The ACE™: Your Absolute Essentials Wallet
An elegant cardholder designed to carry only what you need
The ACE™: Your Absolute Essentials Wallet
An elegant cardholder designed to carry only what you need
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sat, November 23 2019 3:59 AM UTC +00:00.
Introducing the Ace™
The Ace™ is an ultra-minimalist wallet designed to accommodate your absolute essentials, 2-4 cards and some hidden cash. Our unique cardholder is expertly handcrafted from premium European leathers, with a subtle silhouette only slightly larger than a standard credit card.
The Ace is for those who don’t need much. You take what you need. You use what you take. Simplicity is your calling card.
A Cash-free Solution
As cashless forms of digital payment like ApplePay increase in popularity, we wanted to create a card-only wallet solution with our minimalist ethos.
We focused on eliminating the bulk from traditional cardholders with our approach of combining cards in fewer pockets, removing the unnecessary layers typically found in cardholder-style wallets.
But card storage was only half of our solution, card retrieval was the other. Since the tight dimensions of most cardholders make removing cards difficult, we designed the Ace with two ways to access your cards.
First, a notched cutaway at the bottom of the Ace allows you to push out your desired card.
Second, a single reinforced interior divider creates two separate compartments making it easy to squeeze the wallet open to access your cards.
While optimized for cards, you can also carry some just-in-case cash.
Who is it for?
- For when you just need essentials: Primary credit/debit card, ID, and/or commuter pass
- For the person who rarely carries cash
- For the discerning individual who wants something better
- For travelers in search of an easy to conceal, low-profile wallet for their adventures
- For someone wanting a removable companion to our Diplomat™ passport wallet
- Securely store 2-4 essential cards. Primary credit/debit card, identification, and/or commuter pass, and folded bill.
- Responsibly sourced, premium full-grain European leather. The Ace will initially be available in 4 distinct leathers: Blackout, Blacktie, Tanistry, and Blackstone.
- 3-7/8" (99.5mm) x 2-1/4" (58mm)
We pride ourselves on our exacting attention to design detail. Every angle, cut line, fold and stitch is carefully considered and then communicated to our world-class manufacturing partners. Here's an example of the CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) diagrams used to create the most accurate technical drawings possible for our leather goods.
Ace with Cards
How to Get the Ace
Back this project and select one of the available rewards. You'll get a special discount for supporting our project and if all goes well, you'll receive your Ace cardholder in time for the holidays. One not enough? Check out the Rewards and Add-ons section below.
Can't find the right mix? No worries, use the add-on menu below to tabulate your own pledge combination. Add up the total and you're all set.
The holidays! We know how important the gifting season is, and we have every intention of delivering the majority of our Aces by early-to-mid December of 2019.
We already have production samples in the final stages, and have materials on reserve from our suppliers. We've also reserved a production slot from our manufacturing partners to ensure that we'll have our order in queue without delay.
The single most exceptional characteristic of leather is its uniqueness, as no two pieces are ever truly identical.
While many features of natural leather make it superior to synthetic products, it is leather’s ability to patina and improve with age that sets it apart from other materials.
For products that get used every single day, the durability of premium tanned leather sourced from eco-friendly tanneries, is not only a good economic decision, but a sustainable one as well.
For this campaign, in addition to our three most popular Italian leathers (Blackout, Tanistry, and Blacktie), we’re introducing Blackstone, a beautiful pebbled leather (featured in the video) sourced from one of the most technologically advanced tanneries in the world.
- Blackout (Smooth Nappa Leather) - Admired for its soft natural touch, our Italian nappa leather looks refined but can handle a hard day’s work. Made from full grain Italian leather, it is lightweight and durable. Like a fine whiskey, this leather gets smoother over time.
- Blacktie (Textured Saffiano Leather) - Recognized for its unique cross hatch pattern, our Italian Saffiano leather embodies understated elegance and style. The distinct texture is created by embossing the wax-coated leather, giving it a slight sheen. This process also produces a leather that is scratch resistant, water repellent and easy to clean.
- Tanistry (Vegetable Tanned Leather) - Produced by one of the oldest tanneries in Tuscany, our vegetable tanned leather is artisan-made honoring both tradition and nature. The unique dyeing process, passed down for generations, uses natural tannin extracts from trees and vegetables. As the leather matures over time, it develops a warm patina and buttery feel, absorbing the routine of our daily lives and reflecting all of its richness.
- Blackstone (Pebble Grained Leather) - Appreciated for its distinctive three dimensional grain surface, the pebbled texture is created through tumbling the hide in a large drum to produce a soft and pliable leather. This Dutch-sourced leather has a medium-sized pebble grain and classic luster. Both rugged, yet refined, this versatile leather is full-bodied and durable, ideal for any environment.
Our Design Philosophy
At Capsule, we care deeply about your everyday carry experience. Few match our rigor for merging forward-thinking functionality with the rich tradition of leather-crafting.
We take a zero-based design approach (that means we start from scratch) to blend unique innovations with time-tested luxury craftsmanship for the perfect complement of utility and style. Though our original ideas have generated a multitude of imitators, none have been able to replicate the quality of our leather goods. If we can’t introduce a new and fresh perspective on a tired design, we won’t.
Our flagship product, the Minimalist™, was widely praised and awarded dual US patents for both utility and design for its pioneering CashStrap™ feature.
And finally as a point of pride, we manage to do all of this at a notably accessible price point.
Luxury Without the Price
We've been fortunate to work with some of the finest leather goods companies in the world. Our wallets are produced in partnership with a premier European manufacturer and expertly crafted alongside many of the most well-known and esteemed luxury brands.
However, without the same overhead and marketing expenditure as these brands, we're able to bring equivalent quality goods minus the usual markup.
Further, our manufacturing process utilizes only premium materials and is regularly evaluated and audited against the highest standards of sustainability, quality control and social compliance.
Our Promise to You
There are few guarantees in life, but we can promise you that we stand by our products. Whether you have an issue out-of-the-package or if something doesn't feel right, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Heartfelt and special thanks to the following individuals:
The brilliant team at Jon Maxwell (http://jonmaxwellfilms.com/) for bringing the brief to life. (Ray Huang, Benson Quach, Chris Yang, Sophia Chang, Langdon Van)
Victor Wang, actor and model extraordinaire.
The growing Capsule team and countless friends and family who’ve provided unwavering support along the way. (Ruby Wang, David Sha, Francesco Fogu, Wesley Chan, Erik and Jaime Palladino, Orlando and Trisha Sanchez)
And to our customers and fans for which none of this would be possible without your support.
Get the latest news on our campaign:
This project is promoted by Jellop, the ad tech power behind the best Kickstarters with 850+ successful Kickstarter projects with over $370M raised between them.
Risks and challenges
Seven years of operating have given us a great understanding of our production timeline. We delivered to 95% of our backers within 35 days of closing our original Kickstarter campaign for the Minimalist™, and that was our first time dealing with mass production. We delivered similar results for our second Kickstarter campaign for the Accomplice™ and Diplomat™.
That said, we’re prepared to exceed your expectations this time around.
So with any Kickstarter, the usual T&Cs apply. While we promise to make it right in the end, these are the areas we’re paying special attention to:
Quality Control: Like the production of our other products, there are 3+ quality assurance and control checks throughout the production process, including QC for: (1) materials, (2) on-the-line production, (3) randomized selections, and (4) final checks. With these checks in place, we don’t anticipate any quality issues. But if we’re not satisfied with the final products, you can be sure we’ll incur a delay to address any hiccups to make it right.
Order Quantity: Our materials partners are excited to get underway with production of the Ace™. In anticipation of healthy support, we’ve made some early estimates on order quantity. If you guys are as excited as we are, we may end up with a runaway campaign which will put pressure on our materials sourcing. We don’t anticipate challenges procuring additional leather and other materials, but it’s a reality that we’re prepared to address. Our manufacturing team is building in plans for potential delays to manage risks here.
Fulfillment: We want to get our new product in your hands ASAP, that’s why we’ve already coordinated with our partners to reserve production time so that we can begin right away and you can get your order as soon as possible, before the holidays.
We are first and foremost committed to our relationship with our backers, the ones that have been with us from the very beginning and those we’re excited to have join us in our next product evolution. We promise to keep our family of backers updated with our progress throughout the entire campaign. As always, carry forward.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter