About this project
Like Fresh Pastry Stand on Facebook.
Visit Fresh Pastry Stand on Etsy.
EDIT! Additional rewards announced today (AUGUST 7) for the $35 level--available in the US only. Your choice of a vintage goblet pillar or a vintage tumbler pillar. Here are pics!
EDIT: Oops! My plan is to fill your rewards by Christmas 2012, not 2013. I cannot make edits on the rewards so I am posting this info here.
My goal is to treat my Kickstarter as a pre-sale. Total deals below. Enjoy the shopping experience! *Major sweet spots @ $35 + $50 + $100 levels!
If you have an Amazon account, checkout is a breeze! If you don't have an Amazon account, it is simple to get one! Your account is charged only if my project achieves full funding at the end of 30 days!
All candle rewards will be shipped in time for the winter holiday gifting season (more commonly referred to as "Christmas").
At the end of my Kickstarter project, you will receive an email from me with a form for all of your information--mailing address, size, etc.
Shipping is free within the US. For international supporters, please add the required shipping amount specified at your level.
Money raised on Kickstarter will go to fund my business goals and pay for fulfilling your Rewards. The money raised is subject to 7% in fees from Kickstarter + Amazon. Money raised on Kickstarter is treated as taxable income.
About the artist: Justin P. Moore is an American born artist/designer living in Berlin, Germany. A world traveler by nature and vegetarian by heart, he is presently working on a vegetarian cookbook inspired by his adventures. His Kickstarter campaign to fund his book will launch soon.
REWARDS LITE $8 Letterpess Postcard with Original Artwork
SAMPLE PACK $15 Vintage Art Deco Lipstick Tube cast as Beeswax Candle + Letterpess Postcard
VALUE PACK $35 Five Beeswax Candles + Letterpress Postcard
ART PACK $50 17" x 24" 2-color Hand Screen-printed Poster with Original Artwork (edition of 150/signed + numbered) + T-Shirt + Letterpess Postcard
GIFT PACK $100 15 Candles + Letterpess Postcard
MOO PACK $150 Six Vintage Dairy Bottle Candles + T-Shirt + Letterpress Postcard
VASE CASE $200 7 Milk Glass Vase Candles + T-Shirt + Letterpess Postcard
COLLECTOR'S PACK $225 12" x 17" (42 x 30 cm) Original Handmade Blockprint (signed and numbered by the artist in Berlin) Ultra Limited Edition of 5 + Set of Boston Vintage Bottle Candles + T-Shirt + Letterpess Postcard
MEGA DEAL $300 Amber Bottle Candle Collection + Frenchie Line + 15 Candles + T-Shirt + Letterpess Postcard
ARTIST PROOF $350 12" x 17" (42 x 30 cm) Original Handmade Blockprint (signed by the artist, Exclusive Artist's Proof, 1 of 2) + Vintage Poison Collection + T-Shirt + Letterpress Postcard
CRAZY BIG CANDLE PACK $400 Big Set of Really Big Candles + T-Shirt + Letterpress Postcard
About Fresh Pastry Stand
In February of 2012, I opened my Etsy shop, Fresh Pastry Stand, making cake stands from vintage china. Right away, the response was great. Apartment Therapy gave Fresh Pastry Stand some press and the Jamie of My Baking Addiction threw a little cake stand love my way on her Facebook page. At the end of June, I was contacted by Fab.com to run a cake stand sale with them (it goes live October 16th!). So definitely this business has legs and is headed in the right direction.
Because the cake stands are made of vintage elements, they are either one of a kind or limited editions. This is not a great recipe for selling wholesale.
Which brings me to the candles.
About Fresh Pastry Stand Beeswax
Keeping with the core customer base (women buying gifts for weddings, showers, or themselves), sticking with the vintage aesthetic, and always staying true to what I love, I'm moving forward on a line of vintage inspired beeswax candles. Candles are a popular item. There's entire stores and supermarket aisles devoted to them!
Fresh Pastry Stand Beeswax is a tactile, sensual product that is functional as well as artful. The candles are primed for wholesale as they are an item that I can reproduce on a larger scale in my home studio. In addition to retail boutiques, I plan on selling my candles at art and craft fairs, outdoor markets--any place with rows of white tents and someone undoubtedly playing a didgeridoo!
Why I'm On Kickstarter
I started Fresh Pastry Stand with my Hanukkah money (thanks Mom & Dad!) as well as a good chunk of change from our family savings. To get my candles ready for retail, I need to make lots of molds. The materials for mold making (silicone) is really expensive! Other costs I face: business insurance, packaging, printed materials, beeswax in bulk.
Overfunded? Don't worry. I won't be buying my 3 kids braces with that money. I will sink it all into the business...and fulfilling your rewards. There is a lot to do to get this business growing and every dollar helps. Advertising, a proper website...and more silicone and beeswax!
- Milk Glass Vase
- AND MORE!!!!! LOTS MORE!!!!
Above is a list of the different vintage inspired candle lines. The plan is to sell the candles in my Etsy shop but also to get the lines in appropriate retail boutiques. I believe the candles make great gifts or mementos. Baby shower? How about a few candles from the Nursery Line! Trip to New York? Don't leave town without a vintage New York apothecary bottle cast in beeswax! Wedding? Decorate your table with Fresh Pastry Stand Beeswax milk glass vase candles! Don't forget to send your guest home with a half pint vintage dairy bottle candle as their wedding favor. They will remember your special day every time they gaze upon that gorgeous candle.
About Beeswax Candles
Beeswax Facts & Burning Tips
- Beeswax candles burn clean! They actually purify the air by releasing negative ions!
- Beeswax is non-toxic and non-carcinogenic!
- Paraffin (what most conventional candles are made of) is a petroleum by-product and totally not good for you!
- Soy candles are affordable but are often GMO and heavily sprayed with pesticides!
- Fresh Pastry Stand Beeswax candles are never varnished! You get a pure candle that burns pure!
- Bloom! is a white dusty coating that, over time, will cover the surface of your candle. This is a good thing because it proves that your candle is absolutely 100% pure beeswax! You can remove bloom by wiping your candle with a soft cloth or, to restore the fresh out of the mold luster of the candle, you can wipe the candle with a cloth dabbed in a little pure cooking oil, like olive or coconut.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4" for best burn results!
- Due to the un-uniform size of Fresh Pastry Stand Beeswax molded candles, some dripping may occur. Always burn candle on a candle plate. If candle drips, you can extinguish flam by dipping in wick and then break off drips and add them to the wax pool. This will extend the life of your candle!
- As the candle burns and the walls soften you can either push the soft wax walls into the center wax pool or let the candle burn down with a wax wall. It's up to you!
- Burn away from drafts, open windows, air vents. Don't leave your burning candle unattended!
- Elaine & Arthur Bialow--The best parents a girl could have. Thanks for the seed money!
- Betsy & Larry Mirel--A girl couldn't have more generous and supportive in-laws!
- Babu--You've been terrifically supportive with this endeavor. Thanks for helping with the Baby Bears, being so patient with me, and just being an all around swell husband!
- Justin P. Moore--The artwork is AMAZING!
- Yufeng Zheng--The video is the visual crux of this project. You did a fab job!
- Stephen Bender--Thanks for lending me your intern!
- Mohini Krueger--Thank you for always having time to listen to my next crazy idea!
- Binne Lotus--Thanks for all the Etsy support...and the cashmere bees!
- Laura Levitt--You always are so supportive, encouraging, inspiring!
- Heather, PJ, Morgan, Syd--Your love sustains me!
- Helen, Wayne, Sam, Paul--Feeling more connected to you guys every day!
- The Sutherland Family--Good neighbors make great friends!
- The Gardner Family--Just putting you guys down here so you'll feel obliged to participate!
- All of my friends on Facebook who give me the love and confidence to pursue my dreams!
Support this project
- (30 days)