FAB! Festival from the Ground Up
10 years ago, we started throwing an annual block party to showcase the cultural activity in the East 4th Street Cultural District. This event has grown into the annual FAB! Festival, a celebration of arts and cultural activity from across the Lower East Side (and beyond!), which features free performances of dance, theater, and music, as well as arts activities for folks of all ages on East 4th Street between and Bowery.
A Community Effort!
We compare the work of this project to a “barn raising,” where members of a rural community bring their resources and skills together to help build a barn. It’s a large, ambitious undertaking, but through the collective efforts of our community, we make it happen every year – and it’s a BLAST!
What We Have & What We Need
We have over 50 artists eager to participate in this year’s festival, many of whom are donating their time, talents, and energy to present new works. However, it’s no secret that this has been a tough year for NYC, leaving us with fewer resources than we need to produce this annual favorite.
So, on the cusp of this event, we are turning to you to help us with an urban “stage raising” for the Festival!
Though raising a stage is just one part of part of the large project to produce the FAB! Festival, multiple costs are involved, including
•Equipment rental and transportation
•Manual labor for set-up and take down
•Dressing rooms and security
•MCs & event programs
The Festival is 80% funded but we need your help to raise the remaining 20% to raise a stage!
By donating to the FAB! Festival stage raising, you’re providing the tools, the nails, the platform, the crew, and the structure to support a group of incredible artists to present their work and showcase how deeply rooted arts & culture is in our community.
If you’re interested in donating, check out our list of donor rewards. Find something that you feel passionate about, and back our stage raising!
Risks and challenges
Even though the FAB! Festival is a one day event, it represents the community building that we do all year round. We have encountered countless challenges when producing this massive event, from bad weather, to illegally parked cars, to every technical mishap imaginable. Our team is seasoned and ready to put on the best festival yet – we just need your support to raise our stage! Back the FAB! Festival, and we’ll do the rest.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)