We lose a large percentage of our body heat through our heads. Most Beanies are itchy and provide zero wind protection on cold days. Add to that many don't pack small enough to fit inside a pocket and require that it be put away inside a backpack or a purse. Meet TATSU, The Down Beanie You've Been Waiting For:
Before we get started, here are 2 things you should know:
We have spent many hours developing the Tatsu Beanie and are now ready to move into production. To make this happen we need your support. A pledge of any amount, however small, will mean a lot to us:
How to wash your down beanie
When properly cared for, your FÜRST Tatsu Down Beanie will last for decades. Regular washing will help your down beanie last longer and perform at its best.
- Machine-wash your down beanie on a gentle cycle at 28 °C (or 82 °F). If it's available, select the ‘extra rinse’ option. Use a down-specific soap or detergent, like Nikwax Down Wash
- Skip the spin cycle. It’s better for your beanie to drip dry and/or use a tumble dryer.
- Soak your down beanie for up to 60 minutes in a sink. Again, go for a down-specific detergent like the Nikwax Down Wash
- Rinse by lightly squeezing out excess water (don’t wring it!) and follow the drying steps below.
- Once the wash is complete, carefully remove your beanie — it'll be heavier than you think — and lay flat to dry on a clothing rack. As you do this, gently fluff up the down.
- It’ll take around 24–48 hours to drip dry depending on the weather conditions. As it dries, keep giving it the occasional fluff, particularly around any wet clumps of down.
- When the beanie is almost dry, put it in the tumble drier on a low heat and check it regularly. To maximize the loft of your Tatsu Beanie, throw in two to three tennis balls, this will really help fluff up your down beanie
Things to avoid:
Down is a tough performer against the cold, but when wet, needs a little extra attention from you. To ensure you don’t damage your beanie, here’s what you should avoid:
- Fabric softener. Stick to a down-specific detergent for the best results.
- Dishwashing detergent. It will strip the naturals fats and oils found in down that prevents it from clumping together and provides the incredible loft associated with down
- A dry clean. The solvents they use in the dry cleaning process can damage your beanie.
- A top loader with an agitator. It’s a rougher wash, and your versatile beanie deserves a gentle hand.
- The spin cycle. Down is heavy when it’s wet, so err on the side of caution to avoid damage.
- Wringing. Don’t wring your beanie, no matter how heavy it is. If you must, gently shake any excess water off while supporting its weight and squeeze out excess water
Risks and challenges
We are so excited about this project. We’ve had many sleepless nights making sure that everything is perfect. Still, we can’t foresee every problem, so we’re committed to fixing any challenges that may arise during the fulfillment process.
• FURST Tatsu comes with a one-year manufacturer warranty. We want to create products that last you a long time, so we back every piece with with a one year manufacturer warranty.
- (23 days)