You cowork? you teamwork? then you should TEAMDESK ! the most flexible desking solution that enhances agile collaboration and individual well-being.
>> The 5 main assets of TEAMDESK for you
- 1 - Most agile desking solution for coworking & teamworking
- 2 - Unparalleled agility : grow, reshape and adapt rapidly
- 3 - Improve well-being, focus and commitment
- 4 - Powerful space-optimizer
- 5 -Fun business tool to boost collegial creativity and build that essential sense of camaraderie
>> 5 reasons why you should pledge now :
- 1 - Only your pledge can make it happen, we need a large first order.
- 2 - Here and now is the cheapest and fastest way to get TEAMDESKS
- 3 - You are a pioneer in building a collaborative solution that will change the workplace as we know it.
- 4 - You get world premiere goodies :-)
- 5 - 30-days moneyback guarantee (only for kickstarter !)
> Optimal solution for coworking. Two brains achieve more : put two TEAMDESKS head to tail, each worker can better concentrate on his/her screen (no disturbing eye contact or foot contact) and better collaborate (easy co-reading of screens + large shared working area + face to face discussions).
> IBM-approved peer-programming solution. IBM BlueMix in Nice has tested, approved and adopted this very innovative peer-programming setup. Each coder easily concentrates on his own screen and live communication face to face is very efficient. Each coder looks at the screen and his/her peer simultaneously !
> TEAMDESK sustains your growth. At every stage of your growth you easily add the relevant talents whilst enhancing your team identity, balance, focus and cohesion. The revolutionary geometry and lightness of TEAMDESK allows you to reshape and rescale your workspace fast, and adapt to the changing needs of the project. It generates playful mobility and unparalleled agility.
> Boost commitment. Each TEAMDESK is essential to every configuration, very much like each individual contribution matters to the team. That sense of belonging and identity contributes more than ever to the motivation of one and the performance of all. Both for introverts and extraverts. You achieve more. Better. Together.
> Improved well-being. The surrounding desk generates a prodigious working ergonomy. Stop overstretch : with TEAMDESK you have 30% more deskspace at hand compared to rectangular desks. Additionally, support for elbows prevents spine injury and backaches. TEAMDESK also enhances your daily comfort thanks to factory-fitted courtesy screen, handy retractable bag hook and worktop plugs . And since each TEAMDESK is individual, built around you, TEAMDESK becomes your very own well-being territory. Profoundly personal.
> Powerful space-optimizer. Each TEAMDESK position saves on average 20% of valuable floor space compared to standard solutions. No need for additional mobile tables: TEAMDESK is both hyper-mobile and power-supplied. For space optimization or contingency workers, TEAMDESK is also easily stackable. What will you do with all the extra space ?
> Business tool for innovation. Agility and flexibility are redefining "work". New technology also contributes to lightness and mobility at work. The stylish, fun and inspiring shape of TEAMDESK in your workplace generates a new form of dynamic collegiality that catalyses exacerbated creativity. "Teamdesking" is a radically new working experience.
> Easy to assemble. Teamdesk is engineered with very few parts in order to make it very easy to assemble in 10 minutes max.
>> World premiere goodies. Only on Kicktarter.
# TANGRAMINO : This is a mind-challenging game mixing Tangram and Domino that I inadvertently invented when testing the various configurations of TEAMDESK. I love both these iconic, timeless, minimalist and universal games. I will provide a few shapes to start with and I count on you backers to find plenty of interesting new ones !
# RETRACTABLE BAG HOOK : It feels so obvious once you have it : You flip it open and you can keep your belongings safely close at hand. Your bag remains clean and protected off the ground. The hook is curved and soft to protect your legs and clothes. It is also retractable to fit discreetly under any table or desk.
Plain colour : red, azure blue, vivid green, white, black wood feel : textured light oak
White or Black as standard Stainless steel (please add manually 40€ per desk on your pledge)
>> Technical specification
- Weight : 26Kg - 57lbs
- Desktop structure CTBH plywood, CNC cutting
- Desktop finish High Pressure Laminate
- Frame structure 20x20x2 steel, CNC bended
- Frame finish Epoxy paint
- Electrical gear 2 plugs on top + 2 plugs below + 2 daisy-chain cables + 1 power cable Made in EU with care and passion
- Dimensions : 100x150x72 – 39”x59”x28”
>> Manufacturing Timeline
- Oct 2017 Kickstarter launch
- Dec 2017 Shipping goodies (Tangramino + Retractable bag hook)
- Jan 2017 Finalise tooling & packaging
- Feb 2018 Manufacturing
- April 2018 Start shipping TeamDesks
>> How did I get there ?
A friend of mine had the dream to refurbish a local office building into a google-inspired "work & life" centre. I tried to bond the new philosophies of collaborative work (more collaborative, more flexible and reconfigurable workspaces) with the existing open-space floors. On this occasion I understood that agile collaboration, team cohesion and individual well-being foster together the motor of every business at any scale : creativity.
Since I could not find any satisfying furniture solution that would cater for individual well-being + team cohesion + fast reconfigurability, I took the initiative to design one myself.
I used my higher maths background, my childhood design appetite, and my love of Tangram to figure out a new geometrical shape that would allow reshaping of 2 to 12 units or more. And Eureka, here came TEAMDESK.
2 TEAMDESKS are the first brick for team-building : 2 people working together with added individual comfort and improved mutual performance. For example for project-based peer-work (like architecture, advertising etc..), or peer-programming (in the coding industry). From here you can easily grow and reshape your workspace whilst enhancing cohesion and identity. The versatility and tangram-like simplicity of TEAMDESK has a striking elegance that helps people work better. Together.
>> Why I need your support ?
Both the legs and wooden parts require CNC machining. That is an expensive process which requires specific tooling and setup. The only way to get a decent manufacturing price is to place a large first order.
Since the DNA of TEAMDESK is teamworking, I want you backer to be part of my team, I need you to make it happen. You, dear reader, you are my chief ambassador ! please help me spread the word and share this initiative generously !
To thank you backers for your support, here is your kickstarter exclusive : If you pledge to support TEAMDESK on Kickstarter and you decide it isn’t for you within 30-days of receiving it, you may return it to us for a full refund. No questions asked.
>> Family Team
Anna Pogorzelska is my wife, we have been working together for the past 12 years. She is very meticulous and diplomatic. Being trilingual (French, English, Polish) she mostly deals with our various european manufacturers and overall supply chain.
Frederic Beatrix, that’s me. I am currently the Head of my own architectural firm (building carefully crafted projects for fantastic open-minded clients). I am thrilled to be launching this very exciting new venture..and I cannot do it alone : please hop on the team and back this exciting project now !
>> Why your team needs mobile desking ?
- ” Great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.” Steve Jobs
- " The workplace of the future (...) will be something that we can flex everyday to a different requirement" Angus Knowles Cutler - DELOITTE
- "Desking systems will have variable capacity to accommodate rapid changes in workplace populations and will incorporate rapid and easy reconfigurability."DEGW - The Impact of Change
- " Future offices will be adaptable and more collaborative " GENSLER - Design Forecast 2015
- " Organizations offering a 'shaping' capability may realize greater success" KNOLL Adapatable by design
- " Creativity means movement, and literally offices must allow movement" Erwan Bouroullec - product designer
- " TEAMDESK is a revolutionary solution for agile team-based desking" Hamdi Guezguez - MMOSER Shangai
Risks and challenges
We have been working for a few months with several high-quality european manufacturers. The idea is to have a close look on quality-control and quality shipment. So that we can get you great products, quickly and safely.
Additionally we have selected 2 contractors for each part of the TEAMDESK in order to prevent any failure in the supply chain.
Nevertheless, hardware can be hard. Should their be a spanner in the works, you can rest assure that we will keep you informed and take all action to deliver great teamdesks asap.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)