Introducing: YES CACAO- BOTANICAL CHOCOLATE BARS
A new genre... A new application... A new direction...
IN THE BEGINNING...
This all started in 2009 when the founder of Yes CaCao, Justin Frank Polgar, began creating client-centered custom blended botanical chocolates. Clients were looking for new ways into wellness, and his research, results, and experiences revealed chocolate as an ideal vehicle, for two main reasons:
- People will eat their medicine with amazing dedication when you put it in chocolate.
- Chocolate is a vasodilator, opening blood vessels, and delivering the botanicals into the body very effectively.
Not just any chocolate would do. He sought out mineralized, non-commodified, vibrant "superfood" chocolate. Cultivating Direct-Trade relationships, Yes CaCao Botanical Chocolate Bars are made with wild harvested cacao from Ecuador. This is unlike any cacao available in the marketplace.
Everything we stone-grind into this chocolate is top shelf. All ingredients are ORGANIC, and when that is not possible (for example: shilajit, which is an 85 mineral, fulvic and humic acid soil pitch, wild harvested in the Himalayan Mountains), we find wild harvested or therapeutic grade alternatives. The sugar is no exception. We use 2 types of sugar:
- Coconut Palm Sugar - high in minerals and low glycemic
- Sun-Dried Cane Juice Crystals - grown in non-commodified, semi-wild fields at the base of an Ecuadorian volcano. Cane sugar is actually in the grass family, which makes it an excellent consumer of minerals in the soil. When sugar is commodified and grown in large plantations, the nutrition of the soil is depleted quickly and the sugar cane becomes "hollow", only containing artificial fertilizer "minerals". This may look okay on the outside, but it wreaks havoc on our insides. SOLUTION: Only using sun-dried, mineral rich cane that grows in it's natural environment, in it's natural eco-density. We have been feeding Yes CaCao Botanical Chocolate Bars to diabetics for the past 4 years with zero complaints*.
*The statements on this page have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
THE EMERGENCE OF THREE
About 6000 bars were produced from 2011-2013, in small batches, covering over 25 flavors and 50 functions, in several iterations of each. The blends were brilliant in flavor, and balanced in functional strength. Today, we are proud to present the 3 frontrunners: Dirty Chocolate, Karma Mellowl, and Gaba Baba.
Each chocolate bar has an intended purpose and an exquisite flavor profile:
DIRTY CHOCOLATE is food to launch you into your day. Think earthy peppermint and fennel, with botanicals like shilajit, tulsi, maca, and reishi. The intention here is to have grounded body focus.
KARMA MELLOWL is our Golden Chocolate. Featuring turmeric, bacopa, lion's mane mushroom, and pine pollen, to name a few. The flavor is a mix of graham cracker, butterscotch, and gingersnap. This one's a whole new world of chocolate. The intention here is Brain Food, especially short term memory.
GABA BABA is Meditation in a bar, inviting the feeling of being "totally relaxed and completely awake". Featuring GABA oolong tea, kava, blue lotus spagyric, and turmeric, these can be enjoyed at any time of the day or night. The intention here is to relax into your natural rhythm.
WHERE WE ARE NOW
In 2014 we launched in Oakland, California. The past year has taught our team more than we could have imagined! We're in over 50 stores, mostly in Northern California, and we're just getting started. We continue to attract accounts that align with our values; shifting the focus from an educational art project, into a growing new genre of chocolate. The Yes CaCao team is dedicated to helping people transform their relationship to health through chocolate. These Botanical Chocolate bars are an educationally leveraged product, meaning the more people learn about chocolate as a vehicle, the more they love the whole concept!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
Live In-Store Demo Wordle Infographic:
WHAT'S THE MONEY FOR?
Spreading the Yes across the US!
Doing it AWESOME will take more than $36,000. So far this has been personally (and familially) out of pocket for our founder. This began as an educational art project, and because of the response from our community, it has evolved into a business. We have yet to take on any outside investment, because as research shows, it's challenging to maintain the integrity of vision after selling a slice of the organization. With this in mind, and with the opportunity to crowd-fund, we are choosing to grow through the support of our larger community. And it sounds way more fun that way! Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
Funding from this campaign will go to:
- Certifications (Organic, Non-GMO, Kosher...)
- New Hires We want to support our team as we expand accounts into Southern California, Pacific Northwest, Colorado, and the East Coast
- Sales, Distribution, Marketing & PR, and Education (Positions available for passionate Yesologists, inquire within)
- A Flow Wrapper - this alone is $16,000
- Demo Kits We love the person-to-person interaction and in-store demos have helped us connect with 1000's of people in this past year.
- Making more chocolate!
Risks and challenges
We've been making chocolate for over 5 years, and we're confident in our ability to deliver our backers an amazing chocolate experience. More recently, we've updated our backend organization, tracking, and fulfillment logs. We've also researched tools like Shipwire to make sure that if it's more than we can handle, we know where to turn. If you live in a hot climate, not to worry, we'll be shipping chocolate with insulated packaging to keeping your Yes on the cool tip. The best thing we can do for you, is be transparent with our progress, and we'll communicate both our challenges and successes as we fulfill both your rewards and your expectations. On our website www.YesCaCao.com we offer a 100% guarantee. Check it out.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (34 days)