Future Doctors | Children's eBooks |
Future Doctors | Children's eBooks |
Future Doctors is a children's eBook series created to initiate, and fulfil indepth interests of children.
Future Doctors is a children's eBook series created to initiate, and fulfil indepth interests of children. Read more
Congratulations!! on your interest in the Future Doctors eBook series. A solid foundation is important for continued growth and cognitive well being of our children. Becoming a doctor took years of education and hard work. Through it all, one theme seemed to hold true. Intellectual progression was made possible by building off a solid foundation. The Future Doctors eBook series was created to help your child build that foundation. As your child progresses through the first series of Future Doctors they will develop a basic understanding of the human skeletal system. It allows your child to learn the body in a fun and exciting way. By breaking the body down into digestible pieces, your child can learn without frustration. Working with your child through the simple questions at the back of each eBook reinforces this learning process. Repetition is key. The eBooks are designed to give a basic understanding of the subject material while reinforcing a genuine desire to learn more. It is our hope that it will provide your future doctor with a strong grasp of the basics.
~I know the body series~
The first series of Future Doctors consists of 9 eBooks. The series is complete and is being launched slowly. The first series of Future Doctors is known as the "I know the body" series. It takes us on a journey with Beth and her skeleton friend. Beth and her friend take on a difficult task of learning about the bones of the body. The eBooks are listed below and contains the following bones:
- eBook 1-Bones of the arm to includes humorous, radius, and ulna.
- eBook 2- Bones of the leg includes the Femur, Tibia, and fibula.
- eBook 3-Bones of the spine includes the cervical, thoracic, and Lumbar spine Book
- eBook4-Bones of the shoulder includes the scapula, humorous, and clavicle
- eBook 5- Bones of the hip includes the Ischium, Ilium, and pelvic bones
- eBook 6- Bones of the skull includes the mandible, Occipital, temporal and frontal bones
- eBook 7-Bones of the Ankle includes the talus, calcaneus, navicular, cuboid, and cuneiform bones
- eBook 8 part 1-Bones of the wrist includes the Scaphoid, pisiform, Lunate, and Triquetrum bones
- eBook 9- Bones of the wrist part 2 includes the Trapezium, trapezoid, Capitate, and Hamate bones.
Future series of the "I know the body" eBooks will include muscles of the body, and organs of the body. These books are outlined but not yet written.
~I know the Universe Planet series~
When asked about subjects they were most curious about, many children we talked with consistently mentioned space. This inspired the planet series. Each planet is so unique and mesmerizing that these eBooks were written with not only our children in mind, but with the child inside of ourselves. In fact, we learned so much writing them that we decided to include the information page with each eBook. This information page provides the parent with amazing information that is believed to be true and was confirmed on many sources including America's space agency websites. Facts are simple down and dirty, but bring around great opportunities for the parent to talk and share with their child. The planet eBooks are complete and currently in the process of being illustrated before release. It is our hope that funding form Kickstarter will help bring this series to life.
- eBook 1- Planet overview
- eBook 2- Mars (the closest planet to the sun)
- eBook 3-Venus (the second planet from the sun)
- eBook 4-Earth (the third planet from the sun)
- eBook 5-Mars (the fourth planet from the sun)
- eBook 6-Jupiter (the fifth planet from the sun)
- eBook 7-Saturn (the sixth planet from the sun)
- eBook 8-Uranus (the seventh planet from the sun)
- eBook 9-Neptune (the eighth planet from the sun)
- eBook 10- Pluto (A planet no more)
Future planet series are in the works and updates will be added to our social media pages. We welcome feedback and requests on these pages and welcome your suggestions to help the Future Doctors series grow!!
Disclaimer: Future Doctors is for entertainment and education purposes. It is in no way a guarantee that the recipient will be a Doctor in the future.
Risks and challenges
The biggest challenge to creating this type of subject matter is being able to break it down to a child. The years of working in the hospital setting has given us the ability to simplify many medical topics to those without knowledge of the material that needs to be presented to them.
By using children as test subjects, We were able to get great feedback. Seeing how powerful the books were and how quickly the children picked up the material was an incredible motivation to write more.
Pulling all this information together and then transferring it over to electronic media was its own challenge. Converting to different platforms (apple, kindle, android, etc..) was like learning a whole new language. It was only through our partners computer savvy, and his knowing what questions to ask, that we were able to make this happen.
When we started this project it was very small, it has grown much larger then we anticipated in a very short time. In our minds and now in our outlines we have built something pretty great that we are excited to share with the world!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)