Vaults is a strategy card game, designed for 2-4 players and set in the steampunk world. Each player assumes the role of crime lord with one goal in mind: the pursuit for riches that are secured in locked vaults. Plan your moves carefully, pick your crew, equip them with exotic tools and send them to do what they do best. But not all vaults store riches inside them. Even the simplest of vaults can result in a failed crack and a trip to the police station for your crew of handpicked safe crackers. To keep things even more interesting, players can gain access to disrupt cards. These cards add another layer of tactic to the game and can provide significant advantage to one player while causing all kinds of problems to the carefully laid out plans of other players. Challenge your skill and test your luck against Vaults to find out do you have what it takes to become the true crime lord.
- Think smart and outplay opponents in this action management game
- Decide which crew members you recruit, based on their skills and abilities
- Choose the right tools for the job; not all vaults open to brute force, some may require advanced mechanical knowledge or excessive amounts of explosives!
- Plan whether you go for low risk approach or push your luck against high risk vaults
- Enjoy beautiful, hand drawn artwork complimented by sleek design
- Play right out of the box – no extra dice or tokens needed
- Customize win conditions and play the game in a way you like most
- 30 Crew member cards – with numerous skills and abilities
- 8 Crew boss cards – each with their own unique ability
- 10 Disrupt cards – with multiple choice effects
- 20 Tool cards – no crew is complete without one
- 27 Vault cards – with different difficulty and crack outcomes
+3 Vault cards aka "The Beast" (1st stretch goal unlock)
- 4 Turn Sequence cards
***Box design is not final
Hi again! We are still a group of fresh independent game developers and this is our second attempt on public release of this card game. The passion for creating new games is still strong and we are still working hard to bring new, exciting games to life. We are proud to proclaim that, between the four of us, there is more than 60 years of tabletop gaming experience and while some would think those years are wasted we wouldn’t give them up for the world. Table top gaming is a great way for social interaction and we are grateful that there is a lot of gamers out there! Without further ado we give you us, the Vaults team.
The answer is very simple: You. When last campaign didn’t reach its goal we received a lot of supporting mails. You guys are the reason why we decided to give it another shot. From that point we worked hard to fully cover the expenses for the artwork and design in order to lower the campaign goal. And once more we find ourselves at the turning point. We’ve made it this far and now we need your help. We need funds to cover the costs of printing, packaging and shipping. With your support, we can make it happen!
Risks and challenges
We are firmly committed to make Vaults a successful project and we can assure you that many hours were spent in preparations and planning towards minimizing risks of backing this project.
However, there are still some obstacles we could encounter along the way and are classified as:
First/Second project – Although this is the second Kickstarter project we've created, it is not the first game we've designed and we do have experience in running a multi-phase project. Nevertheless, there may be ways we could run a project better that we haven't yet discovered.
Delivery date – our current estimation for delivery is December 2015. There is always a chance for delays caused by third parties. Please understand that this is the last thing we want to happen as our primary release goal is delivery of the game to all backers on time.
Natural disasters or “acts of God” – sadly, we cannot take responsibility for such events, but will try to act immediately and sort out damage control.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)