by Frankenspiel Ltd.
Is the charger and case included or do you have to buy it separately? If so how can I do it because kickstarter only allows one pledge per account.
@ JB, Fernando Jasso & Cameron Cooke: Thanks so much for your comments!
@ Kevin Bramley: All the long term battery tests that we have done point to the battery holding it’s charge for an exceptionally long period.
This is a reply to bsl100 which we also posted to the comment page.
We think this reply will also answer the questions from Kirill, Georg Hartmann, Edwin Law & Joscha Haering:
@ bsl100: Thanks very much for the compliments, we try to do our best in getting back to you, as soon as we can.
1. What are you using for playback? For recording the sound we used the equipment we had available which was this setup: a Tascam Dr-40 and a Røde VideoMic Pro.
2. The bit rate of the music files played was 320 kbp/s.
3. We used the same music files, playing from the same phone, at the same volume levels. Both speakers were at the same volume levels at the same distance from the mic.
4. We don’t have the budget, nor the time to do multiple comparisons because we need to focus our time and energy on the project.
5. We chose the Jambox because its widely used and probably the most wellknown in the category.
We should add that both speakers were at full volume.
And we would also like to add that at the end of the day we aren’t specialist recording engineers, we’re trying to do our best with the equipment we have at hand.
Were both speakers at full volume?
As a backer of what now seems to be a fantastic product, please can you confirm how well the battery holds it charge, as this is a problem with the alternative product that you compared against.
Thanks in advance
May I add a point to my earlier post.....
Sound from both speakers are scratchy. Its more pronounced with the FS-X as its more louder than the Jambox and shows off more of treble, midrange and upper bass.
So, its an issue with the recording or quality of files on the source device or BOTH.
Appreciate the different styles of music displayed though.
If both speakers are at full volume that is very impressive for the price you are offering. cant wait for this great little speaker
Congrats on the funding goal being reached and hope that all stretch goals are also met.
You are a team who are very proactive and have listened to your backers and responded pretty fast to our queries and request.
I have a few points with regard to the video:
1. Very bad recordings. What was used to record.
2. Sound was very scratchy. What were the bitrates.
3. Sound through the FS-X was much more powerful. But, you need to specify the distance at which both were recorded, the volume on the source device, the volume on the Jambox needs to be on full as there is no volume control on the FS-X.
4. Please compare with the minirig speaker. Its a 3 inch driver with 60 hr backup. Though only playable through 3.5mm aux input, its a small 7cm x 10cm cylinder speaker which has a 15 W peak. Its costing 89 GBP and would be the ideal product to compare.
5. The Jambox is now passe and is no comparison for any decent portable speaker.
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to make the sound demonstration. Have full faith in what you're doing, and proud to be a backer.
Honestly both speakers sound pretty weak in this video, but the Frankenspiel does come off as much better, the Jawbone sounds so muddy.
Maybe a better video with better audio capture would do both speakers more justice.
Are the volume-settings on the iPhone the same for both speakers?
should have put it agensed the bigger one, or the big bose bt speaker
The difference is huge and Im only listening through my 5S speakers. Im eager to get my pair and try them in real life. Great job!