RACES in Stash: Human, Dryad, Trulloc, Lukoi, Catfolk and more to come.
Before we get into the update on races, I have some announcements!
Twitter Dev Q&A: Thursday, August 14, 1pm EDT - I will be doing a developer Q&A on twitch with Indie. He will show our video and then I will take questions about Stash. Please join us! Spread the word and if you know anyone on the fence, have them join the stream. http://www.twitch.tv/indie
Spread the Word About Stash!
At the time of this update, we are a hair under 50%. From now on it is completely up to us as a community to build interest and keep momentum going. How to help:
- Social media: Post your own messages and RT/share ours.
- Word of mouth: Nothing is stronger than speaking directly with a friend and telling them all about Stash.
- Reach out to bloggers or web sites you follow. This should be done in a natural way, not an organized spam campaign. Reach out to them via email or twitter. Tell them about this cool and original game called Stash and ask them to cover it. I believe this goes over better when they hear about it from players.
- Do you have ideas? Share them!
These are all hugely effective ways to spread the word. Everything you do multiplies the actions of everyone else. It is a team effort!
Races in Stash
Your race selection most significantly impacts your character's roleplay and cosmetics. There are gameplay effects as well that you should take into consideration.
Known for their versatility and adaptability, humans populate all the regions of the world. Humans come in all shapes, colors, and forms. They are the most common humanoid race and are distinguished primarily by their varied cultures.
- Stat Modifiers: 2 points to spend on the stat(s) of your choice
- Possible Abilities: enhanced leadership (buff while partied), fast learner (short term XP earning boost on a long cooldown)
A mysterious race of women, dryads hail from the ancient forests of the world. They carry the beauty of nature with them wherever they roam.
- Stat Modifiers: +2 Charisma
- Possible Abilities: fascinate (mez enemies), forest attunement (faster regen and movement in forests)
With their stone-like skin, trullocs call the mountains and deepest regions of the world home. The texture of their skin reflects the variety of the earth. Trullocs are of course renowned for their great strength and massive size, but they are also known for their precise hihn architecture: a complex science and art involving higher mathematical principles.
- Stat Modifiers: +2 Strength
- Possible Abilities: indurate (toughen stone skin temporarily)
Lukoi are a bipedal lupine, ursine, or canine race also known as lupkyn, archaically. Their social structure is pack-oriented. Much like their canine cousins, the lukoi exihibit a wide variety of appearances. They fight with determination, fierceness, loyalty, and unbridled joy. They are distrustful of catfolk with whom they have a many millennia old rivalry.
- Stat Modifiers: +2 Constitution
- Possible Abilities: harry (distract an opponent in battle), scent (detect nearby creatures)
Catfolk are a bipedal feline humanoid race, possessing tails and fur with markings. Having long endured racial oppression at the hands of the lukoi, they feel they are now, at last, entering their Golden Age. Sleek and powerful, catfolk prowl the land seeking mystery and adventure. Their feline appearances span a range of color.
- Stat Modifiers: +2 Dexterity
- Possible Abilities: perk (listen to nearby sounds, communication), filet (filet a fish with your claws)
Potential Future Races
The following are all humanoid races that are part of the world of Primordiax. One of our many long term goals is to someday have all of them in Stash.
Dwarf: A human-like race, short, stocky and dense. Stoic and hard-working, their culture centers around mining and building.
Kestrel: An avian humanoid race with bird-like facial features including a beak. They are also feathered and possess wings, although they are flightless.
Leklek: A short human-like race, different from extinct gnomes and present-day dwarves. They are renowned builders and inventors with advanced tek.
Salamae: A bipedal salamander-like humanoid race, possessing tails and a highly refined sense of direction. Their culture is tribal and sometimes xenophobic.
Scorpien: A bipedal scorpion-like humanoid race, possessing exoskeletons and tails. Antennae-like protrusions adorn their heads, and their culture is highly regimented and militaristic, placing extreme emphasis on child-rearing.
Talayi: An elf-like, humanoid, demi-aquatic race, possessing webbed hands and feet. They are theorized to be the distant descendants of the extinct elves.
How Do Races Affect Stash?
Stats: There is a small stat effect based on your race. That is explained in our STAT update.
Abilities: You will gain a handful of interesting, but not overly powerful racial abilities. These definitely add variety to your gameplay but are not a huge balance changer.
Cosmetics: They are significantly different in look and silhouette. They have their own armor looks, animations, sound effects, etc.
Roleplay: Some NPCs will react to various races differently. Some players may decide to play their character with prejudices, biases, or affinities towards certain character races.
Classes: All races can choose all classes. This is true for the four primary classes, but there may be racial restrictions for some of the future classes. We do that with great caution, however, because we like to maintain as much flexibility and variety as possible.