About this project
Need a good laugh? Like dogs? This is for you!
In more than 125 portraits of over 120 dogs enjoying and eating (or attempting to eat) peanut butter, you'll see our best friends loving one of their favorite treats throughout this 100+ page book. From chihuahuas to mutts, great danes and french bulldogs, each image bursts with hilarity as we see a range of faces....and twisted tongues.
What are you supporting when you back this project?
- Self publishing costs. We want you to have a high quality photo book and are using a great printer. We're hoping to get picked up by a publisher soon!
- Graphic designer to help with layout
- Delivery/Shipping costs
- Satisfaction of knowing that you were one of the first to own this book!
- Peanut Butter of course!
I like to make people happy and laugh through my photography. And animals, specifically dogs eating peanut butter, happen to be a great source for those two things.
Ways to use this book:
- To make people laugh
- To make people smile
- As a gift
- To make your dog(s) laugh
- To make your cat(s) laugh
- To make yourself laugh and smile
- To put on a coffee table
- Reading material for clients and guests
The money raised will go to photographing the dogs and creating the books (high quality photo books are pricy without a publisher backing you. I don't want you to have a sub-par product)....and buying a couple jars of peanut butter of course;) A significant amount of my time will also be taken up developing the book and processing your orders once the book is ready.
As of March 22nd, 2016 I've photographed 47 dogs. That's only taken about 5 weeks as I'm photographing 5-8 a week! My plan is to photograph about 30-40 more over the next two months. The waiting list is long. As you can probably guess, it's not difficult to find dogs and their parents who want to be part of this hilarious book.
A majority of the dogs photographed for this book are rescues. If you plan on going to a breeder, please ensure that you do your research so that you are not supporting puppy mills. Also know that there are breed specific rescues out there.
I hope you will decide to enjoy "For the Love of Peanut Butter."
**Please note the following about dogs and peanut butter before you consider giving it to a best friend of yours:
- In most cases, a little bit of peanut butter is perfectly fine for dogs. It is generally safe, and it’s even a good source of protein, vitamins and healthy fats
- Too much of anything, including peanut butter, is not good for dogs...or humans
- All natural peanut butter is ideal. Second to that is peanut butter that doesn't contain xylitol. Xylitol can be very dangerous to dogs. Stay away from it!
- Besides natural peanut butter (only made of peanuts and water), Jif is our brand of choice. It doesn't contain Xylitol. ALWAYS check labels before giving peanut butter to dogs.
- Just like with humans, a few dogs may have peanut allergies, even though most dogs have no problems with peanuts. If your dog appears to have a bad reaction to eating peanuts at any time, contact your vet immediately
Risks and challenges
We are ahead of schedule and hope to ship the book to backers and have it ready for sale to the public mid-late July.
Thanks!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (45 days)