In Animal Kingdoms, each player takes on the role of a house leader, battling to gain control of the five kingdoms. Cards in your hand represent noble beasts that have pledged their allegiance to you. Over the course of three ages, you must deploy your beasts to the various territories – making sure that you adhere to each kingdom’s decree – to try and improve your influential position in the kingdoms. The house that gains the most influence by the end of the third age is declared the one true leader of the realm.
With more to come!
How-to-Play: Learn Animal Kingdoms from And All the Nerdy Fun!
Rules and Print and Play
Shipping costs differ based on your location:
- Included in the pledge cost for the United States
- $10 for the EU and Canada
- $15 for the rest of the world*
*We are currently not planning to ship to the following areas: Mexico, Brazil, and Russia. If your country is listed here, but you would still like to get a copy of the game, please send us a message. We make no guarantees, but we will try our best to work out a solution.
We are still working on the fulfillment strategy with several potential fulfillment partners to get Animal Kingdoms to you the proper way, with fulfillment partners in different parts of the world which will be chosen closer to shipping, as things tend to change over time.
To order a second copy of Animal Kingdoms, add an additional $24 to your pledge with no additional shipping cost.
We are happy to discuss group orders larger than two copies, but these need to be handled on a country-by-country basis. Please send us a direct message including country and number of copies to discuss.
We would love to support game stores by offering the Kickstarter versions of Animal Kingdoms to retailers during the campaign. Back the project at the retailer level for $50, and we'll contact you closer to when we ship out rewards to get a count of games that you wish to get! An invoice will be sent to you before we ship your rewards.
People sometimes wonder why they should back a Kickstarter campaign instead of waiting to get the game later in retail. The most important reason not to wait with Animal Kingdoms is that we are a small, independent publishing company without the means to create this game if the Kickstarter does not fund. Without your help, this game will not be made.
- Help Us Improve Animal Kingdoms – We have a ton of stretch goals planned to help improve the quality of the components and add more content to the game for everyone!
- Kickstarter Limited – We also currently have no plans to put the Deluxe version of Animal Kingdoms into distribution. If you wait, you may end up missing out, as we won't have many extra copies to sell and unless your local store backs the campaign, they won't be carrying it either. Animal Kingdoms Deluxe might be very hard to find after the campaign, outside of select conventions.
- EU Friendly – copies will be sent from inside the EU to avoid VAT fees for backers.
We definitely appreciate every backer’s support in making our dream a reality.
What do you get when two board game publishers who love outer space and dinosaurs join forces? Galactic Raptor Games! That’s right, Carla Kopp of Weird Giraffe Games (Fire in the Library, Stellar Leap, Dreams of Tomorrow) and Dan Letzring of Letiman Games (Groves, Neverland Rescue, Dino Dude Ranch) are joining forces under their new brand Galactic Raptor Games.
Although this is our first game being published under this company, we have both been in the industry for years now and have delivered a combined total of 8 Kickstarter campaigns between the two of us. We hope that combining our strengths will lead to a bigger and better future for our companies and for more fun games getting to your tables!
We love getting to know our community better, so be sure to connect with us on social media and say hi!
People Behind Animal Kingdoms
STAY UP TO DATE ON THE ANIMAL KINGDOMS
- Check out Animal Kingdoms on Board Game Geek
- Follow Galactic Raptor Games on Twitter
- Like Galactic Raptor Games on Facebook
- Follow Galactic Raptor Games on Instagram
PODCASTS, INTERVIEWS, AND MORE INFO ABOUT ANIMAL KINGDOMS
- Geek Spiel - Table Crashers interview with Nick Kopp about Animal Kingdoms
- Inquisitive Meeple - Going Wild About Animal Kingdoms with Steven Aramini
- Every Night is Game Night - Ep 43 Animal Kingdoms with Carla Kopp and Dan Letzring
- Indie Board Game Designer's Podcast - Ep 46 Steven Aramini
- Go Forth and Game - Our Conversation with Galactic Raptor about Animal Kingdoms
- MFGCast - Let's get roaring with Steven Aramini
- Who, What, Why? - S20.E04 :: In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle
- Board Game Design Lab - Designing Area Control Games with Steven Aramini
- The Cardboard Herald - Ep 113 Steven Aramini designer of Animal Kingdoms
- GJJ Games - Eye on Kickstarter #57
- Meople Magazine - Meople News: Moonlight on my Dice
- Gameosity -Jess's Five Kickstarters of the Week 1/11/2019
- Casual Game Revolution - Casual Games on Kickstarter: Kraken, Kingdoms, and Koi
- Dice Tower News - Vie for Control of the five kingoms in Animal Kingdoms
THANK YOU SO MUCH!
We'd also like to thank the following people for all of their help:
- Elizabeth Davidson, Jessica & Andrew Fisher, Katie Aidley, Christopher Bowden, and Eric Yurko for reviewing/previewing Animal Kingdoms.
- Zach Dyer for making our How to Play video.
- Jack from Cardboard Herald, Cathy from Our Turn, Richard from We're Not Wizards, Board Game Gumbo, Flatout at the Table, Mike from Who What Why, Kurt from MFGCast, and Zach from Board with Friends for helping raise awareness of Animal Kingdoms.
Risks and challenges
Although Dan and Carla individually have already successfully funded and delivered 8 projects on Kickstarter, Animal Kingdoms will have it's own unique issues. We would love if everything went smoothly, but we are also trying to be prepared for any problem that could arise.
Animal Kingdoms will be manufactured by a reputable company but international shipping always has the potential for delays and complications.
If things run behind schedule, we think the best approach is to always be up front and communicative with backers. It's our goal to make post-campaign updates part of this experience and we plan to update monthly until the game has shipped to backers in order to keep backers informed of the progress of Animal Kingdoms. We have both already shown through our previous endeavors that we are diligent about posting consistent updates along the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)