Firewalla is an all-in-one simple, affordable, intelligent shield that secures all of your digital things. It can protect your family from cyber threats, control kids' internet usage, and even protects you when you are out using public Wifi.
A Complete Cyber Security Solution
You need just one Firewalla to protect every single connected device at home. This tiny box contains the same cyber security technologies used by many large enterprises. It will provide one-for-all continuous protection from crippling cyber attacks even as new threats evolve.
Easy To Install
Up-and-running, as easy as 1-2-3! Zero frustration
- Connect your Firewalla to a power source and your main router.
- Launch the app on your mobile device and scan the barcode.
- Monitor and Manage your device from anywhere in the world with military strength encryption.
- No password is required.
Easy To Use
Cyber security shouldn’t be complex and intimidating. We believe with the right software, cyber security can be made as simple as tapping on a few buttons.
Introducing the Firewalla iOS App, which is already available in the app store.
- Access your Firewalla device around the world with strong encryption.
- Get notified on security and behavioral alerts.
- Many of the important functions can be activated with just one tap!
- With your generous support, we will make the Android app soon!
Let Firewalla Help You
- Risk Report: Perform automated security scans, and report any device that shows potential risk.
- Device Discovery: Keep an inventory of all the devices on the network.
- Analytics: Advanced behavior analytics that tells you what is going on in your network.
It Is A Working Solution
We are proud that we already have the first batch of products done, the mobile app has been available since December 2016, and the whole solution has been on trial in many homes already.
Want to know our progress?
The Firewalla device software is open source, and you are welcome to follow us on Github, check out the blueprint of the Firewalla device, and see our progress.
The Firewalla app is already in the app store! We will release new software every month.
Who is Firewalla For?
Want to know what your connected smart devices are doing? Need something to protect your network? Want to know what your kids are doing? Traveling and not trusting the public Wifi?
Hear what our early adopters have to say:
Technologies Behind Firewalla
Advantages of Open Source and Open Hardware
- Ensure our solution is long-lasting.
- Give our supporters and customers full visibility of our daily work.
- Customers can directly submit issues to our engineering team.
- If you are a developer, we welcome you to help out!
- Ensure our platform is always affordable.
Unlimited possibility with new functions
The Firewalla platform is engineered to be highly extendable. The flexibility we put into our designs allows us to deliver future features ten times faster than our competitors. Since our device code is open source, anyone can build features alongside us!
Some of the features we are thinking about in the near future (with no additional cost)
- TOR Proxy for anonymous browsing
- VPN client
- DNSCrypt to protect your privacy
- Shadow Socks, a great VPN solution for certain part of the world
Leverage the power of cloud technology
The cloud constantly learns from all the connected devices and actively uses this knowledge to automatically mitigate attacks by sending updates to all connected homes through encrypted channels.
We value your privacy
We believe in data encryption and you have the key! All data stored and in transit is encrypted with keys stored on your device and phone.
Our servers will work only with hashed data like this:
An Affordable Solution for Everyone!
Our goal is to make cyber security affordable. How affordable? We are going to make the Firewalla device FREE! It is on us! All that is required to activate the solution is a monthly membership fee of $9. (That’s about 30 cents a day.)
As a reward to our early adopters, we will offer a Firewalla VIP package with lifetime membership for a super-low one-time price! This is exclusive to Kickstarter and limited in quantity, not available in retail.
If you live outside of USA/Canada, and still want a Firewalla, please read over the first two items in the FAQ section, if you are okay please send us a note and do the order in parallel. We can make exceptions to EU/Australia/Singapore/Mexico and other countries. Please make sure your shipping is $10. (pick USA shipping and add $5 extra)
Just like your garden or pool needs maintenance, our security service is there to ensure your cyberspace is clean and protected. As Cyber Threats evolve, we will always be there to ensure you have the latest software for your protection.
Functions at a Glance
- 100 Mbit Software Packet Processing
- 512 Megabyte DDR RAM
- Quad Core ARM CPU
- iOS App (released)
- Android App (Coming in November 2017)
- Please check router compatibility here.
Our team members come from some of the world’s largest networking and security companies. We have a combined experience of 100 years in the field of networking and security.
We all have families that we want to protect.
Jerry: Firewalla Inventor
We started this project with the vision that we can simplify cyber security with an open platform, we are almost there! We hope with your support, we can work together to make Cyber Security Simple and Affordable.
- $55,000 We will implement a feature (very secure) to have Firewalla accessible via the local area network via SSH. (Using Firewalla as a Linux box)
- $75,000 We will build developer units at cost with a small markup for educators and developers. This will be released much earlier.
Risks and challenges
The most important part of Firewalla's solution is the software. Due to the complexity of interactions with different routers, we still have a few lines of code to write. We already mitigated this risk by making Firewalla easily upgradable and expanding our beta program.
Firewalla app on the Android platform needs to be developed after the crowdfunding effort. Since we have the iOS version already, we are confident that we will be able to deliver the Android version with our committed schedule.
We are probably one of the first in Kickstarter that gives our supporters full visibility into our building process!
Tracking our progress:
Firewalla device software is open source, you can follow our progress at
The iOS Firewalla app is already released to the app store. You can track our progress and releases at:
Learn about accountability on Kickstarter