SLiM - iPad stand inspired by iMac
Wendy - “I can confidently say that SLiM is one of the most wanted products”
Peter - “My neck feels comfortable when I watch a movie on my iPad. ”
Kelly - “The stand is stronger than other stands. That’s enough for me.”
John - “At first sight, I Thought it was a mini version of iMac”
Steven - “Simple but sleek design. It will come in handy, especially at home & in my office”
Hi, kickstaters. Thanks for showing interest in our project. We are very excited to announce the launch of our project, SLiM.
WHO AM I?
Footmarker is going to launch a next project on August after this project. We will try to leave good ideas on the world, So we hope you to support us.
Why are we running this project?
Here is our motive to start this project.
“Let’s make affordable and high quality product!”
This time, we wanted to make a iPad stand that looks like iMac.Through the investigation of iPad stand products, such as quality, the way they work, price data, and so on
‘Tablet stand that many users can be satisfied with both design and price’
Here is the story about why we started our project.
Most of tablet users are interested in Tablet stand, because it makes us comfortable to use iPad at home or in office.
I personally like iMac, because the shape of iMac is neat and sleek.
I want to feel iMac style when I use iPad on my desk.
But I couldn't find what I was after. There are low quality or complicated designed or expensive iPad stands in market.
How are we running this project?
Our challenge proceeds following process.
- Simple design: inspired by iMac. get rid of complicate device, just make necessary part
- Simple use: make something that is easy to set up
- Simple cost: affordable price through simple process
What is it?
This is SLiM.
We wanted to design iPad stand like iMac. So we researched iMac monitor and applied it to the stand. As a result, we designed 2 Types of SLiM.
- SLiM (For iPad) : you can use it for other big tablet with flat surface
- SLiM-mini (For iPad-mini): you can use it for other small tablet with flat surface
- Sanded-Anodized Aluminium based.
- iMac style design
- A hole for the cable
- 2 nano suction pad: attach the Tablet / anchor on the desk
The advantages of SLiM
1. Simple but strong SLiM
- The iPad stands up perfectly on SLiM and there is absolutely no wobble or shake!
2. Easy use- Just attach your iPad on the SLiM, it’s safe!!
3. with "Nano suction pad" (don’t need any apparatus)
- how strong nano suction pad is
- no smudges : it doesn’t leave any stains on iPad.
- how to clean the nano suction form pad
When it gets dirty, wash it with running water and let it dry in the air.Then you can use it again.
4. Cable arrangement
4. Durable: It can lasts for decades even you change your tablet.
5. Compatible for other flat surface tablets
6. Reusable: If the pad gets dirty, you can simply reuse it after washing in water.
I’ve used prototype SLiM for a few weeks . The most favorite part is the design that looks like a iMac and makes me feel stable.
If you want to feel the iMac with iPad, SLiM will solve your desire.
And it’s thick and strong enough to endure the pressure when I touch the screen. So there is no shaking and my eyes don’t feel tired.
One of the merits of SLiM is it’s affordable. not expensive. So you can have 2 SLiMs at your home and your office by almost one stand price.
We hope SLiM helps tablet users to use iPad accessories comfortably.
We need your support for successful funding. SLiM is the best tablet for tablet users from every aspect. Design, faithful to the basic function, affordable price.
If you like our project, please share the kickstarter SLiM page url with your friends, help me spread out our belief!! http://goo.gl/Irpz0
Now, we will do our best to make SLiM - the best tablet stand for you! Thanks!
Mass production sample update!
Estimated delivery date
- After fund-raising, we will receive funds in 15 days.
- After that, we are going to contact our manufacturing company and proceed the work right away!
- After consulting with the company, it will take approximately 10~15 days to manufacture SLiM.
- So we expect the shipping will start in 25 days after fund-raising. The products are scheduled to be shipped in order.
NOTICE for Early bird kickstarter
you'd support us by selecting either $35 or $37 reward, then please click on 'Contact me'(next to our profile picture) and let us know which type you'd like you have (ex. SLiM or SLiM-mini)
Extra Nano suction pad set
We provide extra nano suction pad set which is replaceable existing pads.
If you want nano suction pad set( consist of two pads for head & bottom of SLiM), you can add $10 to your pledge.
- international backer of EARLY BIRD#2
- want Nano suction pad set
-> $37 + $10(shipping) + $10(nano suction pad set) = Total $57 simple :)
Q. I already backed you, but I want nano suction pad set!! What should I do?? A. Don't worry. You can manage your pledge on SLiM page.
Click 'Manage Your Pledge' and add $10. Easy :)
1.Does it work with a tablet case?
It depends on the case. The nano suction pad works with flat surface. It works well with plastic and flat case but if the surface is not flat, it likely won’t work.
SLiM is made out of sanded, anodized thick aluminium. So it’s durable for decades.
The adhesive pad will sustain long time and you can wash and reuse it when it gets dirty. If the pads sustain damage or wear, you can replace those with extra pads.
You can use it other tablets if it’s flat enough to attach on the pad of SLiM. SLiM for iPad is available for other big tablet.
SLiM-mini is designed for iPad-mini or other small tablets.
Risks and challenges
We’ve been through several prototype to make SLiM. CNC and sanding, anodizing process can be our great challenge. But we will do our best to control any situation to make the best SLiM.
SLiM is our first project to realize our motive. We hope many tablet users use SLiM which can satisfy design and price and practicality by successful funding. Moreover, We dream we can proceed next project to fit tablet user’s needs based on our motive.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)