**New to Cthulhu Kids? No worries! Check out the back issue bundle!**
The Miskatonic Academy is the most exclusive establishment for the children of Elder Things & Outer Gods. Join Kid Cthulhu, Nancy Thotep, Sydney Shoggoth, Dagon Jr and the rest of the gang in this mash up of vintage kids comics and existential terror!
Cthulhu Kids includes stories like 'At The Molehills Of Madness', 'The Tournament' and 'Innsmouth's Got Talent'. Plus a whole bunch of fun games, quizzes and other weirdness crammed into one high quality 36 page comic!
Who will love Cthulhu Kids?
- Fans of H.P Lovecraft and the wider Cthulhu Mythos.
- Folks who want to share the Mythos universe with a younger audience.
- People who enjoy vintage kids comics like the Beano or Peanuts
- Collectors of high quality modern independent comic books packed with great content and a generous page count.
- If you like your comics rammed with weird humour, slapstick horror and great art!
What Do You Get?
- Cthulhu Kids #2 is a 36 page comic in standard American size, printed on high quality paper with a stiff cover. (Issue #1 is available with the Back Issue Bundle or as an add on with the post campaign survey.)
- All ages means that both kids and cultists alike can enjoy the comic!
- Join the 'Kid Cthulhu Mythos Madness Club'.
- Digital Back-up! Every pledge comes with a hi-res PDF of the entire comic so you can read it on any device when you like!
- All physical backers will also get access to the digital deluxe PDF package and the Cthulhu Kids theme music by Keith McVeigh, Music Dept., Miskatonic.
- Try before you buy! Download a mythos crammed sampler here!
- At higher pledge levels, backers will access campaign exclusive bags and boxes loaded with limited edition variants, and killer merchandise including mini-prints, enamel pins, custom toys, and more!
Peter Duncan (writer) lives in Belfast, Northern Ireland and is a life long fan of all things comics, especially the British kids comics of the 70's & 80's. His encyclopedic knowledge of Lovecraft Mythos fuels his fevered imagination as he creates stories for Cthulhu Kids.
Peter is also Editor in Chief at Splank! comics, a fantastic anthology that pays homage to the comics of our youth.
Andrew Pawley (Artist) lives in Dorset, England and is the creator of GalaXafreaks Comics. Andrew loves nothing more than slipping through wormholes, contemplating the enormity of existence and eating pizza.
Andrew has previously crowdfunded 13 issues of his comic GalaXafreaks and is no stranger to running a well organised Kickstarter that always fulfils to it's backers. He has also worked on the very successful Kickstarters for both C is for Cthulhu and Sink designing paper toys for both brands.
Why Cthulhu Kids?
As a collaborative team we had two main motivations to make this comic. One is a childhood love of the British, anarchic school kid comics of our youth. The other, as an adult, is grasping the enormity of existence and the existential terror that comes with it! That is why Lovecraft is so important to us. Wouldn't it be ideal to combine the two of them?
Cthulhu Kids brings these two passions together. The naughty offspring of classic Mythos characters are brought together in Class 3B and spread havoc and terror where ever they go. The comic is a collection of short stories that explore the Mythos universe through a humorous lens. Stories like 'At The Molehills Of Madness' where the gang try out a summoning spell which goes horribly wrong or 'Innsmouth's Got Talent' where the one of Miskatonic's staff cultists shows off his amazing performing skills highlight the madcap humour and more than a slight nod to classic Mythos stories.
What Is the Money Being Spent On?
Previous experience with my other successful Kickstarters means I have a good idea about the funds I need and how they will get spent! The majority of funds goes to printing and shipping.
What great pledge perks are available?
Will YOU Be the Next to Join the Mythos Madness?
If you've made it this far, you may be ready to be the very next person to JOIN the MYTHOS MADNESS!
If so, we'd like to ask you to scroll back up this page, choose an awesome reward, and pledge to be a part of this campaign today.
Andrew & Peter would like to thank you so much for your support!
Risks and challenges
After successfully running 13 crowdfunding projects I have a good understanding of the demands and potential pitfalls involved in this kind of project.
I have plenty of experience in fulfilling all additional items like prints, stickers and models. I use a rigorous and organised system to ensure fulfilment is successful.
The comic is totally finished and test prints made! We're ready to go to press!
The biggest risk is an unforeseen delay in production & manufacture. That is why we have built in a buffer in our delivery schedule.
- (21 days)