'In The Court Of The Goblin King'
A range of beautiful tabletop RPG and gaming miniatures inspired by Scandinavian fantasy, fairy tales, folklore and mythology.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, March 24 2019 7:47 PM UTC +00:00.
ALL STRETCH GOALS NOW UNLOCKED...
A MASSIVE AND HEART FELT THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SUPPORTED US!
Welcome to the 'In The Court Of The Goblin King' Kickstarter
A childhood well spent.
Since as far back as I can remember my Mama and my Opa fostered in me an imagination fed on a banquet of fairy tales, myths, traditions and folklore hailing from our ancient European homeland. Tales of mischievous pixies plaguing villages, cunning brownies running amok in the countryside, devilish goblins raiding hamlets, trolls lurking under every bridge and sprites hiding behind every toadstool. My father to this day fondly recalls adventures in the local woodlands where hours and days were spent lost in search of the little folk, it is easy to see how ones’ outlook on the world can be forged by the fantastic. These worlds, their secrets and their denizens remain with me to this day and will stay with me forever more as will the memory of my beloved grandparents even though they have both long since passed. ‘In the Court of the Goblin King’ pays homage to every grandfather who has led his children on perilous expeditions into dark forests beset with monsters, and to every grandmother who has burned the midnight lantern ensuring their kinder are tucked in safely at night, warm and cosy in bedrooms thankfully bereft of devils hiding in wardrobes and goblins lurking under beds... Anton.
Ye Olde Worlde
'In The Court Of The Goblin King' is a unique miniature range heavily inspired by Scandinavian folklore, Germanic tales from the old world and a hand-me-down library of old and dusty tomes delved and re-delved into on a frequent basis. Flytrap Factory is proud to present to you this painstakingly created assortment of 28mm Goblins, Hobgoblins, Orcs, Trolls, Giants, Brownies, Dwarfs, Faeries, Kobolds, Witches and their devious associates and other miniature offerings of oddity straight from the mind and workbench of our sculptor Anton Ducrot.
Aside from 'The Kings Tribute' level here are the four initial pledge levels. For pictures of each individual miniature please scroll further down the page.
So it seems those dirty Gobbelins are up to no good once again!
Flytrap Factory kicks off Q1/2019 with something a little different to our regular show. For a while now any spare time NOT spent on sculpting our scheduled projects (Warpod, Netherworlds Edge, Caveman Vs Wild) or working on perpetually commissioned projects, has been spent sculpting on other projects of interest. (Sometimes totally unrelated and other times completely random.)
When enough of this spare time has been channeled in a particular direction we tend to have a completed project emerge from the sculpting bench sooner or later. That's how 'In The Court Of The Goblin King' was spawned. A lovely little range of Goblins and assorted fantasy creatures suitable for the collection of any fantasy RPG or tabletop gamer, painter, discerning collector or hobby enthusiast alike.
The sole purpose for this Kickstarter is to discover a method of bringing these unique sculpts to life and in turn to share them with the world. The campaign is deliberately short, the sculpting is already complete and the master sculptures steaming their way across the puddle to the United States where the alchemical process of turning clay effigies metal marvels will begin. The sooner we can hit our goal the sooner we can get into production and the sooner we can get these fine miniatures into your hands.
The Individual Sculpts
The Stretch Goals
Indeed there are many stretch goals to be unlocked as we hit each funding goal. the campaign continues to surpass expectations we have Anton chained to his sculpting bench where he will remain until the end of the campaign beavering away on new concepts and sculpts to keep John and his team busy with. Here are the initial stretch goals, the price listing for each of the add-ons is found below.
How do I obtain more of these beautiful miniatures?
- You may add multiple copies of any of the 'unlocked' ADD-ONS to your pledge.
- Once the Kickstarter campaign has concluded. Complete the post campaign survey selecting which 'unlocked' ADD-ONS you would like to receive for your increased pledge amount
- Increase your pledge amount by the amount listed in this section.
ADD-ON Pricing List
- The Goblin King and the Throne of Bones: $25NZD (approx $17USD / £13GBP)
- The Nilbog 'Hand of Doom' Shaman: $15NZD (approx $10USD / £8GBP)
- The Hobgoblin Captain of the Guard: $15NZD (approx $10USD / £8GBP )
- The Hobgoblin of the Guard (Snog): $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Hobgoblin of the Guard (Mog): $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Scribbler (Courtesan Scribe): $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Stabber (Courtesan Assassin): $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Jailer (Courtesan Jailer): $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Kobold Emissary: $12NZD (approx $8USD / £6GBP)
- The Slop Hag (Courtesan Cook): $15NZD (approx $10USD / £7GBP)
- The Gaming Table: $15NZD (approx $10USD / £7GBP)
- The Witches (Gertrude and Mildred): $35NZD (approx $24USD / £18GBP)
- The Orc Trapper (on War Boar): $25NZD (approx $17USD / £12GBP)
- The Thistle Knight (Faerie): $20NZD (approx $14USD / £10GBP)
- The Mushroom Knight (Brownie): $15NZD (approx $10USD / £8GBP)
- The Mushroom Squire (Brownie): $15NZD (approx $10USD / £8GBP)
- The Dwarf King Gruff (Captive): $10NZD (approx $7USD / £5GBP)
- The Dwarf Hunter Snuff (Captive): $10NZD (approx $7USD / £7GBP)
- The Dwarf Warrior Krong (Captive): $10NZD (approx $7USD / £8GBP)
- The Hill Giant of the Guard: $60NZD (approx $42USD / £30GBP)
- The Stone Troll (Captive): $45NZD (approx $30USD / £23GBP)
Note on Currency Exchange: All prices are listed in New Zealand dollars. $1.00 New Zealand Dollar at the time of this campaign launch stands at approximately... $0.68 USD / £0.52 GBP / €0.61 Euro so it's good timing for our friends abroad.
Risks and challenges
For Flytrap Factory NZ, Flytrap USA and Digital Artist/Master mould-maker 'John Popson' (Effincool Miniatures) risks for the manufacturing side of this campaign extremely minimal. Unlike most miniatures companies on Kickstarter, both Flytrap Factory and Effincool Miniatures own outright both of our own casting facilities for both 100% lead free pewter and resin.
Effincool Miniatures has so far ran 7 successful Kickstarters and Flytrap Factory 4. Along the way both companies have honed production processes significantly. The possibility for delay is always present given life and its curve balls but in the case of this project it is highly unlikely.
The miniatures are 100% sculpted and completed in-house with production handled by the same people who see the complete operation through from creation to post office delivery.
Upon the successful funding of this project, John will have the masters in hand, molds will be made and the rest is just spinning metal and pouring resin. Campaign products will be sent to pledgers direct from the factory in the USA unless otherwise arranged.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter