Freakvibe: Near Field Portable 2.1 Music Docking Station.
Freakvibe: Near Field Portable 2.1 Music Docking Station.
Freakvibe: the first Near Field Portable 2.1 Music Docking Station in the World. Works with all smartphones. Supports Wireless Charging
Freakvibe: the first Near Field Portable 2.1 Music Docking Station in the World. Works with all smartphones. Supports Wireless Charging Read more
About this project
@@ REMOVABLE CHARGING CONNECTOR @@
We have developed a removable charging connector, so you will be able to switch between 30pin, lighting, mini USB and micro usb.
@@ 29/10 UPDATED DESIGN @@
We have updated the design of Freakvibe. Now it will deliver best sounds. Freakvibe can now dock and charge your iPhone, iPod and iPad.
Freakvibe is the first music docking station for iPhone / Android and any other smartphone or MP3 player that doesn't require any kind of connection to work.
SYNCLESS, WIRELESS, UNIQUE
Freakvibe allows you to listen to high quality music without having to make any kind of connection thanks to electromagnetic Near Field Interaction.
In fact, by simply placing your device on the top surface of Freakvibe, your music will be reproduced in high quality through an exclusive system of audio transfer that we called "Syncless".
Freakvibe works with any Smartphone, iPhone, Samsung, everything that plays music out of a speaker, NFC is not required.
In addition Freakvibe supports the Bluetooth Connection and is able to play your music even at distance.
Freakvibe also works with older mobile phones!
AMAZING SOUND QUALITY
Most portable music docking stations compatible with smartphones and MP3 players on the market do not have an acceptable sound quality.
Our goal is to develop a device capable of reproducing treble and mid sounds clearly with deep bass, even in mobility.
Freakvibe has an audio quality better than you would ever expect from a mobile device thanks to high-quality stereo speakers and the small
but powerful subwoofer.
FREAKVIBE REALLY BLOWS YOUR EARS AWAY AT FULL VOLUME! IT IS IDEAL FOR PARTIES, BEACHES AND SO ON!
!! WIRELESS CHARGING !!
Freakvibe is also available in the Wireless Charging version (149$ and 189$)! Freakvibe Wireless Charging will be QI Compliant and will support many devices like Nokia Lumia 920. For the control unit we will use the Texas Instrument BQ500211 chip. Specs here: http://www.ti.com/product/bq500211
Freakvibe Syncless Audio mode will be disabled during Wireless Charging. Wireless charging will work only when Freakvibe has been connected to the power adapter.
We DID it! At this stage Freakvibe can amplify sound and receive data (through sound modulation) at near distance. Now comes the most enjoying stage: design and software. The prototype shown below can amplify music and receive data without any kind of connection.
@@ 29/10 - DESIGN OF FREAKVIBE HAS BEEN UPDATED @@
We think that product design is one of the most important things to consider when working to a new product. We left product design minimal but cool.
We are still studying how to organize the internal space to get the best sound quality, for this reason the final design may vary little before launch.
WE ARE WORKING TO GET THE NEW CNC PROTOTYPE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
Buying Freakvibe you will also have access to Freakvibe Cloud, an online service where you can upload all your music and reproduce it in streaming wherever you want, on your iPhone, Android or your PC.
Including the purchase you will receive 30 days free of Freakvibe Cloud. If you like you can continue to use Freakvibe Cloud by paying a small monthly price.
Freakvibe runs on a 32 bits ARM9 CPU (Freescale i.Mx). The firmware is based on Linux Kernel and can demodulate the data signal coming from your smartphone. In this way we are able to transfer data without the use of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or infrared.
Using frequency modulation (low volume ultrasound) Freakvibe can display on the LCD Screen the title and artist of the currently playing song, and it is able to synchronize the clock and alarm. To make it simple, we can transfer data without any kind of connection.
Anyone can extend the functionality of the device having access to the internal APIs and the firmware source codes. Imagine, for example, you will be able to transfer your Notes to your PC by simply placing your smartphone on Freakvibe.
In the next two months we will develop Freakvibe firmware and APIs and we will start to produce the final-version outer shell. Mass production will start within Feb 2013. Shipments will start on Mar 2013.
LIMITED KICKSTARTED EDITION
Only through Kickstarter you can purchase the Limited Aluminium version, with custom inscription included.
· Stereo Speaker (2x 3 Watt RMS)
· Frequency response: 55-20000HZ (+-3DB)
· Dynamic Bass Boost
· Mini Subwoofer (5 Watt RMS)
· QI Wireless Charging Station. (Syncless Audio disabled when wireless charging)
· Syncless Near Field Audio Amplifier· Apple 30pin, Lighting, Micro/Mini USB interchangeable charging connector (To recharge your phone)
· Audio input / output (jack 3,5mm)
· Access to Freakvibe Cloud
· Li-On Rechargeable battery (up to 4hrs of music playing)
· Bluetooth 4.0
· LCD screen with backlight 1.6'' (256k colors)
· Open-Source Linux Firmware (32bit ARM CPU)
· Size: 130x70x55 (mm)
· USB Power supply
Everyone can have a great idea and maybe develop it. The problem is to distribute that idea to the world. It's very expensive. That's why we need your support on Kickstarter. Thanks to your support we will make our dream comes true, and we will start to distribute the very first great and cool Portable Music Docking Station to the world :)
DO YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT?
If you saw the project and maybe you also like it but you have some doubts, and this stops you from pledging, tell us why, we will really appreciate it!
@@ WHAT IF WE REACH 150k$ ? @@
- YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN WHITE AND BLACK COLORS
- FREAKVIBE WILL HAVE WIFI CONNECTION! YOU WILL BE ABLE TO STREAM MUSIC THROUGH YOUR FREAKVIBE CLOUD, SOUNDCLOUD AND DROPBOX ACCOUNTS!
SHARE THE PROJECT ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND EVERY SOCIAL NETWORK TO HELP US REACHING THIS TARGET!
FOR BACKERS ...
You will get Freakvibe before it comes to the Stores! First pledge first deliver!
WHO IS FREAKIN BYTES?
Freakin Bytes is the company that started the project, located in The Woodlands, Texas, and it is formed by
- Andrea Pezzino (CEO, University of Florence, Product Designer)
- Vittorio Monteverdi (CEO, Studying @ California Polytechnic State University)
- Luca Bertelli (CEO, University of Florence, Software Engineer)
- Jacopo Vanetti (VP Engineer, Founder of JUSP)
Our passion for technology lead us to study and design Freakvibe. Our goal was to create a new, useful, innovative product. So, why don't make it for Music? We all do love music and when we discovered this new technology our all attention was focussed on this.
- Does Freakvibe reproduce music through a microphone?
- No. It uses Near Field Electromagnetic Interaction generated by speakers to reproduce sounds, in this way the sound is noise-less and clear.
- How can I choose between the lighting connector or 30pin old one?
- When funding ends you will be asked which connector do you want.
- Can Freakvibe transfer music through the Lighting Connector?
- No. Freakvibe can only charge your iPhone 5/iPod5, new iPad 4 through the lighting connector.
- Will wireless charging work with every device?
- No. Wireless Charging will not work with iPhone, iPod and other devices that does not support wireless charging.
- Does your smartphone need to play @ high volume to be captured by Freakvibe?
- No. Freakvibe is able to reproduce sounds at high volume also if your smartphone is playing the music at very low volume. This ensures a great energy saving.
- Do I need a Freakvibe Cloud account to use Freakvibe?
- Absolutely not! Freakvibe Cloud is an extra service.
- It will be possible to control the output volume directly on Freakvibe?
- Yes! Of course.
- Will Freakvibe work only with iPhone ?
- Absolutely not. It will support every kind of Smartphone or MP3 player with speakers.
- Does Freakvibe works with a phone case?
- Of course! You won't need to remove your phone case because it can't screen electromagnetic fields.
- What is the Syncless transfer rate of data on Freakvibe?
- We are still working to make the algorithm perform better. For now we are able to transfer data @ 2400 bps.
- Is Syncless data-transfer bi-directional?
- Actually not. Freakvibe act as only as receiver. As for now it is able to transmit data only by bluetooth or USB. Developers will be able to make their custom implementation to let it transmit data through sounds.
For further information please contact us, the best questions will be posted in this section.
BG & Logo Music: Cj Sever - Summer Holidays
Broke For Free - The Great
Risks and challenges
NEAR FIELD SOUND TRANSFER
Time ago we noticed that bringing a playing speaker near a transformer generated a current like an antenna. There started our project. Thanks to the help of an electronic company in Bologna (Italy) we were able to transfer sounds at very near distance without the loss of quality. Our first thinking was directed to portable music docking station and how
they are inconvenient to use.
PORTABLE SUBWOOFER, REALLY?
Speakers aren't necessarily required to be big to work better. Sounds vary greatly depending on the space in which they are reproduced. That's why the mini subwoofer
included in Freakvibe will work, and it will deliver basses like you don't expect for such a little device. We are still studying the organization of
the internal space with the help of the electronic company. For this reason the final product design may vary little from the above images to get
the best sound results.
ENTER THE WORLD
Actually, the biggest challenge is to bring ideas to the world. It's really expensive and we cannot do it without your help. So if you love music
as we do you won't be disappointed by our project
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (44 days)