"It begins with a passion for art and design. The most enduring mode of self expression. That is, to see things, not as they are, but how they could be."
Watch our 3D Overlay Tees in Action.
Featuring JP Goldstein from MTV's America's Best Dance Crew S7 MOS Wanted Crew.
The Foreground® namesake is about putting things into perspective. As a startup clothing label based in Los Angeles, we know how vital flipping attitudes and updating old classics is to the streetwear scene. So we decided to do just that. We flipped the classic tee by adding a mesh overlay to create an attention-grabbing 3D effect that has never been seen (or worn) before. It's comfortable. It's casual. It's cool. And it represents the values and vision that started Foreground in the first place. Foreground is about rising independently through creative self expression.
How do you reimagine a classic must-have like a t-shirt? This is not an easy question to answer and perhaps why there are no memorable variations in t-shirt designs in recent years.
- T-shirt designs are more common than creative. You will generally see the basic tee, long tee, muscle tee, pocket tee, patterned tee, graphic tee, and typography tee. Too often, they're not made with lasting quality in mind. That's why the ink fades, shirts wrinkle, they shrink, and are eventually better off as wash cloths than fashion statements.
- The logo tee is a mainstay bearing little difference from a walking billboard. What happened to the better stock of creativity and originality? Why are company logos and marketing catch phrases the fashion? Where is the art or individuality in that?
- It's not just logo designs and marketing catch phrases, but too many brands rely on logo flips or unimaginative plays on an existing, well-known design.
How can we solve these problems and also showcase our company's love for art and fashion? We believe that the 3D effect, created by the unique mesh overlay technology, is one of the most important attempts to redesign the t-shirt of the past decade. The 3D Overlay Tee retains the classic comfort and fit we all love, but replaces tired logos and marketing catch phrases with original artwork along a totally unique mesh-stitch design that has never been seen before or available in stores anywhere.
Making The 3D Overlay Tee.
- All fabric and production is sourced and made in USA.
- All artwork and patterns are custom designed and hand drawn.
- There is an unspoken versatility in the plaid and floral designs and an unmistakable pride in American ingenuity and the home-grown idea of rising independently in the American flag design.
- Sublimation on 100% polyester paired with lightweight mesh overlay for 3D effect creates a super soft and stretchy shirt that won't wrinkle or shrink and is machine wash safe for lasting durability.
- Available in XS – 3XL. If you follow the size chart closely, you should be good to go!
Buy as a gift—in time for Christmas.
Products ship around mid-November and no later than mid-December.
If you wish to exchange your shirts for any reason, we will allow you to do that, but you will have to pay for the two way shipping. If it was our mistake in sending you the wrong shirt, we will pay for the two way shipping. Unfortunately, since starting up and offering our items at highly discounted/wholesale prices on Kickstarter, we won’t be able to accept returns. We apologize for any inconvenience in advance.
Help us start the 3D tee wave and bring our passion to life.
Manufacturers' minimum orders, often exceeding startups' budget for a new product line, create an unfortunate barrier to entry. Additionally, the uncertainty of sales make financing a new product line too risky to undertake. This is especially true for Foreground's custom, cut-and-sew garment made from scratch. Fully funding Foreground's new product line is the first step in sustaining the driving passion underlying every original design and plan for Foreground to differentiate itself in the streetwear space at the intersection of trends, styles, and fashions with hand-drawn art.
Risks and challenges
We have a team of bright and fast-paced entrepreneurs, who work everyday to make their dreams in Foreground come true. Rest assured that all product quality, shipping fulfillment, designs, and communication throughout the campaign and after is there.
We aim to be perfect, so we have done our homework! We have taken the consideration that the biggest risk could possibly be product fulfillment by the end of the year which can be affect by our manufactures and suppliers. Risks will be minimal because we have settled with a main and backup manufactures and suppliers and are ready to go once our goals have been met. We will begin shipping within 60 days after the campaign ends. Once the goal has been met, we will constantly be in contact with all the vendors to ensure our fulfillment deadline.
The shirts in the photos and videos are the prototypes, so the final product that will be delivered will definitely be quality checked to ensure perfection.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)