Intense racing through infinite sandbox worlds. Includes community multiplayer and the Simplex World Creator. (PC/Mac/Linux) Read more
This project was successfully funded on March 7, 2013.
So everyone has most-likely gotten an email with the release date announcement, but we wanted to give you guys a little more info. (I'll present it in a list to keep from rambling - FS)
- Beta build 0.91is out and has: All 25 player upgrade levels, the new "Apocalypse" world, ship decals and lots of polish and bug fixes.
- Apocalypse is like the core "Race the Sun" world, but faster and more unpredictable.
- You can get the latest build here: flippfly.com/my-account and full release notes are here: flippfly.com/racethesun/releasenotes
- The World Creation contest has been extended to August 16th, Details here: flippfly.com/news/contest-extended
- We have an official release date on August 19th! On that date we will exit the beta stage and start the "make this game awesomer" stage ;)
- To celebrate the release announcement we made a little video of Apocalypse: http://youtu.be/VIfcz9wX69Q
There are a few planned features that the 1.0 version won't include, but are still coming! We are definitely making a credits mode with the names of all of our backers, but we want to really do it right, so we decided to release it with a post-launch update. We also have a bunch of requests, and tweaks that are "on the list" so we want to be clear that the game will continue to grow and improve. The 1.0 release is really just one more stepping stone to take Race the Sun!
- Aaron and Forest (Flippfly)