Wraith Recon - A Fantasy RPG of Covert Operations and War
You are a member of Wraith Recon - trained in covert operations to protect the people of Dardarrick against threats.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Sun, March 31 2019 4:52 PM UTC +00:00.
You play as legendary Wraith Recon teams, dedicated special forces trained and equipped to operate deep within hostile territory. Entrusted with the direst of missions, the Wraiths are capable of overcoming almost any obstacle. Armed with the latest in Dardarrick Magick, and kept informed by the mysterious SpellCom system, Wraith Recon units are tasked with assassinations, raids, reconnaissance, and hostage rescue missions, in the name of truth, liberty, and justice.
As a member of Wraith Recon Four - a team of special covert operatives in a world beset by magic, wars, and mystery - you will soon be called to serve king and country. You will be sent to the four corners of Nuera to make Dandarrick safe for its people; risking your life under a blanket of secrecy to keep a population free and blissful in a world that does its damnedest to rob them of it at every turn.
- Nuera Expanded – A bigger and more detailed game world will open up as more Stretch goals are unlocked, bringing all new areas to explore to the continent of Rardarri including a vast forest region and the arid deserts of the south.
- Improved and Updated Maps - An all-new expanded world map in much greater detail as well covering various new areas. We will also be providing a host of maps for major cities within the unlocked stretch goals.
- Deeper Background Material – A detailed game world and rich setting history, complete with ancient artifacts, old magic, and strange cults.
- New and Expanded Character Options – New playable races, from throughout the length and breadth of Nuera – from the strange Lizardfolk, to the enigmatic Wild Elves, and a myriad of different Human cultures, all with in-depth backgrounds and customization options.
- Dead Magic Zones – Nuera has changed. The endless wars have resulted in the creation of DMZs or Dead Magic Zones, where magic does not work and only horror fills the land. Can your Wraiths survive, stripped of their most powerful abilities and forced to rely on their training and wits alone?
- The MageNet – Just as the world has become more dangerous and hostile, so has SpellCom expanded to combat those threats. The Wraiths now have access to MageNet, a dedicated information system which just might save your life.
- New and Growing Threats - The Dark Elves and their Gnoll Dog Soldiers are more prepared and dangerous than ever before, Darklings (evil Halflings), Ratlings, and their own special forces units present perils which even the most experienced players won’t be ready for. War evolves and your enemy evolves with it.
- Equipped for Battle – Weapons, armour, magic, and treasures which reflect the unique world which gave birth to them. Fit your characters out like Wraiths, with unique gear and powerful spells.
- Explore the world as non-Wraiths - For the first time the world of Nuera is opening up with characters from outside the Wraith Recon units now an option for players. See the continent of Rardarri from a whole new perspective.
The game will be available in three different flavours which you will be able to choose from the Pledge Manager. These will be:
You will receive the setting without any rules based information, no character stats or weapons stats, no system specific tables etc. Allowing you to craft the world (with a bit of work) to fit your preferred system. Also all external stretch goals will also not be system specific.
The setting book for Savage Worlds will have new Edges and Hindrances, new Arcane Backgrounds, new spells, new gear and weapons and a whole new world to explore. We will be using the new Savage Worlds Adventure Edition to produce the setting.
Jeff Ruiz will be designing the SW setting rules. Jeff is no stranger to RPG design as he has been freelancing various games for a number of years and has been playing and running Savage Worlds for several years.
To check out the Savage Wraith Recon setting grab the Jumpstart by clicking here
We will also be making the setting available using the FeralEngine, this will be an upgraded and tweaked version of the rules found in our best selling game Ghost Ops
Like the first two settings the FeralEngine version will be need the Ghost Ops rules in order to play the game with updates to match the fantasy aspect of the setting, we will even update the Skirmish rules for those that like to use mini's.
If you would like to check out the Wraith Recon Quickstart using the FeralEngine click here
5th Edition and other Systems
A settings book for 5th ed will allow the player to create characters in Nuera or take their existing characters into the world and join up with the Wraiths. The setting will include the Wraith Recon class, new magic, new weapons and armour, new items and new feats and backgrounds.
We will also look into other systems that can include Wraith Recon so stay tuned.
We have a number of Social Networks you can join which are linked below. We will be also asking our Backers to contribute missions for pack 1, and they will get to play the game first through play-testing. So become a Wraith today.
Our Facebook Groups - https://www.facebook.com/groups/WraithRecon/
Our Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/z3jn4Ug
Our Subreddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/WraithRecon2nd/
The Website - https://feralgamersinc.weebly.com/
We have a number of Stretch Goals planned and they come as either Internal or External. Internal stretch goals will enhance the settings book, making it bigger with each one unlocked. External are stretch goals that are separate from the settings book and will be PDF files, softback books or other surprises :)
£3500 - Funded
£4000 - Mission Pack One - Locked (External)
Mission pack one is the first external Stretch Goal and includes 5 missions to test your Wraiths. Will come as a PDF to all backers that qualify.
£5000 - Dardarrick Expanded - Locked (Internal)
We will expand the lands of Dardarrick with more locations, places to explore, ancient ruins and more indepth look at the cities and people.
We will be sending PDFs and book vouchers via DriveThruRPG and this will mean that in order to collect your physical rewards you will need to pay print costs which are generally between a quarter to a third of the purchase price, and P&P.
Risks and challenges
We are building on established foundations which do help to motivate us and aid in creating new content, plus working with a great team of artists and writers all known for meeting deadlines makes sure that we will get the game out in time if not ahead of time.
Life can happen and sometimes the unexpected bites you on the ass, in these situations we have no control, so touch wood.