THANK YOU! YOU DID IT!
Thanks to all the backers who made the Slaughterball Kickstarter a success! We're very humbled that you trust and support us enough to back our new game! We're very excited about getting the game into your hands next year!
Did you miss the Kickstarter? You can still help support the game by:
- visiting our website
- subscribing to our newsletter
- adding yourself to the Slaughterball Players Association world map
- liking/sharing us on Facebook
- following us on Twitter
- posting on the Slaughterball forums on BoardGameGeek
- downloading the free Print and Play files and playing the game!
Slaughterball is a competitive board game simulating a ferocious future bloodsport where 2-4 teams of genetically-engineered super-athletes clash in a remorseless steel pit. Score points by making goals and injuring opponents. The rules are elegant and brutal, quick to pick up, but with the strategic depth to fuel endless hours of thrilling victories and agonizing defeats.
- 2-4 players
- Playing time: 30 minutes per player
- Ages 14+
- No assembly required
- Click here for free Print and Play rules and components
- $1 - FAN. Our thanks and your name listed on the Slaughterball website as a backer. Every little bit helps.
- $25 - TEAM. Your choice of one of 8 teams.
- $50 - LITE. 2-player version of Slaughterball.
- $100 - RAZOR. Full 4-player Slaughterball +4 exlusive figs = 56 large figs!
- $150 - BUTCHER. 70 large figs! Lots of extras! SWEET SPOT!
- $200 - MVP. Same as Butcher plus you're name on a collector card.
- $450 - HALL OF FAME. Same as Butcher, plus artwork created of you as an athlete and used on a collector card.
When we hit these stretch goals, additional items will be added to the BUTCHER pledge level or new optional add-ons will become available for purchase. Help us unlock them!
Social goals will help Slaughterball reach as many pledgers as possible. Help us reach more people on Facebook and Twitter! Tell your friends, family, and teammates! Share updates! Favorite tweets!
The butcher Warren Johnston will be added to the Butcher pledge level!
Click here to follow us on Twitter! Retweet our tweets! Inflict maximum tweet carnage!
If we hit 500 backers, everyone who pledges for the Razor or Butcher level will receive a print version of the Slaughterball magazine!
Optional add-ons can be pledged for by adding the appropriate amount to your TEAM or higher-level pledge. Click the "Manage Pledge" button on the top right of this page and add the amount of the optional item to your pledge. When the Kickstarter is over, we'll send out a survey and you can indicate which optional item(s) you want.
You must pledge at the TEAM pledge level or higher to get add-ons.
These are all prototypes and final designs may change. If you have ideas for the designs, feel free to suggest them!
Items marked Kickstarter Exclusive are available only through Kickstarter, conventions, and promotions.
Post-Kickstarer availability (retail/online): I can't guarantee that any of the Slaughterball products will be available at retail/online after the Kickstarter. Distributors/retailers might not order everything, especially from a new company selling a new game like us. They might only want to carry the base game and teams to see how they do, before carrying any of the add-ons. So, even if something is not marked as exclusive, it might not be available in stores.If you want a 100% chance to get the add-ons below, you should consider pledging now.
You can read a rules overview in Update #1, or you can watch these game videos.
10 of 10 board game reviewers agree! Check out Slaughterball now!
The reviews are unanimous! Slaughterball is a winner!
I'm a big board game fan and I've always wanted to make my own. With Kickstarter, I have a chance to get enough funding to make it a reality. I've spent nearly four years working on Slaughterball, and we've invested tens of thousands of dollars to get it to this stage where it's ready to produce. But, we simply can't afford the tooling and production costs without your help.
There's no guarantee that any game stores or distributors will carry Slaughterball, but a good showing on Kickstarter might convince them to give us a look. If you really want to get your hands on Slaughterball, the best and surest way to do so is to pledge here.
So, please consider helping out a new and independent board game that will give you more brutal crunch and strategic thrill than you can handle!
United States Shipping
Frog the What Games is paying for shipping to United States destinations, so no shipping fees to US backers.
DON'T PAY FOR SHIPPING NOW. WE'LL COLLECT SHIPPING FEES AFTER THE KICKSTARTER PROJECT IS OVER.
Slaughterball DELUXE is a very large game. The base game weighs over 3 kg (nearly 7 lbs). Shipping internationally is very expensive for such a large game, but we'll be subsidizing at least $12 of the shipping cost.
Shipping costs for the Team pledge is free to the US, EU, and the rest of the world. If you add any add-ons, shipping increases by $10 for EU and worldwide shipping.
Shipping costs for the Lite pledge to the EU and Canada is $16 and $28 to the rest of the world.
Shipping costs for the Razor and Butcher pledge to the EU and Canada is $36, and $58 to the rest of the world.
I'm sure we all know that shipping rates increase frequently. Don't worry, though. We will cover any shipping rate increases between now and when we ship. Your shipping rates won't change even if ours do.
Even though this will be difficult for a small startup company like us to absorb, we want to help get Slaughterball into as many international hands as possible. We're doing everything we can to get Slaughterball to you, the Global Slaughterball League players, who are supporting us, and we are very thankful for your support.
All components shown are prototypes. Athletes supplied unpainted.
Risks and challenges
Masters and digital files for all of the following base game components are ready to begin production: 2D artwork, dice, tokens, plastics, cards, and reference cards. The rulebook is still being edited and playtested, and we'll continue to tweak it until production starts.
The biggest risks for Slaughterball include:
• Unexpected production issues. We're working with Magicraft Co. Ltd. They have a great team and I'm sure they'll be able to minimize production risks. However, there could be unanticipated issues that might impact the production schedule.
• Shipping delays. Depending on the production run quantity, shipping could be delayed to coincide with other shipments so as to fill an entire cargo container. Other shipping delays might also arise (weather, regulations, pirates, giant sea-monsters, icebergs, time-travelling interlopers, etc.).
• Customs delays. Slaughterball is so exciting that I wouldn't be surprised if Customs officials want to pop open a box and play it themselves before passing it on. Well, maybe not. But it is possible that the shipment could be stuck in Customs if some random inspector wants to give it a thorough twice-over.
• General peril. If Mt. Rainier erupts, there's a good chance fulfillment will be delayed. Injuries or illnesses can also cause delays, but I try to avoid hungry bears, rooftop parkour, zombie outbreaks, and other perilous situations.
Risks for the stretch goals and add-ons include all of the above, plus possible artist issues (such as illness, injuries, family emergencies, and so on). So as not to delay delivery of the base game, stretch goals and optional stuff will ship later (aiming for Q3-2015).Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)