World Update #1 - Setting Information
Hello Daring Backers!
William L. Munn here. I'm a co-producer and one of the writers for Zorro: The Roleplaying Game (but you can call me Will!)
Tonight Alan will be doing a Q&A in the #randomworlds IRC channel! You can come ask questions, and chat about WEG D6 2e and Zorro. He'll be there at 7:30 p.m. CST! You can join at the link below, and the chat will be logged and posted afterwards and we'll be sure to pass the information along tomorrow!
Today’s update has some detail on our Zorro RPG from a world and setting standpoint. We’re super excited about this world, and we want to make sure we’re as clear as we can be on what's included in the game. As with our earlier updates, these are subject to approval by ZPI and West End Games. They are subject to change in our final product.
We’ll give game masters and players clarity on a few things:
- The world where the Zorro: The Roleplaying Game is set.
- Tools for Players and GMs to get their games going quickly.
In our first World Update, we're mainly covering the setting of Zorro: The Roleplaying Game.
The RPG includes detail on Alta California (the northern portion of Spanish-ruled California) during the early 1800s including:
- El Camino Real, the mission system, and the role of the Franciscan priests.
- Spanish rule of Alta California including the military and presidios (fortified military settlements).
- How Zorro and Zorro's Legion fit into the events of the time, and the roles they can play in your swashbuckling stories of both adventure and fighting for the oppressed.
- Details to help you set flavor-rich adventures in other parts of the world such as Baja California, Texas, the rest of Mexico, and even parts of Europe.
Here are a few of the locations where we’re providing greater setting detail.
- Mission San Diego de Alcalá (including Presidio)
- Reina de Los Angeles
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Mission and Presidio Santa Barbara
- San Francisco de Aziz (including Presidio)
Last, here’s a few more items you might be wondering about.
- Travel in the 1800s including accurate info/stats on horses!
- Available foodstuffs and typical meals.
- Details on weapons and other standard supplies and equipment.
- A bestiary of wild and domestic creatures.
We hope these updates will give you a taste of what to expect in Zorro: The Roleplaying Game. Look for another update tomorrow, and thank you for being our devoted backers and for your continuing support of Zorro: The Roleplaying Game!
We’ll be back tomorrow with World Update #2 - Dramatic Personas and GM/Player Helps.