Press the pedal to the metal!
You have fought a pitched battle for the $180,000 SG yesterday, but you won again! Thank you very much! In exchange, you will be able to add 5 more wasteland cards to your decks. New enemies shall stalk the Waste and new events shall pose a threat in your travels. Now, we are approaching Doctor Feng – the exclusive character with unique upgrades reflecting his sharp mind and inquisitiveness bordering on obsession.
We hope the good doctor will join us in no time as we have important news for you. We asked you in the last update if you would like to see 2 add-ons that we have designed, partly because we really wished to share more game content with you, and partly to answer your ideas and comments. Most of you said that this is a good idea, so here we go: Remnants of Civilization and Through the Waste are here for you, if you like to get them as optionally purchased add-ons! We wrote about them yesterday, now we know more, so let’s take a quick look at them.
Remnants of Civilization
This expansion deals with Cities, 6 largest hubs of human activity. It features:
- 18 Task Cards (3 per each of 6 cities), with new rules enabling you to fulfill certain tasks for inhabitants and win favors in return
- 1 Adventure: Spreading Corruption, a clash of mind and steel with an insidious cult. It features unique, strategy-oriented mechanics, 2 Special Cards, and lots of new narrative entries.
- 6 large City Tokens used during the adventure to mark progression of cult activities and other effects.
We have decided to make this expansion even more attractive. We have prepared laser-cut, wooden markers depicting the 6 cities for you to use them instead of the cardboard tokens if you choose so. These markers are approx. 35x35mm, 3mm thick, with laser engraving to create a great 3D-effect.
What is most important – any of you who decide to include this expansion in your pledge will get the markers for FREE! They will also be the EXCLUSIVE KS content, offered only during the campaign. We believe you will find Remnants of Civilization a great addition to your collection, enabling you to explore the setting and enjoy ruined Australia for hours. This add-on is for $10.
Through the Waste
This expansion focuses on vehicles, gangs, and lawmen of the Waste. It features:
- 16 Part Cards, with new rules for tuning vehicles that enable you to add armor, weapons, and upgrades to turn your ride into a mechanized companion
- 4 Vehicle Sheets: Dirt Bike, Pursuit Car, Pick-up, and ATV, with new stats and special abilities
- 4 Malfunction Cards
- 3 Wasteland Cards featuring new Gangs roaming cracked Australian highways
- 1 Adventure: Deadly Cargo, a dynamic narrative about expert drivers competing for the ultimate prize. It features unique rules for vehicle combat and 2 Special Cards with hidden content for you to discover.
- 1 Knight: Frank Strzelecki, the Judge, with his accompanying sheet, 4 Upgrade Cards, and a highly-detailed miniature
We have decided to include this add-on not only because we feel it’s climatic and matches the game theme perfectly, but also because you asked for it. In comparison with the last update, we have decided to add 2 more Part Cards so that the whole deck reaches 16 cards. In conjunction with the number of vehicles available, you can be sure that you will use them for many games to come. The Through the Waste expansion is for $15.
We hope you will consider increasing your pledge to include these expansions, especially that we do not plan to add any more gameplay add-ons to the campaign that would require you to spend extra money.
Finally, we wish to thank you for all comments and feedback you have given us regarding the expansions and other campaign developments. We listen to everything you say, and tomorrow we are going to share with you information about the next thing that will make the KS version of Waste Knights: Second Edition even more attractive to have.
Thank you again for your great support! See you in the Waste!