by Frankenspiel Ltd.
If Frankenspiel could tell us more about the issue, that is causing the delays, we might understand better. If it's a problem between the people in their team, they should really get this sorted out. These problems are none of our business, but only causing us frustration about delays.
But if it is a technical problem, they should communicate a little more open about it. Perhaps there is an electronic expert or a good embedded systems programmer among us, who is willing to advise (signing an NDA, if needed).
Nine days ago, there was a talk about an update in "couple of days", you should have said a couple of weeks, but more to the point, why are you asking people to give you more money when you have yet to deliver a product? I just get the impression that this is a "we are almost done" situation that goes on forever and forever. Also, maybe I am just being an asshole, but did you not notice that you still have the copyrighted image on a lot of the FX-S pictures on your website, as well as the icon for the website? After all of that discussion about image causing so many legal issues, I would have thought you would have taken the time to clean everything up by now, or do you want some lawyers to rear their ugly heads again to cause yet more delays? I mean, come on guy, get your act together. I am still hoping to get a wonderful product in the end, but I am having my doubt about this kickstarter.
Where is the update you have promised us? If there's a problem or issue then please notify us, silence is the worst update you can give once you have already promised an update in a couple of days (over a week ago).
Hi - I am interested in ordering a second speaker to complete a stereo set. Could you please send me the discount coupon/code? Cheers, A
This couple of days is so long it's starting to feel like a week !
See? Do you see what comes from your failures to be transparent and honest? You clearly don't actually care. You just created another wave of bad blood with virtually everyone. You said you'd give us an update in "another couple days" and you have NOT done so. Even if you update today, whoever wrote update #53 lied. Had you had even half the respect you show your alleged "development team," you'd have at least responded AS PROMISED by now to give a new date-certain for an update. You did not do so.
I must say, I for one don't care at all that you might have to back-peddle on something because your Development Team disagreed with something posted to all of us. Why don't you do what you should be doing: COMMUNICATE?
You write, "We want to make sure we are certain of our direction and we are on the same page as our development team before we share this with you so that you are well informed." This is a lie: it is, if anything, laziness. We are NOT being well informed at all. I definitely prefer to be FULLY INFORMED with what you got and what you know at the time you say you are to issue an update. Go ahead and f/u with another update that corrects any errors (Oh boo hoo your non-communicative development team didn't like what you wrote? SO WHAT?) if you must. Just don't keep doing what you are STILL doing to all of us: being evasive, failing to communicate, failing to update, failing to offer any timeline, failing to provide meaningful information (whether it needs later correction or not).
Hat's off to you folks for destroying the little bit of good will that was emerging from what now turns out to be a false turn for proper respect to backers. Every day that goes by now with no answer is poisonous.
If I had to describe this entire experience in one word - ABYSMAL
I can't imagine any other projects on here are as vague and aloof when it comes to being in touch with their backers. Will we even get our speakers by 2015?!
Also my payment information has changed since I first put details in, mainly due to the fact that it has been almost 9 months since I pledged!!!!! I need to know how to change my credit card details on the backer kit website as all I seem to be able to do is add another credit card to my profile.
A COUPLE isn't a WEEK! :-(
"We have some very important information to communicate to you all. We want to make sure we are certain of our direction and we are on the same page as our development team"
This sounds to me like there's still nothing to show, 6 months after these were originally to be delivered (admittedly, the delivery estimate was wildly optimistic, and I'm very sympathetic to kickstarter projects which run over the initial estimate)
The problem I see is that, if you're still unsure that you and your development team are on the same page, this far along, it doesn't instill confidence.
In addition, the development should be well and truly finalised, by now - if you haven't moved on to production, yet, I can't see these arriving by July of this year!
To be taking MORE money from people for extra units seems, at best, insensitive to those of us who've already given you our money (for a pair, in my case), and at worst, a dishonest attempt at getting more funds before it becomes obvious to everyone we're chasing vapourware, here.
The last 3 months+ have been "updates" with more holes than swiss cheese.
Maybe, rather than trying to get more money, or providing us with vague info on some future-utopian circumstance where all these (as yet non-existent) devices you offer can automatically pair and utilise one another's capabilities, the best way forward is to provide some substantive info, make honest commitments that you can actually keep, and then keep them.
Under promise and over deliver. At the moment, you're doing the opposite.
That would go a long way, in my mind, to demonstrate that we will actually see a return on investment.
So this is what I mean about missing out on other good deals while I wait for more bad news about delays here.
Klipsch have their £250 bluetooth speaker down to £89 on Amazon right now. I normally like Klipsch products and would buy it but instead I'm stuck thinking that the Creator of this project has promised us the FS-X several times already and is supposedly shipping to us within January.
I'm not about to throw money away on the Klipsch for no good reason however it would be good to know if the FS-X is coming or not so that I can decide rather than being constantly dragged around with promises that are never filled.
I am interested but seriously, I though these would turn up last year. I understand that things go wrong and expectations cannot always be met but as other alluded to here, sometimes it's better to set lower expectations and win than set higher expectations and fail. I thought I had missed something important as I don't seem to receive messages or notifications so hadn't heard anything in ages, turns out nothing much has changed... I will say though make sure it works before sending out, you have taken the time to get it right, but I backed another kickstarter and the product was terrible, useless. And that was even after massive delays... Please get this one right or I'll loose faith in kick starter :(
Well seeing as they said that they had hoped to have the video out before the 19th doesnt really bode well for anything being sent out to us in the short term. To me it looks like there's yet another delay and they dont have their one let alone ours.
I wouldn't be too disappointed if I could get a refund. I mean it's been a long time since I backed this project and since then several good deals have passed me by regarding other bluetooth speakers. Yes they may not be as good as the idea of the FS-X. Sadly that is all the FS-X is at the moment though. Just an idea.
A couple is two, no more. Why Frankenspiel feel they can't be honest with us and just tell us what stage they're at is beyond me. It looks like the planned late December production didn't happen or the website preorders would have had to decide the faceplate colour already.
I agree with Jianwei and John. Really disappointed and hoping to see a shipping date/estimate by the end of the week. A couple of days shouldn't be more than a week right?
Thanks for the update. I have a question - is there any news on the demo video you were planning to release? I know you said that you were waiting on the new demo boards from China - have these arrived yet?
really disappointed in you guys. all that anticipation for the product. just give us a date already.
FS should never say "in a couple of days" without listing the SPECIFIC date certain. So we'll hear before Friday January 23? This update is supposed to be about the shipping date. FS be specific!!! Thanks...
The update although seemingly another unannounced delay still has no Jan 2015 delivery schedule and says something about faceplate choices which I am sure we have completed.
It seems this offering of a stereo option (which I commited to originally!) is another way to justify the delay in delivery of the original orders. These offers to upgrade to stereo sets should be done with a coupon code and should only delay those that make the choice to upgrade not to those of us that commited from jump street! The update which is more of the same needs to instill confidence in your supporters and my opinion has not done so! I like your products and still have faith in the kickstarter system honesty is the best policy and I think the sugar coating and beating around the bush is exhausting! Just tell those of us who have skin in the game the truth, we are adults and if it is gonna be 4 weeks say 5 and get it done in 4-1/2 and be the hero instead of telling us what we want to hear! Truth is the truth and the rest is waste of breathe.
I'm waiting for reactions like: You're not buying something in a shopping mall, you're backing a entrepeneur or idea. Frankenspiel said in a previous update that the next product also would be sold on kickstarter, because the costs are low etc.
Well, I don't choose to support a compagny who give not always honest information and to much wothless promises.
Be honest, transparent and don't make promises you can't keep! Promise-management!
I'm afraid Maikel Lodewijk is right.
Ok let me tell you what the next update will be like:
We are very sorry but because of the Chinese New Year we can't start production until mid March so delivery will be moved till further notice (april/may)
Again mark my words... ;-)
Well additional speakers are worthless to me as I pledged for a pair already. I'm not interested in this, I for one, would like to get some real updates on the current status of the FS-X development and when they are ready to be shipped to all your backers.
Wouldn't regaining trust from your backers be the number one priority instead of taking more money from us?
Well, someone in the dev team needs to be replaced. Original time estimate was two month from kickstarter funding (May-July). We're now going on nine nine months. Since nothing seems to go smoothly I'm guessing the speakers will be ready this summer, if ever.
Wow, after three weeks a really worthless update! Please don't make any promises anymore.
I thought there was supposed to be an update on shipping dates?
Yawn. . .
So, when we will get our speakers?