled is not costing significantly more, we feel it is the best trade off.
2. It can't really cost that much to ship a BITBOX
- It really does! :) The prices that we have been able to negotiate at the actual weight of the BITBOX is the rate we have listed on this page.
3. How about shipping in plastic bags?
- Thank you for looking into alternatives for us! We have looked into this option and feel it does not provide the protection that is needed to ensure your BITBOX is not damaged on arrival. The 23 pieces that make up a BITBOX weigh a significant amount and would be damaged while in transit. The last thing we want is a broken BITBOX on your doorstep and we are carefully padding each shipment to make sure that never happens.Last updated:
A BITBOX with 2 sleeves, 4 drawers, 8 small game boxes, and 4 medium game boxes weighs 7.5 pounds
A BITBOX Mobile with 1 sleeve, 2 drawers, 1 XL game box, 1 large game box, and 1 small game box weighs 3.5 poundsLast updated:
We have received a few questions about add-on shipping and we wanted to address it.
All of the shipping rates are stated at the bottom of the Kickstarter page. Please refer to the shipping rates for each the BITBOX, BITBOX Mobile, and additional add-ons. The chart for BITBOX and BITBOX Mobile shipping rates show the rates for all BITBOX and BITBOX Mobiles in your order in the various quantities. The stated add-on pricing does not supersede the stated price for shipping of a BITBOX and a BITBOX Mobile.
As always, we are working aggressively to provide the best shipping options at the most affordable prices.Last updated:
During pledge manager, post campaign, you will have the option to select whatever add-ons you would like. For example, if you pledged $7.50 in addition to your original pledge, during pledge manager you will have a $7.50 credit to choose any of the 6 different add-on options.
If you don't pledge for an add-on during the campaign, but you decide you want an add-on post campaign, you will still be able to select an add-on for $7.50 ($5.00 + $2.50 in shipping).Last updated:
Don't see the answer to your question? Ask the project creator directly.Ask a question