Sticky Bees: Unleashed is the deep and addicting sequel to the "slide-smash" original Sticky Bees. Fun for absolutely anyone age 1-100!
"Freaking addictive!" - FOX TV
"My new go-to casual gaming experience." -Revision 3
"Simple and satisfying." - Joystiq
"Fast paced with tons of action." - Smartphone App Review
"Bash bugs with bees to bopping beats!" - App Advice
"The adorableness of Sticky Bees hides a tough but fair difficulty curve and a smattering of strategy." - Pocket Gamer
Download the original!
We could type all day with the reasons you should support Unleashed, but nothing may be more convincing than playing the first Sticky Bees! If you haven't, go download it right now and see what the critics were talking about!
Here's what to expect
- The revolutionary “slide-smash” gameplay returns
- Innovative “sticky chain” action increases multipliers on the fly
- New “endless runner” format with robust in-game store and economy
- Perfect entertainment in small bursts and extended play sessions
- “Toy mode” for endless smashing - perfect for small kids!
Sticky Bees: Unleashed is easy to pick up and exhilarating for any human being with fingertips and reflexes!
The premise is simple: The player uses his finger to slide the King Bee into enemies as he dodges oncoming obstacles and collects pollen (the in-game currency). Every enemy except bosses are a one-shot kill. If the player slides King into a Sticky Bee, it attaches to King like the next link in a chain. The more Sticky Bees in your chain, the higher the pollen multiplier yet harder to navigate obstacles.
This game is all about breaking stuff, building your chain, going the distance, collecting pollen, spending pollen on a variety of upgrades, and endless replay value.
The bulk of the Kickstarter money will be going toward new art as well as a concentrated, full-time effort on programming to make it the deep, polished and wildly fun and accessible game Sticky Bees: Unleashed should be.
More content, more excitement, more casual, more hardcore, and more addiction now in an endless runner format.
"More content" was the cry. And we agree with you wholeheartedly. Not only that, but we are taking the groundbreaking "slide-smash" gameplay on the run - running to the right specifically.
We believe that the addictive and easy-to-learn slide-smash play of Sticky Bees would fit perfectly into the endless runner format that is free to play. No more looking left, up, or down - all the obstacles, enemies, items and more come rushing and crashing in from the right side as levels scroll by and change as you continue racking up your pollen!
Unleashed will feature:
- Bigger variety of items and upgrades
- More missions
- Addicting in-game currency/economy
- Monthly content updates
- Clothes: Different armor or clothes to outfit both the King and Sticky Bees. (Santa and elves, turkey costumes, ghost costumes, hispter outfits, football helmets, etc.)
- Avatars: Different player characters entirely. Instead of King and Sticky Bee, they’re replaced with Big wasp and little wasp, hummingbird and baby hbirds, Cupid and cherubim, etc.
- Bee Mods (these affect the player character abilities): Items that appear in game. You can also buy modified version of these for a higher pollen amount. Items may include things like freeze enemies, invincibility for Sticky Bees, stinger guns, etc.
- Perks (these affect pre or post gameplay experience):Gaining advantages by paying for them. Extra life (come back to life), buying specific missions to guarantee appearance in the "random" assortment(instead of earning it), buying extra Honeycomb tokens (to play the post-game bonus minigame), etc.
- Gizmos (These affect the in-game environment):Things like double crosser (every 10th enemy turn on its own), coins more often, tokens more often, slo mo, speed up, etc.
Not to mention some new enemies, bosses, obstacles, and all the depth of content you would expect from a polished, triple-A App Store effort.
Get it early! Be a bee in the game! Design some stuff!
Not just your name in the credits, but your design or even your likeness! Take some time to check out all the ways you can have an impact on this title!
Plus, there are some truly killer rewards that will leave you buzzing...Okay we had to make a buzz pun at some point. But seriously, look: music, hi-res art books, personalized songs and even HD video thank yous from the original dev team? Sweet.
Creative Director Matt Cox will even fly to your town and take your family out to dinner with one of the funding levels!
Creative Director Matt Cox, after working on the Destroy All Humans (THQ) franchise and on the original Scribblenauts (Warner Bros., 5TH Cell) as lead designer, left the games industry in 2009 to pursue non-gaming opportunities. With those efforts in full swing, he re-entered the gaming industry with the same passion he had working then.
"I want to take risks with genre-defining ideas. I love designing gameplay that can be fun in small spurts, but has the depth to hook my more hardcore gamer instincts."
After putting together a small team with Michael Rowland, Palmer Davidson and Brock Brown, taking on an intense, part-time development schedule and a very small budget, Sticky Bees was released in February 2012. The team makes up the indie studio Fourfire and Sticky Bees was their very first title.
More versions for YOUR device!
While some stretch goal levels are still TBD, you can be assured that they will go in this order:
$38,000 First stretch goal: Android version
$TBD Second stretch goal: Facebook, browser version
$TBD Third stretch Goal: 3DS and/or WiiU eShop
If you have questions, we have answers!
Scroll up to the top and submit a question in the comments tab and we'll answer it as soon as we can!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
The core gameplay is already done and proven. The development will mainly be content focused. We know the game already works so it's merely a matter of programming time and creating more content!
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.