About this project
Check the UPDATES section for a FULL PREVIEW video of the book!
New rewards added!
For getting us over $13k, we want to give you guys a few reasons to up your pledges:
- PIN SET! A new $40 reward has been added which will give you a set of 4 collectible Gwendolyn Pins that you can use to show your Gwendolyn love! These pins are available at all levels above $40 as well.
- NEW PRINT! The $100 reward level has been adjusted to be two DIFFERENT art prints. There will be one standard print (available at the $75 level) and a new, different print that is only available at the $100 level.
- MUTT! Every pledge of $80 or over includes a copy of M is for Mutt!
WE DID IT! In just a week we reached our goal! BUT WAIT! There's more!
If we continue to raise money until the end of the project, we have a bunch of new options open to us:
- First off, we can print more copies of the book!
- Second, we would love to get started on an interactive iPad version of Gwendolyn. With Ian and Bill's background in film and animation, we hope it will be pretty epic.
- Promotional materials: We are taking Gwen to a lot of conventions and shows, including San Diego Comic Con. Extra funding would allow us to pay for a booth, awesome banner displays, table runners, etc.
- Merch! We'd love to offer t-shirts, pins, stickers, posters, and maybe a plushie or vinyl toy.
Like Gwendolyn on Facebook for sneak peeks of art!
Beneath cemetery twigs and barbing brambles, down through the rottens and the coffins and the roots, is the winding upside down Underworld…
Gwendolyn and the Underworld is an illustrated storybook about a young Pet Reaper (think Grim Reaper + dead pets) who ventures to solve the mystery behind her Overworld roots. She uncovers a rotten conspiracy with her corpulent corpse aunt, a sidekick Peacodgehog, an army of Skellies, and slew of part-this and part-that creatures.
The first edition!
- Hardcover(case-bound) matte lam with spot-gloss
- Full color on matte paper
- Illustrated endpapers
- Foil Stamped Title
- Spot gloss on front and back covers
- 64 pages (double a typical storybook)
- Concept Art section displaying early sketches and process
- Available this July, in time for San Diego Comic-Con
Who are these guys?
We met at the age of 7 and formed a nerdy creative team with Ian leading the storytelling and Bill on the visuals. Since then, we've collaborated on puppet shows, theater performances, short films, and another kid's book. Ian studied Film Directing at Cal Arts and has worked at Sesame Street and The Jim Henson Company. Bill studied Animation at RIT, and has worked as a concept artist for video games, toys, and books with clients like Fisher-Price, Huckleberry Toys, and Universal Studios.
Four years in the making.
That's a long time to work on one project, but Gwendolyn and the Underworld is pretty epic for an illustrated storybook. The original idea sprouted four years ago, and Bill soon began character design and page layouts.
Support this project
- (30 days)