Bluetooth for Everyone!
Its not a joke. We've received a lot of constructive feedback and clearly we totally missed how important Bluetooth control was to many of you. Oops.
Fortunately, Bluetooth remote control has always been on our development roadmap. We were already working on it. As we received more feedback over the last few days, we decided to review the status of our PFx Brick V3 logic board with Bluetooth radio chipset. We came to the conclusion that we will exclusively produce this version. Shown below are both versions of the PFx Brick logic board: V3 (IR only) and V3BT (IR & Bluetooth)
Externally, the PFx Brick with Bluetooth looks identical to the IR-only PFx Brick. The key difference is the logic board inside the PFx Brick. Both versions have the same features, abilities, and performance.
So, what does this all mean?
- Everybody will receive the PFx Brick with Bluetooth and IR remote control
- No changes will be made to the current reward tiers and delivery schedule
- Bluetooth interface will be enabled via a firmware update 4-6 weeks after delivery
- PFx App "Mobile Edition" will be released simultaneously (for iOS and Android) with new firmware
How can we do this?
- Hardware design is already complete
- We've made some changes to the bill-of-materials and production plan to absorb the cost of the BT chips
- We need to indulge your patience to enable the Bluetooth remote control after we deliver
We didn't expect to bring the Bluetooth version to market as soon as this, but clearly its absence was hurting the prospect of bringing any PFx Brick to market! We believe in the PFx Brick and want it to succeed; but not if it doesn't meet your expectations. That's why Bluetooth is now available to everyone!