Debussy Prélude — The Premium, Always Connected Music App Streaming Headphones Engineered for Audiophiles and Music Lovers.
After years of development, we are proud to introduce our innovative high-fidelity music streaming headphones, designed for the audiophile in each of us.
- Built-in High-Fidelity Audio Chain — By integrating audio source, player, analog converter, and speakers in a built-in audio chain, Debussy creates true lossless sound for incredible playback.
- Software-Enhanced Audio — Powered by A.I. and tuned by Grammy winner, Debussy's 'Adaptive Rendering' decodes audio and tunes as you switch musical genres.
- Exquisite Craftsmanship — From components to materials, designer Xavier Houy created a design masterpiece that you'll be fall in love with at first touch.
- Always Connected — As a standalone device, the Prélude can use 4G LTE services to stream your favorite music services, no matter where you are. Prélude can also be paired to any device (via Bluetooth or using USB-C).
- Interactive Controls — Digital touchscreen enables interactive gesture controls, standalone music search, custom album art display, and voice assistant commands.
Our new Debussy Prélude is available in two models, with four styles, and two finishes:
- Debussy Models - Choose between the over-the-ear with a 50mm touchscreen and an on-the-ear with a 40mm touchscreen.
- Debussy Styles - Choose between one of four colors to fit any style and two finishes (leather or velvet) to customize to you.
We've been grateful for the support of these artists and honored with these styles:
- Kavinsky — Caramel color with velvet finishing.
- Justice — Spectre color with velvet finishing.
- Julian Perretta — Champ color with velvet finishing
- Cut Killer — Crème color with velvet finishing
Have a look at some recent press and media reviews of the Debussy Prélude:
Debussy has also been featured in:
After years of designing, engineering and handcrafting, we are proud to introduce you to the Debussy Prélude.
The computing power built into Prélude enables us to take a completely novel approach to earphone engineering.
Debussy's Prelude headphones are beautifully designed for both your eyes and your ears.
Prélude combines the new technology with quality hardware and craftsmanship to make headphones you’ll never stop using.
The Debussy Prélude keeps you connected to your favorite audio streams via 4G LTE, WiFi, or Bluetooth.
Utilizing 4G LTE streaming to bring your favorite artists to your Debussy
Stream directly from your favorite services using 4G LTE signals to keep your Debussy connected. With a SIM Card slot, you can take advantage of dedicated streaming on Debussy alone, without using your phone’s bandwidth or battery.
Debussy’s flexibility allows users to use WIFI and Bluetooth and even a direct headphone hook up for connections when 4G LTE is not available.
Debussy currently works with your favorite streaming services including Spotify, Deezer, Tidal, and Qobuz.
Debussy works on bringing you your favorite third-part music apps to your ears and we will continue to add new services like Google Play Music and SoundCloud in future updates:
- Complete, high resolution is available for services like Tidal and Qobuz, allowing you to listen to music as the artist intended.
- Access expansive media libraries like the 30 million+ songs found on Spotify
- Stream exclusive or curated content through services in the future.
Continue to use Debussy when not using 4G LTE services with local storage and Bluetooth.
When service is not available, Debussy continues to be your favorite headphones through:
- Local Storage — With 32GB of local storage for Prelude, you can store up to 1000 in high quality, lossless FLAC files. Transferring can be done through the USB-C cable or:
- Bluetooth 4.2 — Listen to locally stored music from your phone, tablet, smartwatch, computer, or gaming system.
Debussy will support FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF, MP3 file formats. Additional formats may be included in future updates.
Perfect playback through AI and high-quality hardware.
Debussy merges high-end hardware, technological innovation, and sound engineering expertise into a one-of-a-kind connected headphone system.
The finest hardware in each Debussy Prélude provides a standalone audio chain to process data into sound.
The standalone audio chain (source → player → DAC → speakers) rests inside each Ear Cup and ensures lossless audio by placing together vital components:
- Our processor which is responsible for decoding the source file
- Digital Signal Processor (DSP) used for any audio processing and enhancement
- AKM AK4962 32-bit digital to analog converter (DAC) converts the digital audio signal into an analog signal
- An amplifier: it will "boost" the signal for the transducers to obtain a good audio clarity. Traditionally this has been done as an amp cable plugged into your phone or device.
- S’Next FINAL 50mm Neodymium Magnetic Speakers transform the analog electric signal into sound waves
The Debussy Adaptive Technology gives the sound a new depth; color, tone, and character.
IRIS, our sensational AI program, combined with other data, analyzes the music, music type and artist to apply algorithms and custom predefined settings in order to truly give life back to music and make it sounds exactly like the artist intended in the studio. Those algorithms, called the Debussy Sound Signature Library, dynamically enhance the rendering of the music.
In order to deliver the best audio experience and sound restitution, those algorithms are fine-tuned by sound engineer Antoine Chabert.
At launch, the Debussy Sound Signature Library will cover the most common music styles.
We will release new “Sound Signatures” on a regular basis, through software updates.
In the meantime, we are collaborating with artists to deliver specific “Sound Signatures” that will allow you to listen to your favorite artists’ music like never before.
Debussy is sure to excite audiophiles and music lovers with its lossless audio processing.
Combining the entire audio chain into mere millimeters of space, we limit the signal loss normally experienced with your favorite devices. Debussy, through IRIS, controls the entire audio chain to produce a sound quality that hasn’t been heard before.
- Frequency — Both Models: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Speakers — Prélude Mini: S’Next FINAL 40mm Neodymium magnet / Prélude: S’Next FINAL 50mm Neodymium magnet.
- Sensitivity @1kHz (1V/Pa) — Both Models: 110dB
- Microphone — Both Models: Two unidirectional microphones
- DAC — Both Models: AKM AK4962 32-bit DAC
Listen to your music clearly without any distraction with Active Noise Cancelling technology.
Unwanted distractions come from anywhere. Whether you're commuting, on the plane or walking down the street. To help with this, your Debussy headset analyzes unwanted stimulation by reducing outside noise, and adds a counter sound to cancel.
Your music continues to play without any interruption, even in the noisiest of situations. Active Noise Cancellation can be disabled when needed.
Two microphones capture realistic recordings on the spot.
Both Prélude and Prélude Mini come with 2 uni-directional high-fidelity microphones. Capture realistic recordings at concerts or festivals and share them with your friends who missed out!
In future software updates, we’ll offer truly immersive sound recording thanks to our expertise in the binaural processing, which will allow you to create and reproduce 3D audio content with a high degree of realism.
To embody what Debussy encompasses, Designer Xavier Houy created a work of art- A true homage to music.
You may recognize Red Dot Design award winner Xavier Houy's work in products like QOOQ kitchen tablet, the COGITO watch, or the LOVEBOX.
Drawing inspiration from the history of music, the inverse cone shape of the earphone from wind instruments. Bridged together with quality materials like brushed stainless steel, leather and green sapphire.
Hand-crafted leather and other exquisite materials are used to give Debussy an immaculate finish.
Whether you choose the Debussy Prélude for an over-the-ear fit or the Prélude Mini for an on-the-ear fit, each will be made with the same quality of lambskin leather and velvet that rests against your skin. Both options are completely foldable and withstand fingerprints in their respective stainless steel and anodized aluminum finish.
Your Debussy headset should reflect who you are.
On top of the unique customization settings found in our user experience, we want you to be able to have Debussy reflect who you are.
During our Kickstarter campaign we have a myriad of customizations and upgrades to be offered including custom leather or velvet finishes in multiple colors. Read on and check out the rewards section with details on how to fully customize your Debussy headset experience!
Prélude combines the new technology with quality hardware and craftsmanship to make headphones you’ll never stop using.
By adding a screen to your headphones, the functionality and user interface in Debussy not only looks great but works in an intuitive way.
Debussy is fully loaded with functionality to match that of some of your favorite devices.
With our intuitive touch or voice control, you can take phone calls without ever having to use your phone. You can even access your favorite voice assistant through command words or by touch to get the most out of your Debussy Prélude .
With our companion app (iOS and Android compatible), the headset pairs easily with your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch for remote control.
Control Debussy through an innovative touch interface
The fully integrated LTPS LCD Touchscreen (326 dpi) lets you access your favorite services , playlists and apps. You have complete control and can display:
- Album Covers
- Built-in Visualizations based on music style or Custom Visualizations
- A Personal Message
When needed, the touchscreen can stay blank or simply show the Debussy logo.
Intuitive gesture control lets you control volume and skip tracks without having to take your headphones off.
Slide your finger to the forward or backward to skip or restart a song. Slide your finger up or down for audio control.
We're working with a hands on UX/ergonomic specialist to ensure Debussy's gesture control perform flawlessly. We'll be sure to share some of our developments in campaigns soon to come.
See How Debussy Works in 2:00
Prélude and Prélude Mini are powered by Debussy OS, a custom version of Android OS. The system will be able to receive regular over-the-air updates to introduce new features.
In a near future, we’re also planning to release an SDK, which will allow developers to port their apps to Debussy OS.
How To Order Debussy Prélude
1. Click Back this Project: Select the available reward tier you would like to pledge on the right side of the page or click here. Each backer may only make one pledge.
2. Payment: Enter your payment information. Your payment won't be effective until the very end of this campaign.
3. Size & Shipping Information: Don’t worry about that yet! You will get to select your Color choice and submit your Shipping at the very end of this campaign.
Add On Instructions:
To add one the above options to your pledge, follow these steps:
- Press the 'Manage Your Pledge' button above. If you have not pledged yet, it will say 'Back this Project'.
- Increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box by the total of the add-ons you want to add. For example, if you were to order a Debussy Hard Case for your Prélude Mini, you would add an additional $59 to your pledge. You can add and increase your pledge as many times as you would like.
- After the end of the Kickstarter Campaign you will receive a survey that will ask you questions so that you can explain how you would like the add-on money assigned.
Display Your Debussy Headset:
The minimalistic stand made from anodized aluminum can wirelessly recharge your Debussy headset, so you have always your Debussy ready to go.
Take Your Debussy on the Go:
Our Carrying bag is made from the finest leather and polyester fabric (260gr/m²) with a built-in battery to wirelessly recharge your Debussy headset.
Keep you Debussy safe while on the go with our Hard Case. The polyester exterior wraps around a plastic shell with the interior lined with velvet.
Maximize Your Debussy's Audio Signal:
Improve your Debussy's wired performance by upgrading to either Silver (better) or Gold (best) wiring and tips for using Debussy in the studio.
Customize Your Debussy Headset:
With your initial order, you'll have the choice of velvet or leather. For those looking to use both or to have an extra set of pads after wear and tear, we're offering exclusive pricing during our campaign.
Show your support with our stylish baseball caps. Made with high quality polyester and leather-embossed Debussy logo.
Check Out Debussy's Progress So Far:
Risks and challenges
We have working prototypes that include hardware/electronics but not the optimized audio system.
From a hardware perspective:
We're working on designing our manufacturing plan to streamline the process before mass production. There may be hardware design revisions if required by the audio system or UX Specialist.
As with any physical product, manufacturing can prove to be difficult with regards to timelines, quality control and more. We’re working on defining our manufacturing process and will mostly rely on an industrial partner specialized in high-end audio equipment so that we know we are able to deliver quality products to you.
From a sound technology perspective, we are:
- having experts work with labs and fields experts to make the sound as "neutral" as possible, to deliver a perfect audiophile experience and correct small imperfections from the hardware.
- developing a workbench to distribute to our key partners. Using this workbench, they'll be able to produce their own "Sound Signatures" for specific artists. Using those sound signatures, the headset will render the sound exactly the way the artists intended to, like they do in a studio.
During the project, we're going to run several performance benchmarks and precisely measure the quality of the sound rendered by the headset. During this phase, we may identify technical issues or constraints that force us to rework the hardware or the software. We do not want to compromise the audio quality.
From a Software perspective we're looking at working with UI/UX experts:
- To optimize the user's interactions with the headset and deliver the best experience possible.
- To design a slick and premium UI; we're paying extra attention to details including animations, audio feedbacks/sounds that indicate to the user what actions are done when the headset is used.
A few remaining challenges include:
- Voice command relying on third-party solutions: We may find ourselves limited in terms of performance, offline features or customization. Moreover, voice command will rely on the hardware capabilities, thus we may need to rework the hardware/software to provide a better user experience.
- The screen on the side of a headset: This is not a typical use case for touchscreens. We're doing our best to ensure that the user experience is as smooth as possible and that it leverages the best technologies available for user and machine interaction.
To work through these challenges, we'll continue to develop Debussy in 2-week iterations, then every 2 iterations (monthly) we'll organize users as focus groups to collect feedback. In later project phases, we'll introduce beta testing.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)