Bard's Gate is a full color, 500+ page city supplement, detailing the city and lands nestled in the shadow of Stoneheart Valley. Hundreds of shops and merchants populate the city, and adventure lurks behind every corner. Full-color illustrations of Bard's Gate's notable inhabitants, along with beautifully illustrated maps and a 6-panel poster map enhance the sense of wonder the city brings. Bard's Gate also features eight different adventures in and around the city, taking characters from 1st level to 10th or higher.
The city of Bard’s Gate sits at the heart of the The Lost Lands campaign setting. From here trade routes connect to the north, south, east, and west and gold flows through the fingers of the corrupt and the righteous. A city of artists, thinkers, and innovators, Bard’s Gate stands at the very forefront of civilization and is seen as a shining example of human endeavor by some ... and as a stinking cesspool of greed and manipulation by others.
Sometimes known as the City of Thousand Gods, Bard’s Gate has no less than two High Altars to major deities of the Lost Lands, yet both are in decline, and small shrines or street chapels to countless other deities, some of whose rise to popularity has put them on par or even ahead of the old gods of the city. At the same time some of the most powerful cults of evil deities and demon lords thrive within the city under the very noses of their bitterest enemies.
Known alternately as the City of Bards or the City of the Lyre for its famous Bard’s College, many of the greatest heroes of the lands got their start in Bard’s Gate or at least passed through it at some point in their careers. And the many bard’s tales and songs that were first penned within the city prove the truth of these claims.
If Rappan Athuk has been the foundation and Barakus the bricks of the Lost Lands from its beginnings with Necromancer Games, then Bard’s Gate is the mortar that has held it all together and given GMs the means to both connect the many, many adventures and game products of the last decade-and- a-half and from which to launch many a campaign.
Now with the release of The Lost Lands: Bard’s Gate, the original Bard’s Gate book by Necromancer Games is updated to Pathfinder, Swords & Wizardry, and 5e rules and is greatly expanded with new city areas, new adventures set in and around the city, and a ton of new background information including internal and external politics, military influence, and a Lost Lands timeline of the area that extends back almost 10,000 years and firmly cements numerous Frog God Games and Necromancer Games publications into their place in the Lost Lands.
- $12 B&W Player's Guide
- $12 Bonus B&W Modules #1
- $15 Full Color Vellum Map of Bard's Gate (LOCKED)
- $40 Full Color PDF
- $100 Full Color Hardcover Book
- $200 Full Color 77"x71" Bard's Gate City Map
- $325 Full Color Leather Book
- $1750 Full Color Metal Book - Custom Blacksmith Forged Cover on your full-color Bard's Gate book: add this to your pledge and you'll receive one of our incredible custom blacksmith forged cover which are hand sewn bound with thick rough leather bound spine. You may select either Pathfinder, 5e or Swords & Wizardry game system. Metal books will not be available outside of the Kickstarter. They will ship separately from your hardcover books and are estimated to arrive in March 2018. Metal books include free vellum map add-ons if the maps are unlocked.
- $75k – B&W Player's Guide to Bard's Gate Unlocked! The Kickstarter price is $12, and the book will retail for $15 after the Kickstarter.
- $80k – Bonus Module #1 Unlocked! The Kickstarter price is $12, and the book will retail for $15 after the Kickstarter.
- $85k – Tales Pack #1 Unlocked! This Tales Pack contains 3 stories based in and around Bard’s Gate: $2 PDF
- $90k – Encounter Seed Cards #1 (City Encounters) Unlocked! The Seeds deck contains 52 adventure seeds for encounters in the city. The Kickstarter price is $12, and the cards will retail for $15 afterwards.
- $95k – Bard's Gate Rumor Cards #1 Unlocked! The Rumors deck contains 52 rumors circulating in the city. The Kickstarter price is $12, and the cards will retail for $15 afterwards. The Rumor deck is different and distinct from the Seeds deck.
- $100k – Color Vellum Map Unlocked! Real vellum, slightly translucent -- this is the ultimate player handout or framed wall hanging. The Kickstarter price is $15, and the map will retail for $20 after the Kickstarter.
- $105k – Tales Pack #2 Unlocked! The second Tales Pack contains 3 more stories based in and around Bard’s Gate: $2 PDF
- $110k – Bonus Module #2 Unlocked! The Kickstarter price is $12, and the module will retail for $15 after the Kickstarter.
- $115k – Encounter Seed Cards #2 (Wilderness Encounters) Unlocked! The Seeds deck contains 52 adventure seeds for encounters in the wilderness regions around the city, or for general use as a wilderness encounter deck. The Kickstarter price is $12, and the cards will retail for $15 afterwards.
- $125k – Bard's Gate Rumor Cards #2 Unlocked! The Rumors deck contains 52 rumors circulating in the city. The Kickstarter price is $12, and the cards will retail for $15 afterwards.
- $150k – Every hardcover book comes with a free poster-size Player Map
- $246,542 - ??? We don't what what it is, but Bill promises it'll be really cool!
In Association With:
Epic Pledge Levels
TEMPLE DALLAS: Bard's Gate Leather cover +Hardcover +PDF plus all Stretch Goals that have been reached (ALL FREE!!!) plus all shipping charges for these items anywhere in the world (FREE!!!) plus join the Froggies at North Texas RPG Con 2016, where we will pay for:
- Your convention badge
- Your hotel room
- Your meals and beverages
All you pay is your transportation to and from the convention!
Shipping charges apply as normal for any additional purchases through Backer Kit.
NUCLEAR TEMPLE DALLAS: everything from the regular Temple Dallas, PLUS you'll also receive a Metal copy of Bard's Gate!
We had the option of collecting shipping fees during this Kickstarter campaign or through BackerKit. We have decided to collect shipping fees through BackerKit for the following reasons:
- Collecting shipping fees during the campaign artificially increases the funding level of the campaign.
- Collecting shipping fees through BackerKit prevents our backers from having to pre-pay for shipping months in advance.
- By collecting shipping fees shortly before fulfillment, we will be able to most accurately determine shipping costs based on actual book weights instead of estimating.
All backers are required to pay additional shipping charges beyond their pledge. Please refer to FAQ at the bottom of the page for estimated shipping charges. These charges will be assessed for payment upon completion of a BackerKit survey which will sent after the successful conclusion of this Kickstarter.
Risks and challenges
Our only foreseeable risk is if our production facility gets backlogged or if there is a production delay. Our printer is a large producer of college text books and yearbooks, so depending on the time of year they can have a suddenly busy production schedule. We have been using them for our big books for the last 5 years, and they have always been reliable, but if our order gets caught in a text or yearbook crush it can cause delays in the printing. This has not been a problem to date but is always a remote possibility.
A production delay could include lost files due to a computer crash (we have backups), or if one of our key people suffers real-life difficulties such as illness, etc. The books are already written, so this risk is mainly at the layout and shipping phases.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (42 days)