About this project
CHECK OUT THESE MYSTERIES
- Mystery #14 - Mummified Heart of Louis XVII.
- Mystery #26 - Ghost of Jim Morrison.
- Mystery #30 - Luck of Victor Noir.
- Mystery #36 - Catacombs of Paris: The Ghost of Philibert Aspairt.
- Mystery #51 - Theatre Grande Guingol.
- Mystery #76 - Theatre des Vampires.
- Mystery #51 - Aleister Crowley & the Vampire Witch.
- Mystery #99 - Map of the Catacombs (backers only).
- Mystery #98 - 666 Triangles in the Louvre Pyramid.
- Mystery #56 - Le Chat Noir Cabaret and Bar.
- Mystery #41 - Red Man of the Tuileries, The Ghost Who Haunted the French Monarchy
- Mystery #36 - The Catacombs of Paris
- Mystery #1 - The Innocents Cemetery
- Mystery #3 - The Ghost and the Lobster who may have inspired Phantom of the Opera
- Mystery #15 - The Curse of the Knights Templar
- Mystery #4 - The Traveling Head of King Henry IV
- Mystery #7 - Nicolas Flamel and Alchemists of Paris
- Mystery #80 - Ghosts of Versailles
- Mystery #71 - The Count Saint Germaine
- Mystery #53 - Ghost of St. Denis the Matyr
- Mystery #62 - Suicides in the Eiffel Tower
- Mystery #23 - The Real Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Mystery #27 - Dracula of Pére LaChaise Cemetery
- Mystery #31 - The Vampire of Montparnasse
- Mystery #48 - Man in the Iron Mask
- Mystery #98 - Black Magic Queen
Welcome to the Mysteries of Paris Kickstarter for March 23rd to April 23rd 2014 to bring the life a special edition of the Mysteries of Paris book and map project.
In June and July 2014 Father Sebastiaan, esoteric author, fangsmith and impresario of the Endless Nights created FANGVAN his first and successful Kickstarter project raising $27,000+ USD to get a mobile fanglab.
Mysteries of Paris "Vampires, Ghosts & the Darkside of the City of Lights" is a book and companion map for "Dark Paris" by the founder and author Father Sebastiaan of the Mysteries of Paris Ghost & Vampire Tour.
Where's the money going?
We are loving this exciting project, the city of Paris and exploring the “Darkside of the City of Lights”, but it has its financial costs. First and foremost the money will be going to paying an excellent research team to go into the libraries, talk to locals and fact checking all the content of the book. This is a time and exhaustive experience.
We estimate will be about 300 hours of work to complete the project, so about $3K. Printing and design costs for the book + map will be around $5000-$7000 for 1000 copies to be shipped to our offices in Paris. Completing all the rewards and communication tools for the kickstarter should costs us an estimated $3,000 for postage, printing, etc. We want to make a book which YOU will LOVE, celebrate by framing our map of Paris and keep the book as great conversation piece and tool to explore Paris for generations to come. With a successful Kickstarter we can complete the project and get the book in your hands sooner.
How did Sebastiaan get started in Paris?
After being kidnapped by a French cabaret dancer in June of 2007 Sebastiaan moved from New York City to Paris. Within his first week he encountered a ghost in his apartment the "Witching Hours" (midnight to 3am). Of course the first thing to look for was the Paris Ghost Tour as most cities have at least once ghost tour and he found nothing...
He began doing research and found many hints, rumors and information, however the skeptical French are "to rational to believe in ghosts" and looked at him like he had two heads. So he set out on a 5 year mission to discover all the "mysteries of Paris". People began asking him to do ghost walks and he opened Mysteries of Paris Tours.
With the current state of the publishing industry this Kickstarter will bring this vision of the Mysteries of Paris book to reality. The following will be funded with a successful Kickstarter...
- Printing of the book and the Map.
- Research costs of translation and the team fact checking the book.
- The great photography by Camille Leveque Photography.
- Graphic design and layout of the book.
OUR GOALS ARE:
Basic Goal - $9,999 - basic production of the project, printing of the initial limited edition copies of 999 print run in June 2014, graphic design for the book from our artist.
Stretch Goal 1 - $15,000 - we can print all the copies of the book in hardcover. Now this would really be kick ass.
Stretch Goal 2 - $20,000 - Super photography for the inside of the book and Unlock - Customized Map of the Catacombs on the reverse side of the Map.
Stretch Goal 3 - $25,000 - Unlock- 30 minute professionally created documentary of highlights of the tour, first exclusively for Backers and then the world.
During the Kickstarter every 3-4 days we will be releasing preview of the many mysteries includes in the book...
Here are sneak peek preview of updates for the Kickstarter including some contents of the book.
Risks and challenges
Not having the time to research and really focus on the project is the biggest challenge...
I will need at least 4 months to focus exclusively on this project will be March, April, May and June 2014.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (39 days)