Ever wanted to learn how to play ultimate? Now you can, with Flik.
Ultimate "Frisbee" is one of the fastest growing sports in the world... why not see why you're missing out?
Flik breaks down the formations, plays and patterns used by the finest teams in the sport in a modular fashion; understand the theory behind each offence, learn the basic movements with detailed descriptions, then see how to combine these movements into useful game skills.
Add decision making and defenders to form hundreds of drills, then save your favourites and arrange them into an almost infinite number of practice plans. Each drill is beautifully illustrated, step-by-step.
Flik will initially be available online, but will also be available as partner mobile apps on iOS and Android that are usable offline and perfect for when you’re in the middle of a field with no signal! The app will be available for FREE (yay!) and will sync with your website account.
But we need your help to get off the ground. We have the know-how about ultimate, what we need is a content tool that we can use to present that to you. We're working with an experienced software developer who is going to be able to transform our ideas into a robust, fully-functional piece of software that works efficiently for you, regardless of where you live in the world.
If we don't get enough backers, then Flik won't happen... As such, we promise that the Kickstarter perks offer the best value you'll ever get from us; Flik will never be cheaper than it is now, so why not back us?
What's planned for Flik's release:
- Elite teams' play analysed and turned into theory & drills
- Chapters including 'Essentials for Ultimate', 'Handler Offence', and 'Vertical Stack', each with detailed theory sections, lots of diagrams, and directly linked to relevant drills
- Save your favourite drills for quick retrieval
- Add custom notes to drills
- Search functions
- Sample template practice plans for drilling certain skills (e.g. 'Sideline offence') and ability to customise your own practice plans
- Basic content available for free with registration, with a subscription service offering regularly updated and fresh content
- Coaching Ultimate section which helps to guide you through best practices
- Something unclear? 'Ask an Expert' function
- Quick retrieval on your mobile device at practice
- 'Horizontal Stack', 'Side Stack' and 'Split Stack'; these are already underway
- Defence: person schemes, poaching & switching, and a whole host of zones.
- Offensive counter-strategies such as how to play against poaches or handling through a zone set.
- More analysis of how elite teams play
- Team warmups, cool downs & stretches to keep you healthy
- More features on the ‘home’ page so you can find recently added content more easily.
- Ability to generate a practice plan, from favourites, from an offence or skills tag, or “random”
- Coaches can write practice plans – for individual practices, or linked to a season – and publish them for teams to read.
- Guest coaches will provide a balanced view of the game, with theory, drills, practice plans and more
Risks and challenges
We will be working with professional software developers. Ever heard of a new piece of software that came out on time? Neither have we.
Same goes for bugs. We will hunt them down with our best bug-hunting & killing abilities, but we expect a few to creep through. Just let us know what you find and we'll work out the kinks! Please be patient with us while we get everything running.
As for content, Brummie has already written 2 chapters of content. ('Essentials' and 'Vertical stack', for a combined ~200 pages!!). But we need to get it all loaded in and tested. And there are more chapters in the pipeline. Once the Kickstarter is complete, Brummie & Pringle will be working at a frenzied pace to make sure that they are able to put the best quality ultimate educational resource possible into place. I'm sure you'd rather it was done properly than rushed :-) So if the extra stuff isn't quite ready on launch day 1, I hope you'll forgive us. Still, it's good to have something to look forward to isn't it?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)