About this project
Often surprising and at times risqué, FRIEND or FAUX inspires players to get personal, share stories, recall memories and will make you laugh until it hurts.
- Players earn points by correctly answering five rounds of increasingly revealing questions. The twist? The players need to answer the questions about each other.
- With features like "Prove It" and the "BULLSH!T" card, you'll be sure to keep it real and may discover that your friends know you better than you know yourself.
- Tally your correct points on the scoresheet. The player with the highest combined score WINS and has proven to be more FRIEND than Faux.
- To avoid some really awkward moments, we recommend this game for players ages 18+ due to the risqué nature of some of the cards.
- Game play can take anywhere from 30-90 minutes depending on the size of the group.
- FRIEND or FAUX can be played with as little as two players, but the more the merrier! That said, we've found groups of 6-12 players to be the most common scenario.
- 250 Question Cards
- Scoresheet Pad
- 6 pencils
- Endless Funny Stories!
“I absolutely loved, loved, loved playing FRIEND or FAUX. What a great way to get to know people….. Brilliant!” - Germain S., Denver CO
"We laughed until we cried, and know entirely to much about each other now!" - Sarah M., Perkasie, PA
"This game was a blast, I can't stop giggling to myself! I want to play it again!" - Aly W., Portland, OR
"By the fifth round you pretty much expect no holds barred with the questions." - Mike A., Portland, OR
"Hilarious! Great way to spend time with friends and a good way to get to know someone REALLY well." - Kim G., Colorado Springs, CO
"I had no idea my sister-in-law was crop dusting people on airplanes." - Brett C., Portland, OR
“This game is shocking!” - Julie A., Portland, OR
"So entertaining! A great ice breaker game to get to know people and you can play with strangers or best friends." - Alyson T., Dallas, TX
- This is YOUR game - a game by friends, for friends! We have listened and shaped the game based on feedback from over 300 play-testers, like yourself.
- We need your support in order to place our first production run with a manufacturer here in the U.S.
- You will have the satisfaction in knowing you helped bring FRIEND or FAUX to life, and in this digital age of ‘faux’ Facebook friends, there is nothing more refreshing!
Chrissy Fagerholt, Colleen Stalwick, Jodi Sagastume and Melissa Derby are four friends who realized, when life took us in separate directions, all we wanted was an excuse to get back together and when life gave us the opportunity to do so, FRIEND or FAUX was born! A Stay-At-Home-Mom, a Client Relations Director, a Physician's Assistant, and a Dental Hygienist comprise the creative team of Easily Amused Productions, makers of FRIEND or FAUX.
Risks and challenges
After two years of concept design, play testing and prototyping, we are finally ready for production. We have carefully and thoroughly vetted manufacturers locally and abroad and have chosen to select a company here in the U.S. based on industry reputation, quality of prototypes, and responsiveness. We feel confident this decision will ensure a smoother process and quicker turnaround time for you.
We simply need to meet our goal and we will be ready to press ‘print’. Meeting our goal will allow us to provide games to all our backers and have a small amount of inventory to start selling online and in boutiques. The funds will go toward production of the Kickstarter campaign, production of the game itself, shipping, and Kickstarter fees.
We conservatively estimate a turnaround time of 10 weeks and will keep you updated on the progress along the way. That way you’ll know when to start planning your FRIEND or FAUX game night and get to playing!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (31 days)