It all began with snow...
Mr. Lars Foss, a Danish inventor was in the artificial snow business. He supplied his snowflakes to many Hollywood movie productions. For years he had seen his factory workers resting comfortably on big bales of snowflakes during their break times, until one day the idea finally hit him.
He discovered that with some modifications in the making process, the artificial snowflakes could provide a unique and sensuous comfort as filling in pillows and comforters.
He patented his technology and took his pillow to the USA, which he believed would be the best market for his invention. It was a huge hit in the hotel industry. The snowflakes pillows were put into thousands of guest rooms by some large chain hotels such as Hilton.
Today Mr. Lars Foss' son Adam has taken over the business. Adam has an ambition to bring the the products to individual consumers. He teamed up with top Danish designers and engineers, and spent years revamped his fathers big idea.
After a serious of successes around the globe (Europe, Japan, Australia and China), USA is now the destination back to where it all started.
Learn more about the story in Danish:
Introducing Fossflakes Superior Pillow
The No.1 selling pillow in Japan's largest TV shopping channel in 2012-2013
4'500 pillows were sold within 10 minutes of the debut show Less than 1% return rate
The Magic of the Pillow
- Each flake is as unique as a snowflake. It is characterized by its own pretension and memory. The weights of your head, neck and shoulders are evenly distributed and supported by the pillow. Common pressure points are eliminated.
- Longer lasting volume and support. Tested by labs and approved by luxury hotels. The life time of a bed pillow can vary from as short as 3 months to years. The fill is the key to its durability. We did a stress test on our pillow with a 20lb weight pressed down the pillow for 4000 times.The result is significantly better than other materials, which means you will worry less about the pillow losing its volume and support.
- Temperature regulating. Fossflakes traps heat, are breathable and keeps a pleasant temperature – will keep you cool when it is hot. How many times have you waken up in the middle of night hot and sweaty on your head because of the pillow? Whether the pillow is down & feather, memory foam or polyester fibers, it always build up heat. Fossflakes Superior Pillow helps you sleep cooler.
- Maintains performances after washes. Our pillow can be washed up to 50 times without clumping.Maybe you don't wash your pillow very often. But with the Fossflakes Superior Pillow you should. Because our pillow actually gets fluffier after washes. That is also one of the reasons our pillow was chosen by the luxury hotels as they wash their pillows over and over.
- 100% cotton cover
- Blended with 70% Fossflakes and 30% special polyester fibers
- Available in Standard (20 x 26 in), Queen (20 x 30 in) and King (20 x 36 in)
- Available in Medium-Low and Medium-High
- Machine washable and dry-able •Hypo-allergenic
- Made in Denmark
Bonus storage/carry bag is included. Also made in Denmark.
To Get a Good Night Sleep:
Meet the Snow Team
If you have any question, please send us a direct message and we will answer right away.
Thank you and enjoy a peaceful night of sleep!
Risks and challenges
We brought in a small lot of pillows to California to support this campaign. When you pledge for the early bird delivery, we will ship right away.
We have so much more exciting ideas to offer, including some amazing comforters, specialty pillows and baby products. Beforewe can do it, please help us kickstart our business with this campaign. We are still a small company but with big ambitions.
Denmark is a land of fairy tales. Our snow-inspired pillow may well be one.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)