NOTE: All regular Reward levels include free shipping anywhere in the U.S.
Sweet Mama's - Gourmet Desserts with Soul is a new bakery, envisioned by Tammy and Kyle Gabhart. We're raising funds to launch our business with a very simple vision:
Handmade baked goods, always from scratch, in small batches, and then baked and iced to perfection.
Nice pictures, but how do they TASTE?
Here are some comments from a recent "taste test" we conducted in May:
"I love how soft it is." - Juli B.
"Buttery and perfectly sweet without being too sweet." - Wendy S.
"Uh-mazing." - Jennifer E.
"Uh-mazing." - Kyle G. (no seriously, two people had the SAME comment)
"I don't like cinnamon rolls, but this, I LOVE." - Jamie T.
"I've killed for less" - Dan B. (YEP! They're THAT good.)
Meet the Chef
Tammy Gabhart is a fantastic mother of 6, a devoted wife, and she is terrific in the kitchen. It's not uncommon for the kids to come home from school and find three freshly baked goodies waiting for them to sample. Cooking is her passion and she has dreamed of opening a bakery ever since she was a little girl.
"I think one thing that people should know about my cinnamon rolls...is that if you have one, you're gonna be addicted." - Tammy Gabhart
Behind the Scenes
So how do such delicious concoctions come to exist? We're glad you asked. First, start with the freshest ingredients (dry: Flour, Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Yeast and wet: Milk, Butter, Vegetable Oil), then take your time and make them lovingly by hand, from scratch, in small batches.
There are a lot of options when it comes to supporting this vision.
Now Offering: Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls!!
That's right, due to popular demand, we have whipped up a Gluten-Free variety of our delicious rolls (this recipe also happens to be Lactose-free). We use a special GF blend of flour that contains two varieties of rice, tapioca, potato, xanthan gum, and pectin. With our GF rolls, we also use Almond Milk in lieu of cow's milk. The results are excellent!
Extra cost: The raw materials are expensive, the process required to make them is different, and we have to maintain a separate work area, separate utensils, etc. Consequently, if you'd like the Gluten-free variety of rolls, please add $14 per baker's dozen to your pledge. For example: if you pledged at the $26 level for 1 baker's dozen, then you would need to set your pledge to $40. If you pledged at the $42 level for 2 baker's dozen, then you would need to set your pledge to $70.
Mini-rolls vs Standard Cinnamon Rolls
Our mini-rolls are just the perfect size (about 1/4 the size of our standard rolls). Each mini-roll is two delicious bites of cinnamon, sugar, and homemade goodness.
Our sweet sampler includes an assortment of handcrafted desserts which change seasonally, and even weekly. You see, Cinnamon Rolls are just the beginning. Sweet Mama's: Gourmet Desserts with Soul has a wide range of mouth-watering goodness. Some of our specialties include "Strawberry Shortcake Cookies", "Pucker-up Lemon Brownies", "Citrus Grove Cookies", "Pecan Sticky Buns" and more!
Shipping and Delivery Details
You're probably wondering how and when your delicious cinnamon rolls will arrive. Here are the details:
We have a huge vision for Sweet Mama's and what it can become. You see, it's not just about Cinnamon Rolls. With the launch of Sweet Mama's, we plan on bringing you mouth-watering delights such as "Rock-My-Road Texas Sheet Cake", through our Dessert-of-the-month Club, but we need your help to turn this dream into a reality. Through Kickstarter we hope to accomplish two very important things:
1) We want to build a community of people that appreciate and enjoy the art of handmade baked goods, from scratch, in small batches.
2) We need funds to equip our little enterprise to thrive and grow. Specifically, we are raising money to do the following:
- Baking supplies
- Basic branding
- Food handling certification
- Proper website
- Business filing
- Product Packaging
Your pledge can make the difference!!
In order to push beyond the basics, we will need to invest money into more marketing, joining the Keller Chamber of Commerce and the Southlake Chamber, buying magnets or window decals for our cars and much, much more. To accomplish that, we have designed some stretch rewards where you, our faithful backers, receive a benefit, and we get additional funds to invest in the business.
Stretch Reward Details
- FUNDED! Funding Goal ($4000) - Our first target is the basic funding goal for the project. We need to raise this much in order to buy the necessary supplies and get the proper legal constructs in place to get things rolling with the business.
- Better Ingredients ($7000) - We will upgrade all cinnamon rolls to use Premium Korintje (Grade A) cinnamon and pure Maple extract imported from the Northeast.
- Marketing Upgrade ($10000) - We get car magnets and decals; you get the opportunity to purchase T-shirts to support Sweet Mamas. Additionally, everyone will receive a kitchen magnet.
- Icing Options (300+ Likes on Facebook) - We have some really great alternate icing recipes for these rolls. If we can hit this mark, then we'll allow everyone to specify what icing options they would like with their rolls. Icing flavors include: original, maple, coffee, citrus, and more!
- Extra Rolls ($15000) - If our project is able to hit this target, then every reward tier will receive additional rolls beyond the stated totals in those reward tiers!
Stay tuned as more reward levels are being planned for $20,000, $30,000 and beyond!!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest risk is that we might be overwhelmed with too many people that want to support the bakery and we end up having to stagger the delivery of cinnamon rolls. We are confident that we can maintain a pace of 10 dozen cinnamon rolls per day. If the project is a huge success and we need to produce them faster than that, then we have identified a nearby commercial kitchen that we can rent by the hour. This would enable us to produce more cinnamon rolls per day in order to meet the increased volume.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (34 days)