Make up Stories, Break the News. News@11 is a cyclical story-telling game for 4 to 11 anchors. Fill in cue cards, incorporate the topics on them into your segment as you build the story. Stories from the morning news come back in the afternoon and evening, getting stranger and more tangled each time. No points, no scoring, just a hilarious time telling the news! Lights, Camera, you’re on in 3, 2, 1...
Learning to play News@11 is super easy!
Want to learn more? Awesome. Here's a link to the rulebook for you readers... and a gameplay video below for everyone else.
To help you get a feel for how the game works, we gathered up some friends and recorded a play through for you. Enjoy!
For this demo, we only filled in 1 cue card each (to keep things moving). Normally you'll fill in 1 blank on each card during setup
News@11 will come in a sturdy, portable box -- easy to bring with you, and has room to sleeve your cards. Besides a full color rule book, each box is packed with high quality components:
- Cue Cards (130) - Every card is unique! Each card has 1 topic supplied by us and 2 prompts to customize. You'll fill these in with your group's topics each time you play.
- Segment Cards (10) - The Lead Anchor uses these to pick which Segment each Anchor delivers during a broadcast.
- Producer Cards (6) - The Producer uses these to help the game move smoothly - or to cause a little chaos. No talking required to use the Producer cards!
- Marker (1) - A permanent marker, used to fill in the Cue Cards. Style TBD
- Rulebook - Learn to play quickly with game play examples.
Technical Details: All cards are 63 x 88mm. The box will come with room for the cards to be sleeved.
We have 2 reward tiers available, depending on if you want to get 1 or 2 copies of News@11. Want 1 for friends, 1 for family? Got 2 gaming groups? Planning to make 1 clean and 1 naughty? Great! Get 2 copies of News@11 delivered to your door.
Shipping will be added on based on your country after you select your pledge level.
Shipping to Canada, UK, EU, and Australia will be Customs Friendly and should not incur import duty.
If we hit our funding goal, we'll be able to put even more great content in the box for you! More to come...
What are stretch goals? Great question! Once a Kickstarter project reaches its initial funding goals, stretch goals give us new targets to strive for to make News@11 even better!
The Tabletop gaming community is thriving! It's been an incredible experience as a publisher watching the community grow so much over the past few years. It's an exciting time for us as gamers with so many unique and interesting games, and I'm honored to have you consider News@11 as one of those options.
Here are just a few reasons why we feel this project is worth your support:
- Approachable Gameplay - You can learn News@11 in just moments and get right into playing. The game is designed to give structure and flow to your experience while leaving room for players to take the story where they want it to go.
- High Customizability - As you play, you're creating a customized copy of the game that's unique to your group. The topics you add can be anywhere on the spectrum of family friendly to edgy; it's up to you!
- Supporting Independent Game Design and Publishing - Everything you see in this project is the product of a massive effort by several passionate, independent creators. The efforts that went into the game design, graphic design and publishing are all crafted by individuals who absolutely love our hobby. Without you, we wouldn't be able to bring these creations to life!
We're excited to partner with the Infectious Play team to bring you News@11. It's been great working with the designers (Jon Gilmour, John Burns, Ian Moss, Travis Magrum, James Schoch, Earl Tietsort). They've worked hard to refine the game's flow and tune the content to help facilitate the best possible story-telling experience. Peter Wocken, our veteran graphic artist, helped make sure the look and feel of the components make gameplay as smooth as possible.
Greetings News Anchors!
For those who are new to our games, welcome! For those who have supported us in the past, it's great to have you back! We're thrilled to be back on Kickstarter with our 9th project! Starting with Legacy: Gears of Time in 2012, all the way through Sagrada and Dome Crushers most recently, running these projects have each been incredible experiences, and I cannot wait to see where this one goes! Partnering with Infectious Play, News@11 is our 7th game (not counting expansions) and we're really proud to share it with you. I'm looking forward to communicating with you throughout the project and after. Please reach out directly in a message or in the comments if you have a question or concern -- I'll do everything I can to make your backer experience on this project the best it can be! Thank you for joining us on this one, I really appreciate it.
Owner - Floodgate Games
And now here's Jon with some information about the News@11 street team!
Thanks Ben! I'm here on the mean streets of Kickstarter, and I've been talking to fans and game stores for months. We've been hard at work coming up with some exciting ideas to help you get the most out of News@11!
Do you want to earn some awesome promo items and swag for teaching News@11? Sign up here to to learn more about our street team of Field Anchors.
Do you own, manage, or work at a game store that would be interested in getting exclusive swag for your customers? Sign up here to learn more.
..back to you Ben!
You can show your support and help spread the word about this project by using this as your avatar here on Kickstarter or wherever you'd like!
Risks and challenges
When it comes to publishing a tabletop game, manufacturing and shipping logistics are easily the biggest challenges. I've had several smooth campaigns, and some rough ones and learned a ton along the way!
We've already started working closely with our manufacturer on this to be sure everything will flow smoothly. As always, there's the chance of production problems, shipping delays, national holidays, but I'm prepared to do my best to deliver a great game in a timely manner. We're working with a trusted manufacturer that we've been with for a few projects -- they will help us continue to have high quality and meet our timelines.
All of the graphic design work is complete. I'm planning to start the pre-press process before the project closes to help give us a head start on getting News@11 on your table even faster!
As always, I appreciate your support and patience as I'm sure despite our best efforts there are bound to be unforeseen complications... either way, I'm looking forward to keeping you well informed the whole way!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (25 days)