About this project
Vaults is a strategy card game, designed for 2-4 players and set in the steampunk world. Each player assumes the role of crime lord with one goal in mind: the pursuit for riches that are secured in locked vaults.
Plan your moves carefully, pick your crew, equip them with exotic tools and send them to do what they do best.
But not all vaults store riches inside them. Even the simplest of vaults can result in a failed crack and a trip to the police station for your crew of handpicked safe crackers.
To keep things even more interesting, players can gain access to disrupt cards. These cards add another layer of tactic to the game and can provide significant advantage to one player while causing all kinds of problems to the carefully laid out plans of other players.
Challenge your skill and test your luck against Vaults to find out do you have what it takes to become the true crime lord.
- Think smart and outplay opponents in this action management game
- Decide which crew members you recruit, based on their skills and abilities
- Choose the right tools for the job; not all vaults open to brute force, some may require advanced mechanical knowledge or excessive amounts of explosives!
- Plan whether you go for low risk approach or push your luck against high risk vaults
- Enjoy beautiful, hand drawn artwork complimented by sleek design
- Play right out of the box – no extra dice or tokens needed
- Customize win conditions and play the game in a way you like most
- 30 Crew member cards – with numerous skills and abilities
- 8 Crew boss cards – each with their own unique ability
- 10 Disrupt cards – with multiple choice effects
- 20 Tool cards – no crew is complete without one
- 27 Vault cards – with different difficulty and crack outcomes
4 Turn sequence / Character summary cards
Hi, we are a group of fresh independent game developers and this is our first attempt on public release of card game. We are proud to proclaim that, between the four of us, there is more than 60 years of tabletop gaming experience and a strong passion for creating new games. Our goal is to establish a small business, achieve world domination alongside those two lab mice and deliver fun tabletop games. Without further ado we give you the Vaults team.
It was more than a year ago since the first vault was cracked, but even then we knew that this game deserves to be published and let loose among the general population. With that resolution in mind, we worked hard to polish the game mechanics and add to the gaming experience through the numerous iterations of the game and different approaches to the fine art of vault cracking.
Now we find ourselves at the turning point. We've invested our own money in the game design, artwork, prototype printing and all other associated costs of getting the game created and tested. But we need your help!
We need funds to cover costs of final design, printing, packaging, shipping and stretch goals. With your support, we can make it happen!
Risks and challenges
We are firmly committed to make Vaults a successful project and we can assure you that many hours were spent in preparations and planning towards minimising risks of backing this project.
However, there are still some obstacles we could encounter along the way and are classified as:
First project – Although this is the first Kickstarter project we've created, it is not the first game we've designed and we do have experience in running a multi-phase project. Nevertheless, there may be ways we could run a project better that we haven't yet discovered.
Delivery date – our current estimation for delivery is December 2014. There is always a chance for delays caused by third parties. Please understand that this is the last thing we want to happen as our primary release goal is delivery of the game to all backers on time.
Natural disasters or “acts of God” – sadly, we cannot take responsibility for such events, but will try to act immediately and sort out damage control.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)