• 2-4 Players
• 10-15 Minutes
• Ages 8+
A light, trick-taking card game in which players take on the roles of skillful warriors as they battle it out and attempt to be the first player to run out of cards.
An adaptation of the Russian card game Durak, Battle of Durak features new rules, complex strategies, and a role-playing fantasy twist.
Players take turns attacking and defending with battle and skill cards in an attempt to add more cards to their opponent’s hands while depleting their own.
Strategic hand-building is key to winning the game. Hold on to the right cards, play your characters skillfully, and prepare for the final battle.
• Asymmetric player powers
• Player elimination
• Co-operative play
Become a Skillful Warrior:
• Barbarian: A fearsome warrior with brutal attacks. Even if you are not facing him directly, you are not safe from the barbaric outbursts of rage.
• Mage: A skillful master of illusions. Manipulating the suits and values of Battle Cards to shift the outcome of each battle.
• Thief: A cunning and crafty fighter. Convincing foes they stand against a much more formidable opponent.
• Necromancer: A master of the black arts that has dedicated himself entirely to the dead. Forcing Battle Cards from the graveyard to come back into battle.
• Alchemist: A crazed chemist that creates powerful concoctions. Putting together Battle Cards to create much stronger attacks.
• Assassin: An explosive fighter that hunts from the shadows. Waiting for the right situations to make a critical attack.
• Ambush: Added rules that allow for a more engaging, faster-paced gameplay.
• Team Battle: Create an alliance with another player & attempt to overpower the opposing team.
Combine Skill Cards from multiple game sets to go head-to-head in battle using the same character classes!
Production and Fulfillment:
I've chosen Whatz Games as our printing company. They’ve provided us with a full range of quotes to make sure we can deliver on our promises. Fulfillment will be taken care of by the international logistics company, SendFromChina. To keep shipping simple and fast, all packages will leave the SFC warehouse in Shanghai using International Air Mail with tracking.
*VAT Free Shipping:
Battle of Durak's value is under €22 / GBP £15 / CAD $20 so it is exempt from VAT / HST in most countries. However, please use the EU shipping reward tier for a no risk option that will ship to backers from Germany. Note that it will take longer to ship using this method.
Battle of Durak is a great game. I believe in it strongly based purely on all of the people's reactions while they play the game and all of the feedback I have received from the play tests and events. I believe in BoD so much, that I have lowered the goal of the project from $8,000 to $5,000. I am willing to make the investment myself just to have this game backed and on your tabletops faster and easier. Let's make it happen!
Risks and challenges
Getting Battle of Durak into your hands is my top priority. So, I will do everything I can to keep the process as smooth and as fast as possible. We all know printing, manufacturing, and shipping problems can occur with out warning. Even the biggest names in the industry can run into these issues. Thus, I cannot promise we won’t run into bumps in the road. What I can promise is to always keep you, the backers, in the loop and to stay on top of issues if they do attempt to slow us down.
Thanks for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)