The Modular Geodesic Bio Dome & Micro Aquaponic Kits
The Modular Geodesic Bio Dome & Micro Aquaponic Kits
We are building community bio-dome's using easy modular aquaponic geo-dome kits anyone can build to grow organic food or a dome home.
We are building community bio-dome's using easy modular aquaponic geo-dome kits anyone can build to grow organic food or a dome home. Read more
About this project
Help kickstart an alternate future!
You can help by pledging your pre-order for one of our Micro, Mini, or Food Machine Geodesic Dome kits OR Joining a community dome share project.
Easy to build Geo-Dome & Aquaponic Kits
- Modular wood puzzle geodesic design anyone can build
- Use as a dome home or aquaponic garden
- The Food Machine is a modular kit anyone can understand
- Secure honest food and home independence
- Easily control bi-dome environment & grow in any climate
- Portable and Modular design in micro to macro sizes
You can grow most anything in a bio-dome.
No GMO's No Pesticides No Chemicals Know your food
Grow with only 10% the water usage!
Support a Community Dome Share Project
Also contribute by getting our 3D Printer model files or a Straw Dome model that is fun and easy way to learn geodesics -natures math and structure.
MICRO AQUAPONIC KITS
Re-purpose your aquarium to be an Aquaponic Food Machine!
Baby, Couple, Family & Community Domes
FutureoftheFree.com is a fully community driven website ready to harness the power of people to create new ways of living. The Dome Kits and Aquaponic Kits will also be available and supported by our online community.
We need your support to launch our Community Supported Dome share projects; and we need to get fully equipped to produce the dome kits. This includes purchasing a ShopBot and additional drill presses, saws and most importatnly - some more helping hands.
Join our Community Dome Share Project or get your own Bio Dome Aquaponic Kit
We are starting by getting three local farms set up with our Community Dome Shares and the Learning Dome Living School.
It's a dome home too!
Geodesic Dome kits available in many sizes.
Intelligent Aquaponic Design
- Weather and drought resistant geodesic domes.
- Uses only 10% of the water as commercial growing.
- Self sustaining Solar powered system.
- Plants grow up to 50% faster in ideal conditions.
An open system for everyone everywhere.
- Build a Dome to take control of your food supply.
- Support a local dome garden with a share pledge.
- Organic nutrient rich produce all year.
Easy to build Modular Aquaponic kits.
Micro aquaponic systems for smaller spaces.
- Farm any fish that do well in your climate. Use Tilapia in your tank and get1 lb or bigger clean fish every 8 months. Use Goldfish if you want something quick and cheap to get started.
- Grow nearly anything inside a dome. Simply set the fan and vents to match your climate and season. Even grow bananas in the snow with magnetic polycarbonate panels and climate control.
A call to Northern California locals.
Join a Community Dome Share Project
We are very happy to have connected with local folks that have the same vision and are willing to do the hard work it takes to make meaningful change. We are working with three non-profit's to build domes for their community gardens in San Jose, San Martin and Redding in Northern California. These aquaponic bio-domes will provide food and an exciting learning environment.
Garden to Table: Renovated idle urban spaces into eight neighborhood gardens, Donated over 30,000 pounds of fruit to Central San Jose food pantries by harvesting neglected fruit trees, Started a 1 acre farm and have taught dozens of classes on gardening and nutrition to hundreds of San Jose residents.
Team Tierra: Builder of re-purposed wood creation and community farms serving families & restuarants in San Jose and San Martin, CA. They'll be helping us make and builk the domes too!
A Learning Dome Living School is a sustainable aquaponic garden, in a geodesic dome, built on the most abundant materials and sustainable technologies.
Build in your school, neighborhood, or backyard!
- Nature's geometry & structure
- Sustainable closed looped systems
- Gardening, Aquaponics, & Aquaculture
- Community, Cooperation, & Creativity
Special Thanks to:
- The online community that shares a wealth of knowledge on geodesic domes and aquaponics. You are truly our core team.
- Noel Murphy for supporting our project and producing our video. Noel is an American veteran Stand-up Comedian and a film director and producer of a one-man show Buckminster Fuller LIVE, playing futurist inventor Buckminster Fuller. He recently produced his second feature film: The Last Dymaxion: Buckminster Fuller's Dream Restored
- Liquid Buddah Studios. Thanks to Goa Lobaugh for helping with our 3D Printed models and offering valuable insights. Goa animated the effects you see on Thrive and the HeartMath videos, and has worked with Alex Grey too.
- Team Tierra: Thanks to Jose Anthony Rodriguez for lending his team of experts on Urban Agriculture and the connection to the San Martin farm and others... and working with Zach Lewis to coordinate the Community Dome Share execution.
BIG THANKS to all the incredible Santa Cruz and mountain locals dedicated to local gardens, aquaponics and all things good. It's the heart of the community that empowers us.
The Back Story Kickstarter Video
Risks and challenges
The greatest risks and challenges for our project are in the production proccess. We will need to coordinate the time and materials while leaving some margin of error for the unexpected. As experienced wholesale importers and product developers (see ushempco.com) , we feel that we have enough experience to avoid most misteps. Sourcing materials and dealing with detailed production and marketing are not new to us.
Designing with materials that are ubiquitous throughout the world and easily substituted makes our task much simpler.
Shipping the products is an undertaking in itself. We've used our past domestic and international experience and contacts to prepare for a smooth fulfillment of our orders. Engaging with our community through our website will help us steer straight.
Our grasp of the latest technology (see websitewag.com) and online expertise will make the project go along without glitches.
The Community Supported Aquaponic Dome project is new and will be a challenge. We have partnered with local experts Team TIerra and Garden to Table to combine our experience and resources. This cooperation in building community dome's will support our success and be an example and template for other groups to follow. Any mistakes we encounter will serve to make us better for the next season. We learn continuously and post our pictures, videos, and insights online for everyones benefit.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (40 days)