FzRemote - make remote control easy, download app from App Store.
How it works
FzRemote App remote control the physical remote control via bluetooth. there are two use cases.
1. Put the physical remote control on a table, use it as a wireless IR blaster, then you can control your device with the App. The App also support siri, so you can even voice control your device.
2. Assign IR function to a physical remote control button, then you can control your device with the physical remote control.
By this way, Most frequently used IR function can be fast and conveniently accessed by physical remote control, seldom used IR function leave to App, thanks to the big screen find a IR function in the App is much easier than find a remote control. This combination provides much better remote control experience.
If you are a developer
You can easily control FzRemote with Raspberry Pi or Arduino. Add IR support to your hand made home control center.
- BLE (Bluetooth 4.0 Smart) for efficient and fast communication with your phone / tablet
- CC2640 by Texas Instruments chip for a reliable BLE stack and ideal performance
- 2xAAA batteries - lasts 6 months
- UNIVERSAL Control over one million devices
- VOICE Control with Siri shortcut
- ACTIVITY Control multiple device with one click
Where we are now
- Our prototype is working 100% and small quantity trial run already done.
- Remote control supplier Tech4Home, an Europe based company. ( production at China )
- APP FzRemote (iOS only) already in App Store with a few round updates.
- CE certified.
- Pending FCC certificate and mass production.
Risks and challenges
Is there enough user to sustain a product focused on IR?
This is the reason to start this project on Kickstarter.
- (60 days)