As a skilled artisan, you will use tools-of-the-trade and careful planning to construct a stained glass window masterpiece in the Sagrada Familia.
Players will take turns drafting glass pieces, represented by dice; carefully choosing where to place each one in their window. Windows have unique color and shade requirements, and similar dice may never be adjacent so placing each die is more challenging than the last. Fortunately, you’ll have just the right tools to help you through. Gain prestige by adapting to the preferences of your fickle admirers, and of course, by adding your own artistic flair while completing your glass masterpiece in Sagrada.
Sagrada - A Game of Dice Drafting and Window Crafting for 1 to 4 players that plays in about 30 minutes. Carefully designed by Daryl Andrews & Adrian Adamescu with graphic artistry by Peter Wocken.
Get a quick overview of how to play from the animations below (they may take a couple seconds to load):
Click Here to download a pdf of the rule book.
Check out a quick gameplay overview we did with Team Covenant at Gen Con 2016 (prototype components shown):
Sagrada will come in a sturdy box with a cardboard insert to help keep everything organized. Besides a full color rule book, each box is packed with high quality components:
- Dice (90) - 6-sided, 12mm, 5 colors
- Player Boards (4) - diecut grid holds dice in place while you play
- Window Pattern Cards (8) - Double-sided, two difficulties per card, harder windows give more Favor Tokens
- Public Objective Cards (8) - Unique goals to strive for, each game is played with three selected at random
- Private Objective Cards (5) - Gain bonus points for each pip of your color
- Tool Cards (8) - Spend Favor Tokens to break the rules, each game is played with three selected at random
- Favor Tokens (24)
- Round & Scoring Track - Keep track of the ten Rounds on front, flip it over to score at the end of the game
- Dice Bag - Draft your dice from here. Material TBD
- Rulebook - Learn to play quickly with plenty of visual examples
"What a charming, lovely little puzzle of a dice game. Very, very likable… this game purrs, it is a well oiled machine. A lovely, fun, light, perfect family-friendly dice puzzler that is just a blast"
"It's one of those perfect family games you can teach in 5 minutes"
"I think Sagrada is a lovely game, even in its prototype form, and I can’t wait to see how it looks totally finished. If you like Sudoku, or stained glass, or lots of dice, you should definitely check out the Kickstarter"
The Score - Little Metal Dog Television
"Sagrada is a beautiful game to look at, even with the preview copy I have. Fans of thinky, puzzly, pattern arranging games will love the challenges. Fan of dice rolling will go nuts over the bag full of dice.
If you're looking for a beautiful family friendly game that will make you use your noodle, then make sure you back Sagrada on Kickstarter!"
Low Player Count
"I love dice drafting and unique themes, so I was very interested in Sagrada. After playing, it didn't disappoint. It was easy to pick up but offered enough decisions to keep thinking through the whole game. I loved it."
"Sagrada is a great game – it is streamlined; very accessible, and it’s extremely easy to teach. It’s not trying to be like any other game, but is truly itself... Sagrada is one of those games that stays with you, one where you will find yourself thinking about later on in the day or maybe even later in the week after playing. It plays wonderfully as a 2-player game. Not only that, but Sagrada is also beautiful looking, even in its preview form. The cover alone feels like it should be a framed poster in every board gamers home. I would be surprised if this doesn’t become Floodgate Games biggest hit to date."
"“[The dice] all are beautiful to behold and play off the light, just like a stained glass window. As you are filling in your card, the colors come to life more and more. You forget you are playing a game and really feel like you are working on your own little masterpiece.”
We partnered with Dogmight to make something really special for Sagrada -- a beautiful custom-made dice tower you can add on to your pledge! Dice towers are useful for keeping dice rolls random and fair, while making sure your dice don't roll off the table.
The spire at the front includes a stained glass window effect in acrylic with hand-cut aluminum "leading." A laser-cut relief of a 6-sided die is featured on the sides and back. The two inside baffles are lined in black felt that leads into the magnetically connected dice tray. The premium black walnut wood has a rich, dark walnut stain and is accented by nickel studs and chains.
We're thrilled with how this tower perfectly complements the Sagrada gameplay experience and we're confident you'll love bringing it out for all your dice-rolling games!
Custom Sagrada Dice Tower Features:
- Black Walnut wood with Dark Walnut stain
- Glossy laminate window effect
- Hand-cut aluminum frame "leading"
- Black Felt-lined Baffles (2) and Dice Tray (with magnetic connectors)
- Nickel Studs and Chains
- 10 x 4 x 4 inches (25.4 x 10.16 x 10.16 cm)
Simply back at the Sagrada (KS) & Premium Dice Tower reward tier to get yours.
Dice towers will ship separately from the Sagrada game itself, and will be sent from the US.
Interested in multiple copies? Message me and I'll get back to you on this!
Kickstarter Exclusive Player Board
As a special thank you to our Kickstarter backers, we have a Kickstarter version of Sagrada that includes a Kickstarter themed player board! This will not be available after the Kickstarter campaign.
This player board does not change gameplay or add a fifth player, it's simply a fun and unique way we would like to show how we appreciate your support on Kickstarter. Thank You!
To make the Kickstarter Edition a little more special we decided to add a small cardboard dice tray. This will be a punch board that you assemble to form a small tray to roll your dice in (like the 3D model below)
- This is not a stretch goal, it is already going to be included in every Kickstarter Edition copy of the game
- This will be included with the Kickstarter Edition, but not the Standard Edition
- This is not exclusive to Kickstarter, but won't be in the Standard Edition. These may be available later as a promo component directly from us (unlike the KS player board which is exclusive to backers)
- The base is 75mm x 100mm and the inside is 30mm
- If we hit the plastic insert stretch goal, this will likely not fit in when assembled (although it's very easy to put together and take apart). We'll try to make this happen, but it's not likely given what's in the box already
Since we met our funding goal (in 10 hours, wow!), we'll be able to add even more to every copy of Sagrada:
Wow, All stretch goals unlocked! Thank you!!
The Tabletop gaming community is thriving! It's been an incredible experience as a publisher watching the community grow so much over the past few years. It's an exciting time for us as gamers with so many unique and interesting games, and I'm honored to have you consider Sagrada as one of those options. Here are just a few reasons why we feel this project is worth your support:
- Tight Gameplay - You can learn Sagrada in just moments, finish in minutes and end the game with satisfaction and immense desire to play again.
- High Replayability - The vast combinations of window, tool and objective cards keep each game feeling like it's telling a new story.
- Unique Components - The translucent dice capture the theme and the modular player board is a perfect companion for the gameplay. We love the way Sagrada looks on the table, and we're sure you will too.
- Supporting Independent Game Design and Publishing - Everything you see in this project is the product of a massive effort by several passionate, independent creators. The efforts that went into the game design, graphic design and publishing are all crafted by individuals who absolutely love our hobby. Without you, we wouldn't be able to bring these creations to life!
We've had a fantastic time working with Daryl Andrews & Adrian Adamescu on Sagrada. They've worked hard to make sure the gameplay flows smoothly and helps you focus on building a beautiful stained glass window. Peter Wocken is a veteran graphic artist who we were thrilled to have craft such a captivating visual experience for this game.
For those who are new to our games, welcome! For those who have supported us in the past, it's great to have you back! We're thrilled to be back on Kickstarter with our 7th project! Starting with Legacy: Gears of Time in 2012, all the way through Epic Resort: Villain's Vacation earlier this year, running these projects have each been incredible experiences, and I cannot wait to see where this one goes! Sagrada is our 5th game (not counting expansions) and we're really proud to show you all what we put together.
I'm looking forward to communicating with you throughout the project and after. Please reach out directly in a message or in the comments if you have a question or concern -- I'll do everything I can to make your backer experience on this project the best it can be! Thank you for joining us on this one, I really appreciate it.
Owner - Floodgate Games
Those of you who were backers for our Vault Wars project last year may remember the Junk Flavor Text contest we had where backers could submit ideas for thematic text to be printed on some of the cards. We had so much fun, we just had to do something like that again! Introducing, the Sagrada Window Naming Submissions:
As a backer, you have a chance to make it into the game! We're going to name each of the Window Patterns in Sagrada, and we want YOU to help pick what makes it on the cards. Submit your best suggestions for Window Names, and we'll put a selection of them to a vote throughout the campaign! The backer-only submission link is here.
You can show your support and help spread the word about this project by using this as your avatar here on Kickstarter or wherever you'd like!
Risks and challenges
When it comes to publishing a tabletop game, manufacturing and shipping logistics are easily the biggest challenges. I've had several smooth campaigns, and some rough ones and learned a ton along the way!
We've already started working closely with our manufacturer on this to be sure everything will flow smoothly. As always, there's the chance of production problems, shipping delays, national holidays, but I'm prepared to do my best to deliver a great game in a timely manner. We're working with a new manufacturer with this project who will help us maintain higher control over quality and timelines than previous projects.
All of the illustration and graphic design work is complete. I'm planning to start the pre-press process before the project closes to help give us a head start on getting Sagrada on your table even faster!
As always, I appreciate your support and patience as I'm sure despite our best efforts there are bound to be unforeseen complications... either way, I'm looking forward to keeping you well informed the whole way!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)