A family board game. Can you win without getting hungry? Dexterity. Strategy. Yummy!
A family board game. Can you win without getting hungry? Dexterity. Strategy. Yummy!
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
In FLIPFLICK - a card based board game - players will take on the role of a lovely pancake chef as they prepare different beautiful pancake variations and yummy all-time favorites.
While cooking, the chefs will take actions and collect points for the pancakes they successfully flip —but don't risk too much and drop them! That will cost you more than just cleaning a dirty kitchen floor.
Players will make a choice of how much risk they are going to take in flipping the pancakes. The higher the risk, the more difficult the flip, the more points to win - and to lose, of course. As a competing chef, you'll have to interfere with your fellow co-chefs' pancake flips and also steal their nicest creations to your advantage. But you can only win the game with the right combination of pancakes. It is so much fun for everyone as FlipFlick combines game elements like dexterity, tactics and bluffing in one game.
No, it is not a new fantasy role-playing game, it is not about killing and murder, it is not about saving the world ;-). FLIPFLICK is a delicious treat for your next #familyboardgamenight.
FLIPFLICK is the yummiest board game about pancakes ever - and perfect for 2-4 Players, ages 8 and up.
Join the pancake battle! :-)
Syrupsweet Greetings, Kai, Tilly & Lele
LET´S START FLIPPIN
TO THE POINT:
DOUBLE SIDED, MOUTHWATERING HIGH QUALITY PANCAKE CARDS
- Heavy "copper pan" quality ;-)
- 310 gsm ivorycore, considered a premium cards stock, perfect for flicking!
- Double sided pancake prints for flicking and flipping action
- 54 double sided cards in 4 (6 with Kickstarter Exclusive Edition) delicious varieties, each card is different in terms of card value & pancake backside!
- 63x88mm size deck, shrinkwrapped
GAME-CHANGING ACTION CARDS
- 310 gsm Ivorycore quality, considered a premium card stock.
- 6 different types, designed to heat up the pancake action
- 20 cards included
- 63x88mm regular size deck, shrinkwrapped
PANCAKE CHIPS (Wood) AND SABOTAGE MARKERS (Glass)
- 20 Wooden chips and 12 Glass Chips
- 15x15x8mm - perfect size for sliding the syrup spiral :-)
- 6 different colors (4 player colors plus red and green)
THE MESSY MASTERPIECE
- Huge 490 x 490 mm, 4-fold
- Top quality: 2mm high density mounted cardboard
- Full Color Front / Black Back
- Double-sided lamination, Wrapped edges, Reinforced folds
- Including our patented syrup spiral, rainbow sprinkles and kitchen stains (so soooorrryyy!)
ALL ITEMS OF THE GAME COME IN THE FANTASTIC SQUARE GAME BOX.
INSTRUCTIONS / HOW TO PLAY
- 8 Pages in full color, 128gs, gloss paper in full color
- English and German instructions included
- Straightforwardly explained and illustrated for direct gaming fun! Proofread by professional game editors, played a hundred times and reworked to the complete pancake madness of Kai, the author.
- NOTE: Playing the game itself requires no language - it is universal. All components are self explanatory and clearly illustrated for yummy instant fun.
DECIDE BETWEEN ORIGINAL & KICKSTARTER EXCLUSIVE EDITION
FREE SHIPPING is also valid for backers from CANADA.
Kai, the author of FlipFlick, is a logistics expert by nature. He worked for several years as Vice President at DHL in Germany and is therefore quite familiar with logistics solutions. :-)
That's why we can offer free shipping to Germany and the USA. The production quantity will be divided according to the orders. A part is shipped directly to the USA. From there it is distributed further within the country. The other part is shipped to Germany, from where distribution takes place within the country, to Europe and the rest of the world.
Hey, no additional shipment costs apply when you order more copies of the game.
- We can finish the delicious pancake motif on the front of the box with UV varnish from a founding of 15K. It will be yummy-chic!
- With a little more funding we will produce handmade small (organic) fabric bags in which you can store the wooden pancake chips and transparent markers.
- With backing of at least 50K we include a 100% cotton chef's hat with the FLIPPIN´BOSS motto. The winner of a round of FlipFlick has the honour to wear this hat for the rest of the day :-)!
- Should we get EVEN MORE funding, wel first have to reanimate Kai ;-). And then there will be a great surprise add-on which we will of course communicate to all backers. You will have the possibilty to make a democratic vote between at least 3 choices.
A quick side note on Kai: this is not his first board game development. Since his early childhood, Kai has developed family board games (preferable on the theme of fun fairs) for his friends and now for his children. But FLIPFLICK is the first board game he developed JOINTLY WITH his two children, Tilly & Lele. And because the "target group" of the game are also the inventors at the same time, they thought about introducing FLIPFLICK to as many people as possible via Kickstarter.
....AND FINALLY: HOW WE STARTED
The game went through many designs and versions.
Kai, Lele and Tilly came up with the idea to develop a game about pancakes during their last vacation in Florida. Because every morning in the kitchen there was a fight about who could turn the pancakes over.
So the three of them had the glorious idea of creating a game. Where you can turn pancakes anytime and anywhere. And that's how the first drafts and drawings were created.
Back home, they made first drafts and utensils, glued and cut them out. The first test games were completed. The game has always changed over time. In the beginning it was all about finger dexterity and luck. But then we were seized by ambition. To want to "annoy" the other (i guess that is part of our family culture ;-). Wiping someone out. Applying tactics and strategy. The three then refined all this over more than 9 months.
And now it's there.
Kai, Tilly & Lele
JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM
AND HERE IS OUR "THANK YOU" for scrolling sooooooooooooo long and taking the time to review our project: THE OFFICIAL FLIPFLICK SONG! :-)
(Written and performed by game author Kai)
Risks and challenges
This is a pre-order campaign! We haven’t produced the games yet—that’s why we’re raising funds on Kickstarter. The amount that you pledge will reserve you a copy of the game, once it’s printed.
At the end of this month-long campaign, Kickstarter will send us all the funds we’ve raised. We’ll use that to manufacture the finished games in whatever quantities we end up needing. It’ll take about two months for pre-production, 3 months for production and 2-4 weeks for shipment from the factory to our warehouses in Germany and USA.
Then, once we receive the games, we’ll ship you your very own copy, and everyone else their copies too!
We’ll ask you for your mailing address at that time. We prefer to collect that information close to when the game will actually ship, in case you move between now and then.
We anticipate this whole process (campaign, printing, shipping, and final deliveries of everyone’s order) will take around six-seven months. Our target date is - of course - delivery right in time for winter holiday season. Maybe even faster. November is our target.
We will post project updates along the way to keep you informed of the progress!
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, materials and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ from what is presented while the Kickstarter project was active.
You are responsible for confirming your pledge, address and other information required to ship your product to you in a timely manner. If you do not log in and confirm your pledge within 4 weeks of our notification via email, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, refund or ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge after the 4 week window has elapsed.
After two shipping attempts to your provided address have failed, you will be responsible for any additional postage/shipping costs to ship out your rewards again.
Our goal is for fulfillment to be well underway prior to November.
RISKS & CHALLENGES
If you are reading this, then you are seriously considering our project. Thank you! We are very confident that we will deliver you an incredible experience. The game will be ready to go to pre-production by May 1st and from there, baring acts of God, we will be able to hit our Winter fulfillment date.
Regarding manufacturing, we have a partnership with Panda Games Manufacturing. More information on Panda can be found at pandagm.com
Regarding fulfillment, we have a partnership with DHL (where Kai worked for many years and therefore LOVES the company). DHL stands for:
1. High level of customer service regarding communication and issue resolution
2. Accountability for timelines
3. Quality of shipment (picking accuracy and package safety)
4. Balance of speed/affordability
5. Customs Friendly (US, CA, EU, AU)
Thank you for trusting in Kai, Tilly and Lele!
Everything will be yummy and great!
- (30 days)