Lost Homeland - Videogame (Suspended)
Lost Homeland - Videogame (Suspended)
Action game, stealth, platforms and freedom of exploration. Contains elements of old Industrial, Victorian era and Steampunk aesthetic.
Action game, stealth, platforms and freedom of exploration. Contains elements of old Industrial, Victorian era and Steampunk aesthetic. Read more
Game description available on: Español
Lost Homeland is an action game for PC based on the Hack and Slash genre as main part of development and it is complemented by other elements, relying on stealth, puzzles and platforms for a diverse, challenging and fun experience.
We will play the role of Kiara, a young warrior who will face her enemies through different forms of combat, battle, using the combo system and the use of weapons at close range; or using long-range weapons (bow and daggers) which enables you to draw a different strategy against enemies.
Throughout the adventure, we will use other skills of our character like the interaction with the elements of their environment, presenting a climbing system that allows attachment and movement through the projections, edges and other sites that we will find in different points of the scenarios and thus reach inaccessible areas.
The diversity of environments will give us the possibility to use different ways to reach our destination, having the option of climbing, swimming and even the use of vehicles with which we will move through areas of greater amplitude mapping and also have areas specific career development.
The interaction with the citizens living in villages will be important, the multiple paths and choices you will make in each moment will change the course of the game making it a unique experience.
- Make your own decisions: The game will have a mixture of mechanics that allow each player to use in their own style. We can go straight for the enemy in a hand to hand confrontation or take a stealthy approach and sneak in the shadows.
- Large scenarios: Whether you like action or stealth, both can be an advantage in the width of the map, and the many paths to which we have access to.
- A world full of life: an interesting section of the game is the interaction with the citizens living in the towns and their side quests. You'll receive help from them for each mission accomplished, either in the form of weapons or hidden areas, otherwise you could make more than one enemy, completing them is not only your decision.
- Each game is a unique experience: joining the two previous features, we obtain range of possibilities in the course of the game, making each game a totally different experience.
Lost Homeland will have two game modes to choose from the start of the game:
- Story Mode
- Combat Mode
Lost Homeland takes us to a industrial environment, taking characteristic elements of the old Victorian times and other characteristic of the Steampunk aesthetic. So that is the presence of industrial facilities, where pipes, gears, heavy machinery and various mechanical components predominate. In addition, we will have other elements of retro futuristic style, and as an example, we can point the military weapons used at certain stages, which features advanced technology to reflect the era in which the game is played.
Focusing on urban areas, we can appreciate the segregation of different social sectors reflected in the buildings that build up the cities. We will cross dark alleys, narrow gap and drawn by small homes of humble origin, as opposed to large buildings with Victorian architecture influences that characterize the most affluent areas of the city.
The mystery and history that we will find in these great cities, take us through hidden buildings, underground areas where moisture prevails and poor lighting; in addition to more rudimentary sectors such as mines or dungeons located in the basement of the city.
Outside the cities, we will have nature-based, from vast plains, through lush forests and river environments. The danger from poachers and vandals settlements in these territories will find a handicap to be overcome.
All these locations submitted under an atrocious military regime that will become the game experience in a struggle for surviving and achieving each mission objectives.
Kiara is a young woman of humble origin under the tutelage of her father, Professor Peter Ritz, a scientist of great talent who combines his life between the laboratory and the care of his daughter. Away from the big cities, lies the small and peaceful village in which they live, but soon an unexpected visit from an old friend will make them aware of the current situation.
Kiara. Our protagonist is a young, energetic, brave and simple, her experience in close combat gives gives her an advantage in both attack and defense superior to most other people.
General Thomas Frederick. Our antagonist is a man of great physical and intellectual power, his personality and ruthless despot with his extraordinary ingenuity in military strategy have led to its rapid ascent in the army.
Within the world of Lost Homeland we have different locations, with respect to urban areas stands Brighstone, the capital city.
- Soldiers. Unscrupulous men, trained to enforce the orders of the new empire in all the land. As we go on our adventure, we will find soldiers who have different rank and experience, thus we will face enemies with better weapons and protection.
- Infected. Hideous and bloodthirsty creatures, these enemies have great physical power and will have specialized weapons for close combat.
- Area Bosses. Large beasts, located in specific areas, we will use all our experience to finish them.
Andrés Madera Carrera. Is our lead programmer on the team. His task is to develop the game mechanics, enemies, vehicles and game modes in Lost Homeland.
- Alex Baquerizo Jiménez. Responsible for writing the dialoge of Lost Homeland, in addition to 2D art, drawing sketches, maps, and the interface of the project.
- Gabriel Baquerizo Jiménez. I am the creator of Lost Homeland and technical artist, I handle all the visuals, implementation in the game engine and its proper functioning.
- Pay the costs studio until the game is finished.
- Acquire licenses for the graphics engine, 3D and 2D programs.
- Pay an external team for the development of audio, because we know how important a good sound design in the game.
- Hiring more staff to the section of 2D and 3D design and creation.
Purchase of equipment for new staff.
Risks and challenges
The combat system in Hack and Slash is always difficult to work with because they affect multiple factors to get a proper action / reaction without gameplay being interrupted, however, we have a good base to work on, our programmer has created adequate and parameterized algorithms, and can modify each hit, damage, momentum, animation, etc ... Achieving that each attack is different. This way we can link combos and special powers with greater visual impact.
We are trying to recreate a system of side quests with the townsfolk,, which can directly influence the game, depending on the success of the side quest, in the future these will help in some way, either with weapons, ammunition, hidden places, improved vehicles, etc.. making it so you need from them to obtain a bit of an advantage in the game.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)